Other endings for Dany

I would like to hear from those who did not like the direction Dany’s character took in this last episode, as I am curious to know how you would have liked or expected it to have gone instead. How did you envision her ending in this story? Did you think she would eventually become the mad queen but are unsatisfied by the inadequate/rushed build up to her descent? Or were you expecting it to turn out entirely differently?

Personally, I thought she would teeter dangerously on the brink of madness or evilness or whatever you want to call it, before remembering her values of compassion and justice, return to her true inner good self... and then sacrifice herself to save Jon or some other people/person.

Needless to say, that didn’t happen. However, I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the direction her character did take (even if did feel rather rushed). It was truly tragic, and I am ultimately glad my prediction was wrong.

I don't know why, but my random theory of how the show would end was Daenerys and Jon having a child, and as the very last scene in the show, we see someone, maybe Tyrion, walking in on the child killing a cat or some kind of animal, like Joffrey did when he was younger, showing that the child might end up as another Mad King Aerys, or Maegor the Cruel. 

As far as Daenerys is concerned, I thought that we might see hints of Targaryen madness, but ultimately it would be left up to the viewers interpretation if Daenerys will end up mad or not. Maybe have some little hints like Daenerys getting cut by the Iron Throne or something. 

12 hours ago, a girl knows nothing said:

Personally, I thought she would teeter dangerously on the brink of madness or evilness or whatever you want to call it, before remembering her values of compassion and justice, return to her true inner good self... and then sacrifice herself to save Jon or some other people/person.

Is it too late for that though?

As long as she herself comes to reason, and realizes how horrible some of her actions have been (and not just in the last episode BTW, there have been other more minor transgressions earlier on.) Then the ending you are describing could still happen. 

Not sure it will though. I am more inclined to think Daenerys will die showing the same kind of crazy determination we have seen her succumb to this final season.

45 minutes ago, Lord Buckethead said:

Is it too late for that though?

As long as she herself comes to reason, and realizes how horrible some of her actions have been (and not just in the last episode BTW, there have been other more minor transgressions earlier on.) Then the ending you are describing could still happen. 

Not sure it will though. I am more inclined to think Daenerys will die showing the same kind of crazy determination we have seen her succumb to this final season.

While she could realize that her recent and past actions were horrible, I'm not sure what redemption is available for her at this point. I always thought she would sacrifice herself to save someone, but what threat is left for her to sacrifice herself to prevent? I guess she could kill herself since she seems to be the biggest threat now?

I don’t have a problem with really anything done with Daenerys or any other character. My biggest problem is the rush to get it all over. I would rather have 500% less special effects if we could get 500% better dialogue and explanations for why these things are happening. More episodes, more depth. Hint about the slow burn of discovering what the seed is strong meant. Or the season long build up of the Viper. Or spending so much time in Dorne. (There are literally dozens more examples.) Now fast forward to the last two seasons and the hurried explanations we get for Jon’s identity, his romance with Daenerys, the White Walker extinction, Dany’s turn to the dark side, Jaime and Brienne. (Again, I could go on and on.) I think all of the things we have seen that seem out of character or out of place are just because they never even tried to develop these stories. They just rushed through them.

Archived