Do you see any way dany lives through all this?

4 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

Since when is this the moral of this show: Bad people must die?

The mantra here is: Let me shock you to stupor so that you avoid asking stupid questions :(

Since the plot itself killed Joffrey, Cersei, Tywin, Balon, Euron, Ellaria, Olenna, Mountain, Lysa, Littlefinger, Walder Frey, Roose, Ramsay, Stannis and Selyse, Melisandre slavers, Sons of Harpy, countless others.

Moral of the books is not as nihilistic as people believe. Show may be a different animal, but still... 

On 5/13/2019 at 5:09 PM, snow is the man said:

We know she will most likely die however they could have it where she rules kills her enemies and rules. Jon goes north of the wall because he wants to and belongs there. So the threat of another heir is gone. Tyrion will likely be killed and sansa would likely be killed as well. However I think it's possible that dany lives....or at least that dany look alike survive. It wouldn't be satisfying but it could happen. Thoughts.

It would be pretty dark if the show ended with her on the Iron Throne after intentionally murdering thousands of innocents. Not impossible, but I think it's unlikely. They could have Jon or Arya kill her, but part of me wouldn't mind seeing her get taken down with a cup of wine, like Aegon II. I think she will probably get stabbed to death.

2 hours ago, Bael's Bastard said:

It would be pretty dark if the show ended with her on the Iron Throne after intentionally murdering thousands of innocents. Not impossible, but I think it's unlikely. They could have Jon or Arya kill her, but part of me wouldn't mind seeing her get taken down with a cup of wine, like Aegon II. I think she will probably get stabbed to death.

I don't think it could get any darker than having the moral center of the show, the Breaker of Chains, the only leader who is consistently talking about making things better for her subjects, go full Hitler. Once that happens, you might as well go ahead and let her dot the i.

Objectively there's a damn good chance that the lady with the dragon and probably still the strongest army lives. Really she should have the best odds of anyone still standing. Finale should be her issuing her Bend The Knee ultimatum to a yard full of nobles and anyone who gives the wrong answer gets burnt. The remaining 70 minutes or so then just a continuous tracking shot of her making a sandwich, cleaning up afterwards and falling asleep reading a book. 

13 hours ago, Risto said:

Since the plot itself killed Joffrey, Cersei, Tywin, Balon, Euron, Ellaria, Olenna, Mountain, Lysa, Littlefinger, Walder Frey, Roose, Ramsay, Stannis and Selyse, Melisandre slavers, Sons of Harpy, countless others.

Moral of the books is not as nihilistic as people believe. Show may be a different animal, but still... 

It's even more nihilistic than I, who have been saying it was nihilistic since season 6, than I imagined.  Nihilistic and tragic, no bittersweet to be found.  The 'moral' certainly seems to be that people can't change or rise above or change their character or circumstances.  No one  here is getting a happy ending, even the people who aren't dead are broken.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:14 AM, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

I'm not even convinced she loses at all...

I have a sneaky feeling she triumphs while all those that backed the wrong horse go into hiding or die.

It would be a bittersweet ending that's been talked about.. the girl most have backed from the start gets the throne but is no longer who she was, we are right back where it all started with a crazy targ ruling.

Leaves room for a nice future show set sometime in the future with another rebellion.

Your scenario is exhausting.  If Martin wrote it, I would be unable to read it.  Going through all this again with Dany is too much to ask any reader :eek:

1 hour ago, The Red Waste said:

The remaining 70 minutes or so then just a continuous tracking shot of her making a sandwich, cleaning up afterwards and falling asleep reading a book. 

This!  It has to be this!

I could see her sitting on a charred iron throne amid the ashes of her apocalypse.   

1 hour ago, lakin1013 said:

Your scenario is exhausting.  If Martin wrote it, I would be unable to read it.  Going through all this again with Dany is too much to ask any reader :eek:

but you would sure tune in to watch it.....

it begins...

Jon is killed by Dany through fear he will one day claim what is rightfully his

But before he dies he gets Sam's sister pregnant and she dies during childbirth

Sam who had been visiting to pay his respects at Jon's funeral and help his sister through the birth, is made to promise he will keep the baby safe and never let anyone know his true identity, Because if Dany ever found out he was Jon's child and the true heir to the throne she would have him killed.

When he returns to horn hill with the baby he tells Gilly it's his bastard son from a one night stand with some tavern wench, He is raised as Jonathan Snow but as much as she tries to love the boy Gilly is always reminded of Samwell's infidelity when she looks at him.

on Jonathans 18th birthday a very old 3eR(Bran) turns up for the party and reveals to Sam that Jon and Melessa had got married in secret, to avoid Dany every knowing and anticipating them having a child.

Shocked by this Sam realises that Jonathan isn't a bastard at all and has a legitimate claim to the throne... 

and so begins.

A Game of Thrones....2

Kids in 20 years time would lap it up... not only does the show have a great reveal, once they do some digging around in Westerosi history they would see the whole scenario had a striking resemblance to something that had happened 20 years before in Westeros involving Jonathans father Jon :P mind bloooown

2 hours ago, The Red Waste said:

The remaining 70 minutes or so then just a continuous tracking shot of her making a sandwich, cleaning up afterwards and falling asleep reading a book. 

She burnt all the food previously, unless they brought some from Winterfell she's going to have a hard time making a sandwhich =0

1 hour ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

but you would sure tune in to watch it.....

it begins...

Jon is killed by Dany through fear he will one day claim what is rightfully his

But before he dies he gets Sam's sister pregnant and she dies during childbirth

Kids in 20 years time would lap it up... not only does the show have a great reveal, once they do some digging around in Westerosi history they would see the whole scenario had a striking resemblance to something that had happened 20 years before in Westeros involving Jonathans father Jon :P mind bloooown

Wait a minute - I KNOW this story  LOL

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

It's even more nihilistic than I, who have been saying it was nihilistic since season 6, than I imagined.  Nihilistic and tragic, no bittersweet to be found.  The 'moral' certainly seems to be that people can't change or rise above or change their character or circumstances.  No one  here is getting a happy ending, even the people who aren't dead are broken.

Naw, Bran wins.

He's the hero, doncha know! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Remember how very hard George said it was for him to pen the Red Wedding.

If the ending is to be truly entirely awful, that might even give him writer's block.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:14 AM, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

I'm not even convinced she loses at all...

I have a sneaky feeling she triumphs while all those that backed the wrong horse go into hiding or die.

It would be a bittersweet ending that's been talked about.. the girl most have backed from the start gets the throne but is no longer who she was, we are right back where it all started with a crazy targ ruling.

Leaves room for a nice future show set sometime in the future with another rebellion.

That would make more sense then this other garbage I have been hearing is going to happen.

19 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, I would agree with that. Unfortunately, it just leaves a bad taste in our mouth. This is such a travesty, betraying the most basic principles of ASOIAF.

I used to wish for her to leave Westeros and return to rule Slaver's Bay, where she is loved by the freedmen... but after episode 5, I think she has to die...

If she lives and keeps the Iron Throne... well, that sucks... that means that every other character, Jon, Sansa, Arya, Tyrion, Davos... etc., is screwed... she will go Mad Queen on their asses, then she will terrorize the rest of Westeros into abject submission while she brags about how she has freed them from tyrants, completely oblivious to her own tyranny... It would be an awful ending, the only ray of hope being the knowledge that she will be dead before a century, so life may one day return to normal...

10 minutes ago, Ser Lepus said:

I used to wish for her to leave Westeros and return to rule Slaver's Bay, where she is loved by the freedmen... but after episode 5, I think she has to die...

If she lives and keeps the Iron Throne... well, that sucks... that means that every other character, Jon, Sansa, Arya, Tyrion, Davos... etc., is screwed... she will go Mad Queen on their asses, then she will terrorize the rest of Westeros into abject submission while she brags about how she has freed them from tyrants, completely oblivious to her own tyranny... It would be an awful ending, the only ray of light being the knowledge that she will be dead before a century, so life may one day return to normal...

It would still be a better ending than the Iron Throne being awarded to a tree.

The worst part, Dany's struggle against madness and her final defeat could have been an awesome story if they had bothered to, you know, tell it... but we had no clue. Nothing. Zero. Nada.  They just made her snap...

Yeah, she liked to talk shit, but in the end she only ever killed her foes, people who deserved it... the Slavers, the Dothraki Khals... Hell, even the killing of the Tarlys was kinda justified... she was asking the Lannister army to surrender and bend the knee, and they refused in front of the troops, and then they refused the one way out keeping their life and honor, going to the Wall... what was Daenerys supposed to do? If she didn't kill them, nobody would ever take her threats seriously and surrender to her again...

But what happened in episode 5 was awful... she had Cersei in the Red Keep in front of her, but she chose to kill the commoners instead, giving Cersei time enough to escape (she couldn't escape due to her own stupidity, and to Sandor and Euron interference, but she could have escaped alive...).

Daenerys may have been presented as self-centered, self-obsessed, narcissistic, authoritarian... but she was never mad. She was always logical, save that one time she tried to commit suicide by funeral pyre after losing her husband, her son and her future in season 1. She sometimes made bad calls, but she listened to reason. Hell, if she hadn't listened to Tyrion "smart" plans and had followed her own intuition, attacking KL upon arriving to Westeros, much pain would have been avoided...

Again, they could have told an awesome, great, bittersweet story about her struggle against madness, her fight to be a good, rational person. They could have shown her losing it bit by bit... but they chose to go "SURPRISE! LOL!"

Archived