Qyburn's Death

HotPie85

32 minutes ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

Yet another break in the Willing Suspension of Disbelief. The Qyborg is treated as Qyburn's undead slave... until, for no reason, he flips out on his creator, with no warning.

I suppose it'd have killed them to do some sodding build-up. 

I think D&D set out this season thinking 'Can we write an emmy award winning show with scripts entirely created through anal extraction?'

And knowing the emmies they'll be correct. They got best screenplay for writing that Smalljon Umber likes Jon's balls.

3 hours ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I think D&D set out this season thinking 'Can we write an emmy award winning show with scripts entirely created through anal extraction?'

And knowing the emmies they'll be correct. They got best screenplay for writing that Smalljon Umber likes Jon's balls.

Got will win every single award. Just wait. Oscars and Emmies are now jokes. They don't mean anything. 

I thought it was perfect because Qyburn is the flunky who thinks he is utterly essential who is discarded without a thought when no longer useful. Cersei clearly doesn't care about the man's death, only herself.

The Qyborg is programmed to 'kill Tomen's (i.e. Cersei's) enemies'. He is not programmed to protect Cersei and certainly not Qyburn. When Qyburn gets in the way of killing Sandor, he is killed without a thought because he is getting in the way of the programming.

27 minutes ago, hallam said:

He is not programmed to protect Cersei and certainly not Qyburn. When Qyburn gets in the way of killing Sandor, he is killed without a thought because he is getting in the way of the programming.

But he does lean over Cersei and let some of the huge chunks of the Red Keep fall on his back.  That was definitely to protect her, and he had not spotted Sandor yet.

2 hours ago, House Rootbreaker said:

But he does lean over Cersei and let some of the huge chunks of the Red Keep fall on his back.  That was definitely to protect her, and he had not spotted Sandor yet.

The chunks of rock were threats to be eliminated. He eliminated them. 

There was no conflict there between his programming and Qyburn's objective.

Archived