Starks or not

madhikun

So it seems pretty obvious that either Jon or Arya are going to kill Dany and the Starks will sit on the iron throne at the end. I mean, the whole story is about them, is it not?

Is it bad that from this season I no longer am rooting for the Starks? They just seem like new Lannisters to me. Sansa is manipulative and Arya is as static of a character as ever. I'm not big fans of either of them anymore (I mean I never liked Arya but I loved Sansa.)

Jon Snow is as vanilla a hero could be. How is he any different than Ned Stark? He died like Ned, and hasn't changed from death. He completely lets his sisters run wild even though he's supposed to be the representative of the North. 

At this point I hope Dany takes out as many people as she possibly can before she's offed and I hope like the theories suggest that the WW return and kill everyone else. Good luck with them now without the dragon queen. FIRE AND BLOOD BITCHES!!!!

Fire and blood your ass. I have a simple solution for you. WW return, therefore we need a new NK to rule them all. Jon becomes one (sacrifices himself for the team) and Dany becomes his queen (as this is the only place she deserves). They all move to the north behind the wall and sleep for another 6-8 thousand years.

On the other hand, I always thought that there will be no magic at the end of ASOIAF. Since GOT is supposed to have same ending, this would mean no dragons, no white walkers, no greenseers, etc. But for this to happen, someone has to intervene in some serious way. Maybe Bran is the one, since he was doing nothing in season 8. Maybe Howland Reed would come out from his swamps and kick Brandon in the butt?

8 hours ago, madhikun said:

Arya is as static of a character as ever

Have you seen the same show? Her's is one of the greatest arcs in the show and the Sandor/Arya scene in E5 was probably another important turning point for Arya.

It's a shame Jon wasn't written with more outward emotion.  I think Kit does a fine job when they actually let him express himself in character.  Like him and Sansa the night before battle of the bastards.  There is some chance of a really emotional dialogue between the two of them that will decide whether or not they will now be enemies.

6 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Have you seen the same show? Her's is one of the greatest arcs in the show and the Sandor/Arya scene in E5 was probably another important turning point for Arya.

Please tell me when and where Arya has ever been anything other than "Starks or Bust". Multiple people have taken care of her on her journey and she screws them over for her family. Tell me how that isn't all that the Lannisters are. The only development for her has been her fighting skills. She is still naive, she is still selfish, and she has not ventured from that. 

Yeah this last episode she decided not to kill Cersei, which is a total 180 from her entire being. She has always been on about her list, she traveled to King's Landing from Winterfell for this one kill and both her and Sandor stated when they started they had no intention of returning. So for her to change here at this final moment is just another plot armor device. 

7 hours ago, TheSmallOther said:

Fire and blood your ass. I have a simple solution for you. WW return, therefore we need a new NK to rule them all. Jon becomes one (sacrifices himself for the team) and Dany becomes his queen (as this is the only place she deserves). They all move to the north behind the wall and sleep for another 6-8 thousand years.

On the other hand, I always thought that there will be no magic at the end of ASOIAF. Since GOT is supposed to have same ending, this would mean no dragons, no white walkers, no greenseers, etc. But for this to happen, someone has to intervene in some serious way. Maybe Bran is the one, since he was doing nothing in season 8. Maybe Howland Reed would come out from his swamps and kick Brandon in the butt?

Ahaha wow there's still a crackpot theorist here. 

6 minutes ago, madhikun said:

Please tell me when and where Arya has ever been anything other than "Starks or Bust".

She starts as sweet tomboy in a protected noble environment and lives through a lot of hardship which makes her tougher and self-preserving. Yes, she stay a Stark all the time. Nothing bad about that. She becomes a skilled killer and uses her skills for revenge and survival. Nothing bad about that. She was always smart and pragmatic and grows up to be a young independent woman. 

8 minutes ago, madhikun said:

She is still naive

She never was naive. You mistake her for Sansa. Have you really seen the show? Sansa.. .Arya... two sisters?!

8 minutes ago, madhikun said:

she is still selfish,

She tried to survive but was never selfish. Revenging her family is not a selfish motivation.

9 minutes ago, madhikun said:

and she has not ventured from that

She fought in the Great war, valiantly, and even killed the Nightking. 

10 minutes ago, madhikun said:

this last episode she decided not to kill Cersei, which is a total 180 from her entire being.

She removed people from her list before.

The Sandor/Arya scene was one of the best of the entire series, and yes, it was a turning point for her character to leave the path of bitterness and revenge and wasting a life for such notions. She understood that she should not further follow on the path The Hound had taken.

11 minutes ago, madhikun said:

So for her to change here at this final moment is just another plot armor device. 

I cannot hear this plot armor babble anymore. The Sandor/Arya scene was great and well done. Nice lines, well written, well performed, well executed.

5 hours ago, Winter prince said:

It's a shame Jon wasn't written with more outward emotion.  I think Kit does a fine job when they actually let him express himself in character.  Like him and Sansa the night before battle of the bastards.  There is some chance of a really emotional dialogue between the two of them that will decide whether or not they will now be enemies.

Good dialog/writing is as rare as hen’s teeth on this show. It has its moments but they are rare. That’s the problem with it. It is a tv show adapted from a very well written book. The books set the bar very high by GRRM. Higher than D&D can ever hope to match. 

Archived