Do you see any way dany lives through all this?

On 5/14/2019 at 7:54 PM, CrypticWeirwood said:

What do you mean? She's got exactly the same 50-50 mix as Jon.

• Dany is 50% Targaryen and 50% First Men (Blackwood).
  • Jon is 50% Targaryen and 50% First Men (Stark).

No difference. It's even the same in that the Targaryen half is the paternal half and the First Blood half the maternal one.  I bet that's no accident either.

EDITED TO ADD:

Hm, that's not quite right: Jon has more First Men blood than Dany does. He's 25% Targaryen and 75% First Men. Dany is 50-50.

The points is that Aegon V (call that full Targ) married a Blackwood, making his children all 50-50.

Then two of these 50-50 children (Jaehaerys II and Shaera) married and had kids together, so that's still 50-50. They aren't suddenly "full Targ". There's been no change in the mix.

Then two of their 50-50 kids (Aerys II and Raella) did the very same thing, so the next generation (Rhaegar and Dany) are still the same 50-50 as Aegon II's original children were several generations past! This is what happens with inbreeding of siblings. 

That's why Dany has 50% blood of the First Men flowing through her veins. You'd think she could be warging Drogon, maybe without even knowing it. :)

Genetics doesn’t work like that. If it were that simple you’d never have to worry about inbreeding. To illustrate I’ll use the X and Y chromosomes. All Targ males will get the Targ Y chromosome, so to use your example and assumption that Aegon V is all Targ, Jaehaerys has a Targ Y and Blackwood X. Shaera has Targ X and Blackwood X = 50-50 as you wrote. In the next generation Aerys II will still have Targ Y and either Targ or Blackwood X, making him 50 or 100% Targ. Raella  will get Blackwood X from dad and either Targ or Blackwood X from mom, making her 0 or 50% Targ. Assuming worst case both Rhaegar and Dany could actually be 100% Targ. Jon would also get the Targ Y from daddy Rhaegar making him 50% too. This is very much simplified as there are in reality 46 chromosomes to play around with, but the whole thing with inbreeding is that it diminishes the gene pool and increases the risk that undesirable recessive traits “meet” in the same individual. Just look at the Habsburg family.

Well, the only thing I can think off is - Dany realize she is pregnant, she doesn't feel any better or fulfilled with having the Throne. She abdicates by telling everyone that Jon is the true heir to the throne, Jon becomes king who will rule with a council of Sam, Davos, Bran etc. 

Jon, who previously couldn't love her as he should, completely changes as she is now expecting his child. Her madness get suppressed, her only devotion is now to her child and family. 

They rule, feared but just. To actually create a better world for their child - But she dies in Childbirth. 

I guess it could work. Maybe, Don't think I would be happy with it tho. 

8 minutes ago, Hoo said:

I don't see anyway Dani survives because Arya's purpose wasn't fulfilled, which is to kill the Queen, and Dani is the Queen now, she took what's hers with blood and fire.

Why would Arya kill the Queen tho? I feel people missed the "Green eye" shit, because honestly, Arya Nods when she hears Green eyes as she has already killed that person. Littlefinger, Maybe the Kingsguard or w/e. I never got the feeling she had missed that one. Because she mention Blue eyes last - Like that would be her last to slay. 

3 minutes ago, Knugen said:

Why would Arya kill the Queen tho? 

Arya set forth to KL to kill the Queen.  She is on a mission.  She was saved from  going up the tower and killing Cersei for something else, to complete her mission.  Nobody killed Cersei, she died in a ruble, she is not the Queen that was to be killed.  

1 hour ago, Tyrion1991 said:

OP

Bran changes the past.

There is no other way around it. The show runners have decided to go for the most morbid ending you could imagine. 

Wait why is bran changing the past Morbid? I mean everything from the bells forward with fake dany was BS.  However I am curious as to how bran changing the past changes this at all? I would like to hear what you mean though.

1 hour ago, Knugen said:

Why would Arya kill the Queen tho? I feel people missed the "Green eye" shit, because honestly, Arya Nods when she hears Green eyes as she has already killed that person. Littlefinger, Maybe the Kingsguard or w/e. I never got the feeling she had missed that one. Because she mention Blue eyes last - Like that would be her last to slay. 

I think people need to realize that the prophecies in the show don't mean anything. Cersei wasn't killed by any brother. The knight king wasn't killed by lightbringer and probably a dozen others. In the books I think the prophecies may come into play or they may use the prophecies in a way that shows how they can ruin lives. Think of how much damage was done because people wanted to help fufill porphecies in the game of thrones world.

Perhaps if Drogon dies she gets exiled at the end with her fate left ambiguous, and reflecting the first season. Bran could also do some weird magic stuff like go back in time or put her soul into Drogon or a Weirwood so that she can be at peace. I doubt that any of those things will happen, though. I'd give it a 15% chance.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:09 PM, snow is the man said:

We know she will most likely die however they could have it where she rules kills her enemies and rules. Jon goes north of the wall because he wants to and belongs there. So the threat of another heir is gone. Tyrion will likely be killed and sansa would likely be killed as well. However I think it's possible that dany lives....or at least that dany look alike survive. It wouldn't be satisfying but it could happen. Thoughts.

This is a fantasy novel whose earliest, opening scene had magic and magical beings we'd never seen before in it.

It's surprising that so few people have imagined it finally ending similarly to how it first began.

But I rather think it will, and this casts its own glamour on any predictions about Dany ultimate destiny.

Danny was never a good person. She was Drogo's evil bitch of a wife. Then she burned the witch alive to give birth to her dragons. There were plenty of signs in every season that she was liable to go rogue and kill lots of people.

The big tell though was telling Jon he must suppress the truth about who he is. Once Danny realized she is not the rightful queen, she decided she could only rule by a show of force.

This is not at all unlikely. In fact we saw it happen in the invasion of Iraq. See 'shock and awe'. One of the mental midgets behind the invasion once said that every so often the US should just slam some small country up against a wall just to show we can.

Real people act this way in the pursuit of power. And a lot of people think that they are heroic figures despite the fact that they do these things. That is what the books are all about.

23 minutes ago, hallam said:

Danny was never a good person. She was Drogo's evil bitch of a wife. Then she burned the witch alive to give birth to her dragons. There were plenty of signs in every season that she was liable to go rogue and kill lots of people.

The big tell though was telling Jon he must suppress the truth about who he is. Once Danny realized she is not the rightful queen, she decided she could only rule by a show of force.

I strongly agree with you. I pointed this out when it happened that it was a super-bad sign, like when a child molester tells the children never to tell their parents or teachers. It's the sign of something sick and dangerous that will never turn out well.

I think Dany kills herself after Bran tells her she was not even a Targaryen, the real Daenerys died in the storm with her mother. She is just some commoner who was raised as a fake Targ and achieved what she did through blood magic, like the first Targaryens probably did. Her whole life was a lie.

4 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Wait why is bran changing the past Morbid? I mean everything from the bells forward with fake dany was BS.  However I am curious as to how bran changing the past changes this at all? I would like to hear what you mean though.

Well it would be good if they did. But they won’t be doing that. Iam saying that they are going to go with the nihilist ending where everybody fails.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:40 AM, Risto said:

No. I am sorry, but she killed so many people that we are using 6 figures to count it. She needs to die. Pronto!

Since when is this the moral of this show: Bad people must die?

The mantra here is: Let me shock you to stupor so that you avoid asking stupid questions :(

8 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

No chance. The reason they had her inexplicably snap into full villain mode was to justify her murder in the next episode, and it will probably be by Jon's hand. She might even beg to be killed

Yes.

A hundred days and a hundred nights he labored on the third blade, and as it glowed white-hot in the sacred fires, he summoned his wife. ‘Nissa Nissa,’ he said to her, for that was her name, ‘bare your breast, and know that I love you best of all that is in this world.’  She did this thing, why I cannot say, and Azor Ahai thrust the smoking sword through her living heart.

Archived