Do you see any way dany lives through all this?

I really wonder about the pregnancy - will that be part of the storyline in the books? They decided to do away with in the show because they couldn’t make it work/no time/can’t have Jon kill the woman pregnant with his child?

5 minutes ago, Petitephlox said:

I really wonder about the pregnancy - will that be part of the storyline in the books? They decided to do away with in the show because they couldn’t make it work/no time/can’t have Jon kill the woman pregnant with his child?

What pregnancy? There is absolutely nothing to indicate there is one. Rather there are several conversations that make it pretty clear Dany can't have children. Yes, those conversations sparked speculation it wasn't true, but really the show gave us no reason to believe in a pregnancy.

Rather, it was always a worrying thing that in spite of her clear belief, probably true, that she would never have children, she never thought beyond her own reign. She never considered the succession even when Tyrion specifically asked.

Just now, Hippocras said:

What pregnancy? There is absolutely nothing to indicate there is one. Rather there are several conversations that make it pretty clear Dany can't have children. Yes, those conversations sparked speculation it wasn't true, but really the show gave us no reason to believe in a pregnancy.

There were some seeds in the show, but more so in the books with the prophecy (when your womb quickens again and you bear a living child, etc.). Clearly not pregnant in the show, just wondering if this will happen in the books. 

2 minutes ago, Petitephlox said:

There were some seeds in the show, but more so in the books with the prophecy (when your womb quickens again and you bear a living child, etc.). Clearly not pregnant in the show, just wondering if this will happen in the books. 

Even in the books. What was actually said was that Dany would never bear a living child, because those words were spoken in the context of describing when Drogo would be fully alive and with her again, so never. Just like in the show, it was done in a tantilizing way to make fans speculate like crazy, but what was actually said was simply that she would never have children.

I used to think she would die towards the end, now i'm hoping she lives.  They all made thier bed, now sleep in it.  

One perk I suppose is since she can't have kids she is the last living full Targ, so when she's dead that problem of mad Targs ruling is solved.  

Probably not. In the books I could see her going mad in the sense of killing a few innocent people (not genocide) and trying to just go back home to the red door. But with what she has done and what they seem to be positioning her as.... I only see death as an option.

2 hours ago, btfu806 said:

But with what she has done and what they seem to be positioning her as.... I only see death as an option.

And considering her current state of mind, death can only come in the form of an assassination. There's no chance someone can defeat her in battle now. She killed (possibly) hundreds of thousands of innocent people so any lord in open rebellion would most likely see his castle burned. Her "mhysa" days are over.

she could claim she was trying to setoff all the Wildfire caches to prevent Cersi from using it against Dany's troops.   but it more appears Dany just dosen't give a shit, Fear me!  Next episode will prolly be her barking orders at everyone "do as I say or burn!"  

Considering Jamie and Cersi are buried under 8 million tons of rubble Dany is probably going to think Cersi escaped and go on a burning raid across the countryside maybe

But how will she die? If Jon or someone else knifes her they will be butchered by the unsullied and The Dothraki... not to mention she’s got Drogon, for her to die surely she would have to be the sneakiest death of all time, and then somehow win over the Dothraki and the unsullied. I’ve got a feeling Dany will live, she may be dangerous, but she’s the most powerful person in the whole of the seven kingdoms...

4 hours ago, Bradam said:

I used to think she would die towards the end, now i'm hoping she lives.  They all made thier bed, now sleep in it.  

One perk I suppose is since she can't have kids she is the last living full Targ, so when she's dead that problem of mad Targs ruling is solved.  

What do you mean? She's got exactly the same 50-50 mix as Jon.

• Dany is 50% Targaryen and 50% First Men (Blackwood).
  • Jon is 50% Targaryen and 50% First Men (Stark).

No difference. It's even the same in that the Targaryen half is the paternal half and the First Blood half the maternal one.  I bet that's no accident either.

EDITED TO ADD:

Hm, that's not quite right: Jon has more First Men blood than Dany does. He's 25% Targaryen and 75% First Men. Dany is 50-50.

The points is that Aegon V (call that full Targ) married a Blackwood, making his children all 50-50.

Then two of these 50-50 children (Jaehaerys II and Shaera) married and had kids together, so that's still 50-50. They aren't suddenly "full Targ". There's been no change in the mix.

Then two of their 50-50 kids (Aerys II and Raella) did the very same thing, so the next generation (Rhaegar and Dany) are still the same 50-50 as Aegon II's original children were several generations past! This is what happens with inbreeding of siblings. 

That's why Dany has 50% blood of the First Men flowing through her veins. You'd think she could be warging Drogon, maybe without even knowing it. :)

It would get screwy since a full targ and a 0 targ would have 50/50 kids, but if you breed those 50/50 kids togther thier kids could have wildly differnt ratios, potentionally theres a teeny chance you could get a 100% targ or a 0% targ.  Plus we dont know if Targ genes are dominant or not. 

What if Dany is filled with intense remorse for what she's done, and instead burns all of the Unsullied and Dothraki and flies away on Drogon in self exile. 

Jon is left to rule a broken world with a broken heart. 

#bittersweet

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Um do we know what first men means compared to valryians cause dani 's parent's both targ. So are valyrians  first men or mages really.

No, both her parents are half and half. And so too were their parents. So it's still just half and half.

One possible narrative.  Daenerys orders Sansa and Starks arrested and brought to Kings Landing.  She also orders all Lords of the Houses attend to bend a knee. Everybody including Briene, Gendry etc come for the final confrontation in the last episode.  Daenerys intends (to put to trial and) to execute (burn) Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran (i.e. all Starks), any Lords who refuses to bend a knee, and any other persons she perceives to be disloyal or potentially disloyal.  She plans to drain the swamp once and for all and be the supreme undisputed ruler.  Lords have received Varys' letters, know that Jon is true King and are revolted by Daenerys' massacre.  Jon finally stops being passive, and stands up to  Daenerys. Perhaps there will be a trial by combat against Grey Worm (who is absolutely loyal to the Queen and still has a blood lust after the death of Missendai) with Jon defending all his family and friends who stand to be executed.  Jon wins the trial by combat and Grey Worm dies. But i think Jon suffers mortal injuries and will die in the end (like Beric, Jon was brought back to life for a purpose and once he fulfils his purpose, he dies).  How will the story deal with a pissed off drogon (Bran wargs?) or the vengeful Dothraki or Unsullied (maybe without their Queen they will just be happy to be done with fighting and go back to Essos?)?  After Jon wins the trial by combat, evil Dany still gives the "dracarys" command to burn everybody anyways but is surprised that Bran has warged into and now controls Drogon.  Jon realizes he has no choice but to kill Dany. She dies in his arms.  Daenerys' vision in the House of the Unholy is fulfilled (she does not sit on the IT and she ends up dead like Khal Drogo and their stillborn son). Before dying of his wounds, Jon decrees that his claim to throne should pass to his sister(cousin) Sansa and Tyrion, who i believe are still married.

2 minutes ago, funpig said:

One possible narrative.  Daenerys orders Sansa and Starks arrested and brought to Kings Landing.  She also orders all Lords of the Houses attend to bend a knee. Everybody including Briene, Gendry etc come for the final confrontation in the last episode.  Daenerys intends (to put to trial and) to execute (burn) Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran (i.e. all Starks), any Lords who refuses to bend a knee, and any other persons she perceives to be disloyal or potentially disloyal.  She plans to drain the swamp once and for all and be the supreme undisputed ruler.  Lords have received Varys' letters, know that Jon is true King and are revolted by Daenerys' massacre.  Jon finally stops being passive, and stands up to  Daenerys.  Perhaps there will be a trial by combat against Grey Worm (who is absolutely loyal to the Queen) with Jon defending all his family and friends who stand to be executed.  He wins the combat and Grey Worm dies. But i think Jon suffers mortal injuries and will die in the end (like Beric, Jon was brought back to life for a purpose and once he fulfils his purpose, he dies).  How will the story deal with a pissed off drogon (Bran wargs?) or the vengeful Dothraki or Unsullied (maybe without their Queen they will just be happy to be done with fighting and go back to Essos?)?  After Jon wins the trial by combat, evil Dany still gives the "dracarys" command to burn everybody anyways but is surprised the Bran has warged into and now controls drogon.  Jon realizes he has no choice but to kill Dany. She dies in his arms.  Daenerys' vision in the House of the Unholy is fulfilled (she does not sit on the IT and she ends up dead like Khal Drogo and their stillborn son). Before dying of his wounds, Jon decrees that his claim to throne should pass to his sister(cousin) Sansa, who i believe is still married to Tyrion. 

No, please mercy us...Lol.. 

Archived