Anyone else think Cersei is still alive?

ron2112

I initially thought she might have survived, but in hindsight, especially given everything that needs to be done in the one remaining episode, then no - I don't think the survived. She and Jamie died in each others arms, killed by Ser Rock of House Cinderblock. (So much for all talk about the valonquar-prophecy and the Jamie/Tyrion-will-kill-her-theories.)

In the end, I found her death extremely anti-climactic. This is a character I've despised since S1 and wanted dead more or less since S2.
Now when I finally saw her die, I felt... almost nothing.

She simply died, from falling rubble, like so many others in the city no less. I guess her dying scared and when she for the first time in years had just admitted to wanting to live is the only bitter satisfaction I can get out of it.
Cersei's destructive cycle of hatred and vengeance finally caught up with her in a brutal and spectacular fashion (I guess no one ever told her to "not wake the dragon". That poor woman had no idea of what Daenerys was capable of), but ultimately, in her final moments, I felt more pity than hate for her.

I'm going to watch it again to make sure but think she did. Honestly I can't feel too bad for her. She was an awful person & deserved everything she got. I've spent years waiting for it and can say I'm happy except that it was done in act of Jaime saving her and not Arya killing her, BUT I liked Arya's reason for not doing it.

7 hours ago, Skills said:

I actually think Dany's forces will find their corpses and hang them off a bannister just to cement their victory and her complete descent to villany.

This is something she would do, but I think out of respect for Nikolaj and Lena they won’t.

Archived