Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

From the proposed last script GRRM wrote for the show: "The Lion and the Rose" S4E2:

Images flash by, one after another; distant places and different times, familiar faces and faces of strangers.

Ned Stark cleans Ice beneath Winterfell’s heart tree (from the original pilot).

The Mad Kings Aerys Targaryen a gaunt man with silver-gold hair and foot-long fingernails, CACKLES as he watches Ned’s father and brother burn.

Jon Snow with Ghost. Unawares.

Two children, a boy and a girl, fight with wooden swords in Winterfell’s godswood. (Benjen and Lyanna as kids).

Robb sits drenched in blood amidst the carnage of the Red Wedding, surrounded by the dead. His dead face slowly transforms into Grey Wind’s wolfish features.

Jaime and Cersei embrace in Winterfell’s old keep (the last thing Bran saw before he fell, from the pilot).

A black direwolf with green eyes (SHAGGYDOG) looks up suddenly from a bloody kill, as if he senses Bran.

Hints of strange small children with very dark eyes.

The shadow of a dragon passes across the rooftops of a great city (King’s Landing, where Bran has never been).

Arya with Needle in hand. Her face MELTS and CHANGES.

The visions end with a distinctive quartet of northern hills (per Chris Newman’s location photograph), serving as the backdrop to the LARGEST WEIRWOOD we’ve ever seen.

-------------------------------------

While this season has given us much to :bang: about, considering GRRM seemed to be suggesting the accuracy of Bran's visions, what is his ultimate purpose? By my calculations, his entire show arc north with Jojen & Meera (parts of which Martin wrote) appears to have been for no reason; was all of that simply to confirm Jon's parentage? Why was he seemingly destined to train under/become the 3ER? This has yet to be answered.

What will the final episode do with Bran? [no leak/supposed leak material please]

Edited by Chris is my name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very little. His imporance was only a a foil/target for the Night King, who, it turns out, was only the third-biggest villain of the show. Bran's story is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chris is my name said:

From the proposed last script GRRM wrote for the show: "The Lion and the Rose" S4E2:

Images flash by, one after another; distant places and different times, familiar faces and faces of strangers.

Ned Stark cleans Ice beneath Winterfell’s heart tree (from the original pilot).

The Mad Kings Aerys Targaryen a gaunt man with silver-gold hair and foot-long fingernails, CACKLES as he watches Ned’s father and brother burn.

Jon Snow with Ghost. Unawares.

Two children, a boy and a girl, fight with wooden swords in Winterfell’s godswood. (Benjen and Lyanna as kids).

Robb sits drenched in blood amidst the carnage of the Red Wedding, surrounded by the dead. His dead face slowly transforms into Grey Wind’s wolfish features.

Jaime and Cersei embrace in Winterfell’s old keep (the last thing Bran saw before he fell, from the pilot).

A black direwolf with green eyes (SHAGGYDOG) looks up suddenly from a bloody kill, as if he senses Bran.

Hints of strange small children with very dark eyes.

The shadow of a dragon passes across the rooftops of a great city (King’s Landing, where Bran has never been).

Arya with Needle in hand. Her face MELTS and CHANGES.

The visions end with a distinctive quartet of northern hills (per Chris Newman’s location photograph), serving as the backdrop to the LARGEST WEIRWOOD we’ve ever seen.

-------------------------------------

While this season has given us much to :bang: about, considering GRRM seemed to be suggesting the accuracy of Bran's visions, what is his ultimate purpose? By my calculations, his entire show arc north with Jojen & Meera (parts of which Martin wrote) appears to have been for no reason; was all of that simply to confirm Jon's parentage? Why was he seemingly destined to train under/become the 3ER? This has yet to be answered.

What will the final episode do with Bran? [no leak/supposed leak material please]

He definetely must play a part somehow. I really don't think they'd have bothered keeping him alive if they didn't have a reason for him to be alive. He could be very important going forward, in fact they should have used him to help with this war, but they didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cirah1712 said:

He definetely must play a part somehow. I really don't think they'd have bothered keeping him alive if they didn't have a reason for him to be alive. He could be very important going forward, in fact they should have used him to help with this war, but they didn't. 

Why must he "definetly" have a part. He was a big character in the books and the writers in the show dropped the ball on him like everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chris is my name said:

 

What will the final episode do with Bran? [no leak/supposed leak material please]

So.. tell you what happens..  but don't tell you what happens?   =0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just wait. It will be revealed that Bran is warging Dany, causing her to destroy any chance she had at ruling. Probably to improve Jon’s odds of taking the throne. Or someone else’s, who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We know Bran can take control of people in the past. Maybe Bran visits the past and does..something.

Thing is, they don't have to go back to Winterfell. Arya can kill Daeny now as she's already right there.

Edited by tallTale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, funpig said:

Bran wargs into drogon to kill last dragon and Daenerys.

You're 40% right and 60% wrong. You should have quit while you were ahead with Drogon. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question (been rewatching the office lately, that's my Dwight voice lol):

If we see Bran, will it be in King's Landing during Danny's big conquest scenes after arriving in a carriage he's been riding in for 3 weeks?

Or will he be doing any magic from the Weirwood  in Winterfell?

Or will he not even be in the finale in any meaningful way? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Maybe, remembering the past would allow people to avoid making the same mistakes over and over again? But someone needs to give Bran a reason to live, to take action, to participate in helping navigate Westeros to a better future. Tyrion seems to be in a good position to help him find a purpose considering their past actions. Maybe Tyrion can be king, and Bran his hand. But Tyrion is in a bit of a bad spot to be crowned king lol.

Edited by NonoNono

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 4:36 PM, Chris is my name said:

From the proposed last script GRRM wrote for the show: "The Lion and the Rose" S4E2:

Images flash by, one after another; distant places and different times, familiar faces and faces of strangers.

Ned Stark cleans Ice beneath Winterfell’s heart tree (from the original pilot).

The Mad Kings Aerys Targaryen a gaunt man with silver-gold hair and foot-long fingernails, CACKLES as he watches Ned’s father and brother burn.

Jon Snow with Ghost. Unawares.

Two children, a boy and a girl, fight with wooden swords in Winterfell’s godswood. (Benjen and Lyanna as kids).

Robb sits drenched in blood amidst the carnage of the Red Wedding, surrounded by the dead. His dead face slowly transforms into Grey Wind’s wolfish features.

Jaime and Cersei embrace in Winterfell’s old keep (the last thing Bran saw before he fell, from the pilot).

A black direwolf with green eyes (SHAGGYDOG) looks up suddenly from a bloody kill, as if he senses Bran.

Hints of strange small children with very dark eyes.

The shadow of a dragon passes across the rooftops of a great city (King’s Landing, where Bran has never been).

Arya with Needle in hand. Her face MELTS and CHANGES.

The visions end with a distinctive quartet of northern hills (per Chris Newman’s location photograph), serving as the backdrop to the LARGEST WEIRWOOD we’ve ever seen.

-------------------------------------

While this season has given us much to :bang: about, considering GRRM seemed to be suggesting the accuracy of Bran's visions, what is his ultimate purpose? By my calculations, his entire show arc north with Jojen & Meera (parts of which Martin wrote) appears to have been for no reason; was all of that simply to confirm Jon's parentage? Why was he seemingly destined to train under/become the 3ER? This has yet to be answered.

What will the final episode do with Bran? [no leak/supposed leak material please]

The 3rd raven power leaves him and he becomes Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North. Jon becomes King and Sansa hand to the king. Arya becomes lord commander of the new special forces division. Gendry stays home and raises Baby Arya and Baby Gendry and baby sits Jon’s kids with some random highborn lady. 

Edited by King Jon Snow Stark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

The 3rd raven power leaves him and he becomes Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North. Jon becomes King and Sansa hand to the king. Arya becomes lord commander of the new special forces division. Gendry stays home and raises Baby Arya and Baby Gendry and baby sits Jon’s kids with some random highborn lady. 

This,  but the opposite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I wouldn't be surprised if Bran doesn't even appear in the last episode. 

Edited by Remember

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

13 minutes ago, azor_ahaiii said:

The 3rd raven power leaves him and he becomes Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North. Jon becomes King and Sansa hand to the king. Arya becomes lord commander of the new special forces division. Gendry stays home and raises Baby Arya and Baby Gendry and baby sits Jon’s kids with some random highborn lady. 

13 minutes ago, azor_ahaiii said:

This,  but the opposite

Bran retains his 3eyed raven powers and refuses yet again to be lord of Winterfell and warden of the north. Jon passes on becoming King and denies Sansa any thought of being his hand.  No new special forces division is created for Arya so she dose nothing.  Gendry leaves home and raises no children since he remains single.

 

hmm the opposite just sounds.. lame.  so entirely possible then!

Edited by Bradam
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bradam said:

 

Bran retains his 3eyed raven powers and refuses yet again to be lord of winterfell and warden of the north. Jon passes on becoming King and denies Sansa any thought of behing her hand.  No new special forces division is created for Arya so she dose nothing.  Gendry leaves home and raises no children since he remains single.

 

hmm the opposite just sounds.. lame.  so entirely possible then!

Oh man it does sound lame. I hope it doesn’t happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 2:06 AM, Chris is my name said:

From the proposed last script GRRM wrote for the show: "The Lion and the Rose" S4E2:

Images flash by, one after another; distant places and different times, familiar faces and faces of strangers.

Ned Stark cleans Ice beneath Winterfell’s heart tree (from the original pilot).

The Mad Kings Aerys Targaryen a gaunt man with silver-gold hair and foot-long fingernails, CACKLES as he watches Ned’s father and brother burn.

Jon Snow with Ghost. Unawares.

Two children, a boy and a girl, fight with wooden swords in Winterfell’s godswood. (Benjen and Lyanna as kids).

Robb sits drenched in blood amidst the carnage of the Red Wedding, surrounded by the dead. His dead face slowly transforms into Grey Wind’s wolfish features.

Jaime and Cersei embrace in Winterfell’s old keep (the last thing Bran saw before he fell, from the pilot).

A black direwolf with green eyes (SHAGGYDOG) looks up suddenly from a bloody kill, as if he senses Bran.

Hints of strange small children with very dark eyes.

The shadow of a dragon passes across the rooftops of a great city (King’s Landing, where Bran has never been).

Arya with Needle in hand. Her face MELTS and CHANGES.

The visions end with a distinctive quartet of northern hills (per Chris Newman’s location photograph), serving as the backdrop to the LARGEST WEIRWOOD we’ve ever seen.

-------------------------------------

While this season has given us much to :bang: about, considering GRRM seemed to be suggesting the accuracy of Bran's visions, what is his ultimate purpose? By my calculations, his entire show arc north with Jojen & Meera (parts of which Martin wrote) appears to have been for no reason; was all of that simply to confirm Jon's parentage? Why was he seemingly destined to train under/become the 3ER? This has yet to be answered.

What will the final episode do with Bran? [no leak/supposed leak material please]

Bran's true purpose IS to give the reader/viewer the whole story. Something without flashbacks.

PERIOD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, robasp2 said:

Bran's true purpose IS to give the reader/viewer the whole story. Something without flashbacks.

PERIOD.

Dont forget wheelchair design plans, he spent a lot of time researching those instead of boring stuff like how to defeat the walkers or tame dragons or make valaryian steel and such.

And you can't tell me he's a not peeping tom, a teenage boy given unlimited spying abilities for all time with no one ever the wiser didn't go peek on some ladies at least once..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×