ron2112

Anyone else think Cersei is still alive?

We didn't actually SEE her die.  I'm betting she claws her way out of the rubble in the next episode.  Anyone else?

I've always gone with the theory that unless you see a main character actually die on screen then they're not dead. This is the first time I've gone against that theory.

Ding dong the witch is dead. 

Just saw a post on Lena’s Instagram saying her watch had ended, even though she was sure Cersei would never take the black. She’s done. Finito 

I don't think she's alive, but since we didn't actually see a corpse i wouldn't be completely shocked if she were. But that said, that was a lot of building that collapsed on them, in a show full of unlikely things, the survival of Jaime & Cersei might be the most unlikely.

In the last several seasons of this show the dumbest possible option is usually the one chosen by the writers, so it wouldn't surprise me at all. 

23 minutes ago, tinyskeeveuk said:

I've always gone with the theory that unless you see a main character actually die on screen then they're not dead. This is the first time I've gone against that theory.

Ding dong the witch is dead. 

Stannis is still alive!

13 minutes ago, chatty83 said:

Stannis is still alive!

Oh, I can already see it:

Out from the still smoking ruins of Kings Landing steps a dark figure. Everything goes quiet as Dany and Jon turns. But before anyone can react, the dark figure cuts both of them down with his sword. Then he throws back his cloak, revealing the face of Stannis, and yells: Hail to the king, baby!

1 hour ago, ron2112 said:

We didn't actually SEE her die.  I'm betting she claws her way out of the rubble in the next episode.  Anyone else?

If there were 3 more seasons or something, yes I would say you might be right. But this is it. She gone. 

I've been wondering about that since seeing the episode. Having her and Jaime just die under all that rubble just comes off as incredibly anti-climatic. I guess, we'll find out next week.

If she's still alive, the Hound and the Mountain better be too.

:thumbsdown:

As soon as Daenerys chose to massacre the people of King's Landing, the story moved past Cersei. There's no more point in featuring a lesser mad queen. I had hoped the Lannister twins would live to see the finale, if only because they would make it more interesting, but I'm afraid that's not happening. 

Yep she is gonna crawl out of the rubble and since everyone else kills eachother her and jaime will rule. Given how much sense this episode made I say there is a good chance of this.

46 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Yep she is gonna crawl out of the rubble and since everyone else kills eachother her and jaime will rule. Given how much sense this episode made I say there is a good chance of this.

Movie and TV logic. Unless you actually see a death happen onscreen, everything is a possibility. 

I actually think Dany's forces will find their corpses and hang them off a bannister just to cement their victory and her complete descent to villany.

I believe she's alive and they will have the chance to execute her. 

8 hours ago, ron2112 said:

Short answer:  No.

Longer answer: her body won't be found for quite awhile.  and maybe never will be. 

4 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I thought the episode was quite sensible.  What didn't make sense to you?