What if it wasn't real? that everything past the bells ringing.....

That everything past when the bell rings was just in her head and it pops back to her being there at some point and she realizes what she was about to do. Then she either burns down the red keep to kill cersei or she accepts the surrender. Usually this would infuriate me to no end. However it would show her start to lose it and make her realize how close she came.... I don't expect this however as an idea what do you think?

They wouldn't waste that much money on what happened this episode, only for a cheap "it was only a dream" moment. I'm not a fan of moments like that at all, and whilst I absolutely hated this episode, I think it being a dream would infuriate me even more. 

I think the whole thing from Bra n could be a dream. and he wakes up from a coma. Ned could still died but instead Stannis takes kings landing and Sans a  is married to a knight. ary a and the hound still are having adventures and jon and ygritte live north. Because the white walkers make a deal with the wildlings . Knight king kills 3eyed raven as wanted so makes peace.

On 5/13/2019 at 4:26 PM, snow is the man said:

That everything past when the bell rings was just in her head and it pops back to her being there at some point and she realizes what she was about to do. Then she either burns down the red keep to kill cersei or she accepts the surrender. Usually this would infuriate me to no end. However it would show her start to lose it and make her realize how close she came.... I don't expect this however as an idea what do you think?

I think that's the only way it could be worse. 

This is unlikely, but take solace in the fact that if the books are ever finished, that it will make this look like a choose your own ending book. 

That said, D&D (I believe) did use this ending because GRRM told them this years ago. They may not have been able to get there in a believable way because it’s a TV show and they decided to go for spectacle over story (which I can’t say I mind). My point is that I think GRRM means to have Dany burn innocent people in King’s Landing in the books as well but it will have a much different story leading up to it and after it. I read that this was his version of “The Scouring Of The Shire”.

I don't think a show has ever done, "it's all a dream" well. Even if the whole show isn't a dream, and just that section, then it just feels like a giant waste of time and a way to "shock" us for the sake of shocking us. D&D are bad writers, but I doubt even they would stoop that low.

22 hours ago, hallam said:

We have already seen this twice in vision sequences.

Danny was never the white savior people projected onto her. Just like most politicians are not what their supporters imagine.

It wasn't "projected" that her story followed an epic hero's arc, or that she freed the slaves of Slaver's Bay.

11 hours ago, Bradam said:

If your going to go that far might as well end it with small child Bran opening his eyes right after his fall from the tower.

Nah, gotta go back to Rhaegar on the day he was going to snub Elia for Lyanna.

5 hours ago, btfu806 said:

I don't think a show has ever done, "it's all a dream" well. Even if the whole show isn't a dream, and just that section, then it just feels like a giant waste of time and a way to "shock" us for the sake of shocking us. D&D are bad writers, but I doubt even they would stoop that low.

So doing something for pure shock value? That doesn't sound like them at all.

I've decided the whole mad queen thing is the same trick they pulled with Arya and Sansa last season (that they hate each other). Dany will be able to justify vengeance on the Lannisters and the Crown Lands for not taking their forces North. This is what happens when you break faith with the Dragon.  Jon may be angry and storm off back to the North but no shitty murder exile plot.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:20 AM, Bradam said:

If your going to go that far might as well end it with small child Bran opening his eyes right after his fall from the tower.

Reading the title, I was going to post that it was all a bad dream that Bran had after seeing his dad behead the Night Watch deserter - apart from prologue and very first chapter of AGOT, nothing is real :p

On 5/13/2019 at 4:26 PM, snow is the man said:

Nah, she's gone to the dark side. I feel like it's all gonna get messy-deathy for Daeny in the finale.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:26 PM, snow is the man said:

I'm amazed that in the process of making one of many unconvincing excuses for the show's shitty writing, you somehow wrote something even worse. Congratulations!

Archived