Do you see any way dany lives through all this?

We know she will most likely die however they could have it where she rules kills her enemies and rules. Jon goes north of the wall because he wants to and belongs there. So the threat of another heir is gone. Tyrion will likely be killed and sansa would likely be killed as well. However I think it's possible that dany lives....or at least that dany look alike survive. It wouldn't be satisfying but it could happen. Thoughts.

my only thought is that she gets rezzed after being killed and reunites with jon and their child. cant believe all that talk last season and no baby. I am hoping for this, as this would be a positive bittersweet ending for them - I also feel her and jon her share so many parallels, that it is her turn to be knifed, metaphorically for her people and rezzed.

I hope for this and this will be a satisfactory ending for them in my eyes.

not hopeful tho...

Dany can't live. She is too dangerous. If she lived, the series would not be over because the terrifying threat of mass destruction would always loom over Westeros as long as she was alive.

If she dies, someone else can ride Drogon, or kill him. But not while she lives.

I'm not even convinced she loses at all...

I have a sneaky feeling she triumphs while all those that backed the wrong horse go into hiding or die.

It would be a bittersweet ending that's been talked about.. the girl most have backed from the start gets the throne but is no longer who she was, we are right back where it all started with a crazy targ ruling.

Leaves room for a nice future show set sometime in the future with another rebellion.

9 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

I have a sneaky feeling she triumphs while all those that backed the wrong horse go into hiding or die.

It would be a bittersweet ending that's been talked about.. the girl most have backed from the start gets the throne but is no longer who she was, we are right back where it all started with a crazy targ ruling.

Leaves room for a nice future show set sometime in the future with another rebellion.

I like this.  The other option would result in her death and a power vacuum.  I don't think you can convince Jon to take the throne

4 minutes ago, Winter prince said:

I like this.  The other option would result in her death and a power vacuum.  I don't think you can convince Jon to take the throne

This is most likely I was just hoping in a season that's been so predictable there was at least one m night shymalan moment.

19 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

There is no future rebellion. The show people and GRRM have been quite clear on that, no sequels only prequels.

Jon will probably not take the throne though I tend to agree. I think it is actually fairly likely that he will call an election - as with the Night's Watch. Not a smallfolk election of course, but an election of the remaining powers that be in Westeros to choose a leader they can agree on so as not to have another war.

Dany just has to die. Without Drogon, no one will let her live. She is too vulnerable. But with Drogon she is too terrible to be allowed to live.

12 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

There is no future rebellion. The show people and GRRM have been quite clear on that, no sequels only prequels.

Jon will probably not take the throne though I tend to agree. I think it is actually fairly likely that he will call an election - as with the Night's Watch. Not a smallfolk election of course, but an election of the remaining powers that be in Westeros to choose a leader they can agree on so as not to have another war.

Dany just has to die. Without Drogon, no one will let her live. She is too vulnerable. But with Drogon she is too terrible to be allowed to live.

There doesn't need to be a future show but Dany ruling in fear could still be a possibility and a sad ending for all in westerns.

I can't remember a show ending on such a low which would be great : )

7 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

There doesn't need to be a future show but Dany ruling in fear could still be a possibility and a sad ending for all in westerns.

I can't remember a show ending on such a low which would be great : )

I don't think it would be great. Just because it is not usually done doesn't mean it should be.

The series is at its essence a commentary on violence, yes. But the overall objective is not to say that violence wins and there are no solutions.

This isn't going to be a cheery weddings and laughter and happily ever after ending if that is what you are worried about. But there WILL be grounds for optimism.

19 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

I don't think it would be great. Just because it is not usually done doesn't mean it should be.

The series is at its essence a commentary on violence, yes. But the overall objective is not to say that violence wins and there are no solutions.

This isn't going to be a cheery weddings and laughter and happily ever after ending if that is what you are worried about. But there WILL be grounds for optimism.

I was thinking more along the lines of good doesn't always prevail irl.

They all dug the hole they are in and need to live with it.

Smarter men with less power warned them and they chose to ignore them.

Trump

1 minute ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

I was thinking more along the lines of good doesn't always prevail irl.

They all dug the hole they are in and need to live with it.

Smarter men with less power warned them and they chose to ignore them.

Well hopefully everyone will come to the same reasonable conclusion as a result, which is that no one person should ever have so much power.

12 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

indeed. Which is why I actually see it as a good ending for Dany even if she has to die.

There you go - and that is bittersweet. The telling of this tale by D&D is utter crap but plot points for something better are hidden there somewhere.

Around the water cooler at work today a colleague suggested the only reason the Lord of Light brought Jon back was to take at Dany and restore balance in a reformed world. So Jon might just fall over and die, once he does what he now has to do.

2 minutes ago, ummester said:

There you go - and that is bittersweet. The telling of this tale by D&D is utter crap but plot points for something better are hidden there somewhere.

Around the water cooler at work today a colleague suggested the only reason the Lord of Light brought Jon back was to take at Dany and restore balance in a reformed world. So Jon might just fall over and die, once he does what he now has to do.

Well I don't think the Lord of Light is a benevolent God personally. I think he is the destructive force of Fire. He brought Jon back so that Jon would bring Dany to the North to help against the NK, yes, but that is so that Fire as a force could then go unchallenged. The Lord of Light doesn't want Dany to be killed, he wants her to burn down everything and everyone in the entire world.

22 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

indeed. Which is why I actually see it as a good ending for Dany even if she has to die.

I’ve always thought that the end of this show is that no one “wins” the Iron Throne - that the wheel is indeed broken and there are now elections or each kingdom is independent. I do very much wish that Daenerys breaking the wheel had been written in a different way to give her more credit.

Just now, Hippocras said:

Well I don't think the Lord of Light is a benevolent God personally. I think he is the destructive force of Fire. He brought Jon back so that Jon would bring Dany to the North to help against the NK, yes, but that is so that Fire as a force could then go unchallenged. The Lord of Light doesn't want Dany to be killed, he wants her to burn down everything and everyone in the entire world.

I tend to agree that the Lord of Light is bad - or at least I used to, before this season where everything got so muddled :) 

If what you say is true then they should't have killed the Night King, because he may have been the only way to counter the world burning. Imagine that ending - where Jon or someone realizes that killing the Night King was the wrong move. Imagine how that would make the currently upset fans feel?

Just now, ummester said:

I tend to agree that the Lord of Light is bad - or at least I used to, before this season where everything got so muddled :) 

If what you say is true then they should't have killed the Night King, because he may have been the only way to counter the world burning. Imagine that ending - where Jon or someone realizes that killing the Night King was the wrong move. Imagine how that would make the currently upset fans feel?

nah, the NK needed to die. But so do all the dragons and the religion that glorifies burning people.

Archived