The voice calling from the flames...

greel

When Dany executed Varys, I would have loved if we got to hear the same voice Varys originally heard in the flames when his removed parts were thrown in the fire by the sorcerer.  Do you think it was Bran speaking to him all those years ago?  Wish it would have been revealed.

15 hours ago, greel said:

I would have loved if we got to hear the same voice Varys originally heard in the flames when his removed parts were thrown in the fire by the sorcerer.

Yeah, great idea. They could have done this. 

15 hours ago, greel said:

Do you think it was Bran speaking to him all those years ago?

No, not at all. 

I guess we will never found out.  But D&D obviously forgot about all that.  The same way they forgot Varys hates magic, and yet supported the dragon queen for a while.  Or that Jaime didn't strangle his cousin.  Or that Gendry is a Waters not a Rivers.  Just eff this.  I'm sick of these two millionaires.

3 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I guess we will never found out.  But D&D obviously forgot about all that.  The same way they forgot Varys hates magic, and yet supported the dragon queen for a while.  Or that Jaime didn't strangle his cousin.  Or that Gendry is a Waters not a Rivers.  Just eff this.  I'm sick of these two millionaires.

I forgot what I meant to post about forgetting etc. :D

Anyway, Varys was one of the original conspirators to put Viserys on the IT and the changed to Dany as she started seeming like the better bet, so that incosistency is on GRRM.

Also Gendry was nor Rivers or Waters as he was not an acknowledged bastard. I guess Dany forgot that part. He was just plain Gendry until catapulting into a Lord of one of the main regions because nobody know who rules the Storm's End :) Do you think D&D could have gotten the thing more wrong if they tried? :D

12 minutes ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

I forgot what I meant to post about forgetting etc. :D

Anyway, Varys was one of the original conspirators to put Viserys on the IT and the changed to Dany as she started seeming like the better bet, so that incosistency is on GRRM.

Also Gendry was nor Rivers or Waters as he was not an acknowledged bastard. I guess Dany forgot that part. He was just plain Gendry until catapulting into a Lord of one of the main regions because nobody know who rules the Storm's End :) Do you think D&D could have gotten the thing more wrong if they tried? :D

Well in the books he could have become a Rivers since he was knighted in the Riverlands and he lives there at the end of the last book, but on the show there's absolutely no reason to call him Rivers.

As for Varys we have no indication Illyrio and him wanted to put Viserys on the throne.  You could easily assume they sent Viserys and Dany away to get rid of them.  But even if I agree with what you said (I don't), there were no dragons at that point.

4 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Danny forgets a whole fleet, while at war :D

Funny thing is though, they mentioned that aspect twice in the series. Season 3 and season 6. I thought, since they reintroduced that idea in Season 6, they will definitively tell us. They made it seem relevant. But they "kinda forgot about that", I guess.

Archived