did you look up the spoilers for this season? No spoilers inside

2 hours ago, Quillon said:

Wow, reading it in full (already knew the big once) but reading the final ending like this made me almost puke. If that’s the ending, it’s the cheesiest ending in the world and it’s just... it’s actually really bad, worse than I could possibly have been able to imagine. 

Spoiler

I am hoping that those reddit threads are just false spoilers to throw fans off the real ending.  

Daeny dying makes a lot of sense.  I always interpreted her House of Unholy vision to mean that she will not rule in the end and that she ends up dead like Khal Drogo and her baby.  When she was still good, i thought she may have died protecting Jon in the final battle.  Now that it was made clear she is the mad queen, she will get terminated.

And it now makes sense that Jon kills her.  The Song of Ice (Lyanna) and Fire (Rheagar) turns out was just about Jon.  As the Prince that is promised, Jon saves Westeros from the final darkness that would have been mad Queen Daenerys' reign, by killing her. And why would Jon be sent to the Wall as punishment for killing a mad tyrant? Killing Daenerys at this point is not murder, it would be a righteous execution. Did Jaime get punished when he killed the Mad King? I cannot see Jon just stabbing a girl and then go wandering the North with his pet drinking fermented milk with his buddy Thormand for the rest of his life. I think that he was brought back to life for an important purpose (kill Mad Queen) and then will die in the end after he makes his final ultimate self sacrifice, like Beric 

And the spoiler of the final council seems too weak to be true, imo.  No women on the council? No Sansa?  Bron ends up on the council? The council appoints an invalid (not that there is anything wrong with that) to be king? Bran has no interest in ruling the kingdom.  He just wants to plug himself into the www.world-wide-weirwood-tree and binge watch the past episodes of GOT.

Wishful thinking on my part, but this is my theory:  

21 hours ago, TNTW said:

Lol, sorry. Yes, I probably should have. But honestly, I thought maybe that would make it a little too tempting for those who really would rather not know. 

Yes. It was, in fact, too tempting...I clicked and read them all lol

Normally I wouldn't, but I figured who gives a shit at this point. Nothing really surprising. I'm just hoping this ending doesn't spoil the rewatch value for me, since once a year I've done a rewatch and enjoyed it. 

Oh well.

I never tried to look up any spoilers they are just everywhere . Or rather you can't escape on YouTube some fake plot leaks or theories. My issues was this season touched on nothing that seemed to be set up from season 7 finale. I d much rather seen Jon and dany have a baby rumor and dany  died like lyanna then turning her heel

At some point, between episodes 3 and 4, I realised I just don't care anymore and went looking for leaks and spoilers. Until then I'd been very careful to avoid them, staying off social media etc until Monday nights, when the eps aired in the UK. But then I thought reading the leaks would help me brace myself for just how crappy it's about to get. I think it has softened the impact, tbh. To the point where I'm generally okay with where they're going.

the darkness of the long night episode not bother me nor it's outcome . My feeling was turned dany from hero to villain needed 3 episode where 6 it happens and 7 and 8 wrap up the season. 8 episodes been all it needed

Like others in this thread, I found the leaks after episode 3.  

It's less disappointing to read how shitty the main points are than to endure the aimless logic failure of a whole episode.  

But then watching the episode after reading the spoilers is both kinda funny and a soul-wrenching dickpunch because of how much better it used to/should be.

I avoided spoilers by avoiding everything GOT related except this forum.

Of course, I got spoiled here without any tags for episodes 4 and 5. There is a thread that had a spoiler in the first message for episode 6 which I stopped reading after realizing what it was. Really hoping it wasn't a spoiler for real, but oh well.

The show turned into shit during the last seasons, and this forum during the last weeks. A pity.

3 hours ago, PlayerUp.com said:

Problem with E6 spoilers is they filmed multiple fakes scenes so we don't know which one is real and which one isn't. 

Bran : I went forward in time. To view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict.

Sam : How many did you see?

Bran: Fourteen million, six hundred and five.

Sam: How many did not suck?

Bran : Not a one.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:01 AM, Charlie Hustle said:

All spoilers were wrong so far. I stopped looking for them..

The spoilers for this season has been on point. I don't think they have had a single flaw in them. At least the once i've seen. 

I avoided most.  Definitely no plot spoilers.

I did encounter casting spoilers and some general filming spoilers.  I knew the battle at WF occurred about ep 3 and a KL battle in 5 or 6.

I saw pics of the KL set w/ the destroyed gate.

I read the spoilers for season 7 and it really was a downer so I avoided them this season.  I wanted to go in with only what I felt would happen in my mind.  It has been bittersweet

Same here.  I wanted to be spoiler free for S8, so I avoided them for this season.  Other than what I mentioned, above.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:23 PM, Skeletor said:

the darkness of the long night episode not bother me nor it's outcome .

The darkness of that ep didn't bother me, either.  Though it was quite dark.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:23 PM, Skeletor said:

My feeling was turned dany from hero to villain needed 3 episode where 6 it happens and 7 and 8 wrap up the season. 8 episodes been all it needed

I can see that.  The Turn, while foreshadowed/forecasted, definitely needed more time to germinate.

Archived