Theory: Varys slow poisoned Daenerys

alienarea

The exchange with the girl raises a possibility that Varys slow poisoned Daenerys before getting executed.

Episode 6: Daenerys dies after burning KL, touching the IT with her last breath. Enter Jon.

Jon and Drogon fly her off on Bran's suggestion. Daenerys gets revived to become the Night Queen. Jon, still loving her, slowly turns into the new Night King.

Turns out the Night King was created by the 3ER all along to exterminate humans. Previous version was abandoned by 3ER at Winterfell because he needed to turn Daenerys first. Now the next round begins.

4 hours ago, alienarea said:

The exchange with the girl raises a possibility that Varys slow poisoned Daenerys before getting executed.

Episode 6: Daenerys dies after burning KL, touching the IT with her last breath. Enter Jon.

Jon and Drogon fly her off on Bran's suggestion. Daenerys gets revived to become the Night Queen. Jon, still loving her, slowly turns into the new Night King.

Turns out the Night King was created by the 3ER all along to exterminate humans. Previous version was abandoned by 3ER at Winterfell because he needed to turn Daenerys first. Now the next round begins.

You had me there for a moment but I'm not sure I'm sold on the second half of this theory

What if he had been poisoning her the whole time since he's been in her company, he is never not by her side.

What if the poison wasn't killing her but causing all the paranoia,twisting her thoughts and ultimately bringing her dark side out.

What would be his reason for this? He truly believes Jon to be the greater ruler to serve the realm.. 

Or the serving the realm stuff is total hogwash and he wants to see westerns in ashes.. he has been trying to play all previous rulers but Dany was the one he got closest too that also had the potential for total destruction.

His plan nearly worked with her father he had been poisoning him for a long time and had it not been for robs rebellion and Jaime he would have succeeded.

He had been poisoning robs drinks but before his total paranoia could kick in he went and got himself killed by the boar.

The red priestess served the lord of light... Varys served the lord of darkness.....lol

7 hours ago, alienarea said:

I have no doubt he tried. We will find out if he succeeds even after his death.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yes sure. Then Martha can build the Democratic Republic of Westeros. 

Might as well at this point, maybe Bernadette (Cersei's handmaiden apparently in seasons 1-7, aprrently) can help her if she made it out of KL in time.

5 hours ago, Aedam Targaryen said:

I think Varys was wanted to poison her, but if she isn’t eating the food, she isn’t eating the poison either. 

I didn't understand this conversation with the girl when it first aired, but looking back on it, it makes a lot more sense that he may have been trying to poison her.

3 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Why did he leave his rings behind? To die as a common-folk rather than “lord”?

Leaving the rings behind was to symbolize that Varys knew that they were coming to execute him.

4 hours ago, btfu806 said:

I didn't understand this conversation with the girl when it first aired, but looking back on it, it makes a lot more sense that he may have been trying to poison her.

Well, trying to slip her something wicked, that's for sure. All it would take is something to make her a little more emotional and a little less stable. Then she'd lose her temper in a really bad way (as she has just done) for all the world to see how unfit she is. And no one would ever blame that on anyone but her. Varys would never be suspected.

Varys via Martha could simply have used the same poison on Dany as Jaqen H’ghar had used on the dog that went all crazy-violent and killed Weese at Arya's request. That would have been plenty.

Or maybe it was some delayed but relatively mild hallucinogen that made you paranoid as well. Think of the voices in her head in the synopsis part before the start of the episode when Missandei bit it.

We really don't know, and it's quite possibly we never will. But just as the Red Viper's subtle venom (widow's blood) survived its owner's own death to strike back at Tywin as if from the grave, so too may the Spider's venom have done the same thing, what with vipers and spiders both being sneaky and venomous and all that jazz. 

We don't know that Martha failed. It sure looked like Dany had been convinced to eat eventually. Martha may not have failed.

Archived