Game: You are Littlefinger, what do you do?

Tygett Lannister

Let say you are Littlefinger in the situation that is latest known to us.
You have this information or will have fairly soon:
- Stannis victory over Wildings in the North.
- Ironborn invasion of Shield Islands.
- Aegons invasion of Stormlands.
- Situation in Kingslanding (Kevans death, Mace new Regent, Faith trials...).
- Death of Lord Commander Jon Snow.
- Daenerys is in Dothratki sea (Penny being LF agent).
You have strong presence in Kingslanding from setting up men loyal to you in time of your service as master of coin and the Kettlebacks, also you are probably the richest man in Westeros since you robbed the crown of money (believe me Robert didn't spend 6 milion on tournaments).
You are currently organising a tournament to get 8 Guards for Robin Arryn. Since you can rig the match ups which would you pick to win their places in the Guard. They would potentially be your wards (hostages). You have kidnapped Tyrek Lannister in riots of KL and hold him hidden there.  There is a question of what to do with Alayne/Sansa. You could have her marry Harry the Heir as Sansa Stark and have Robin poisoned with overdose. Vale can then try to take North for Sansa, but winter is coming. You can have Alayne legitimised (ask Tommen or crown Robin King) and marry Harry the Heir to Alayne (if legitimised she is heir to Riverlands as LF is de jure Lord of Riverlands so marriage is definitely possible). Of course there is option of marrying Sansa yourself, anyhow you reveal Sansa you become the enemy of the Tommens rule.

Try to stay in what you believe to be Littlefingers character.

Too many people underestimate Littlefinger.  That is mostly true for Sansa;s fans.  Don't you think Littlefinger knows her better than you all do?  He does.  He will use her to get something he wants and then he will dispose of her like he did with Dontos.  He's doing what he can based on what he thinks is happening.  Speculating that the winter will cause food shortage and he wants to have enough food to use against the other kingdoms.  He will need to get rid of any extra mouths to have to feed.  A war among the families in the Eyrie might not be a bad thing.  Too many consumers is the enemy of long-term survival when food is scarce. 

2 hours ago, 867-5309 said:

He will use her to get something he wants and then he will dispose of her like he did with Dontos.

I always assumed his long term goal is actually to marry Sansa himself. Either that or he sees her as his daughter. He went to great trouble to get her out, and not just because she's a good game piece. He's obviously always been infatuated by Catelyn and Sansa has her looks. Plus, now he's had some time and will continue to instill his mind in her. 

Anyway, on to the OP, I think you continue to wait. Time is Littlefinger's friend right now. The longer he acts as regent and gets the lords of the Vale used to him, the more power he can actually wield. I have my doubts that Harry the Heir is actually Littlefinger's end plan anyway. If I'm Littlefinger, I prefer acting as regent to Sweetrobin as long as possible. I've got Sansa who knows how to deal with him and meanwhile I can do as I please.

As for the tournament, Mychel Redfort seems like he'll be one. He's mentioned as being one of the best young swords of the Vale. Plus, he has connections to two houses (Royce by marriage) of the Lords Declarant. I think I'd use at least some of the 8 places to have some kind of lever with those houses that oppose me, especially those associated with the Lords Declarant. One of the Waynwoods would also be a good choice, Donnel is the current Knight of the Gate so he's probably got some chops, but I think I'd want Wallace because he seems a lot sweeter and more tractable. Obviously, you can only rig things so much tho. The 8 winners are still going to be among the best dozen or so knights.

6 hours ago, Syl of Syl said:

I always assumed his long term goal is actually to marry Sansa himself. Either that or he sees her as his daughter. He went to great trouble to get her out, and not just because she's a good game piece. He's obviously always been infatuated by Catelyn and Sansa has her looks. Plus, now he's had some time and will continue to instill his mind in her. 

It is definetly a question if he likes Sansa enough to throw his game or not. He probably new or even helped with the Red Wedding where Caitlyn is killed. And he might not even be into younger women. 

Thanks for your input on the game. 

15 hours ago, Tygett Lannister said:

Try to stay in what you believe to be Littlefingers character.

Petyr Baelish is the best entrepreneur in Westeros.  He's right up there with Illyrio Mopatis and Hizdahr zo Loraq in business skills.  He's speculating on the price of grain.  Winter will cause the price of grain to rise.  Famine makes people desperate though and it is critical for him to have the ability to protect his grain from being taken by force.  Those who cannot pay will have to borrow.  He's using economics to gain power like he has always done.  He didn't reveal all of his plans to Allayne.  He doesn't want to serve a queen.  He wants to rule the kingdom.  Allayne cannot give him that.  She is just one step on his ladder to the top.  Look at his history for proof.  The Lannisters gave him status and the lordship of Harrenhal.  Those are high honors.  Anybody else would have been content.  But not Petyr.  Oh no, he wants to reach the top.  Marrying Sansa to Harry will bring her a little power but it is not even close to what he needs to take the throne.  It puts her higher up on the ladder but that won't bring him closer to the throne.  She's just another step in his ladder and I will bet she's not the top step on that ladder. 

15 hours ago, Tygett Lannister said:

Let say you are Littlefinger in the situation that is latest known to us.
You have this information or will have fairly soon:
- Stannis victory over Wildings in the North.
- Ironborn invasion of Shield Islands.
- Aegons invasion of Stormlands.
- Situation in Kingslanding (Kevans death, Mace new Regent, Faith trials...).
- Death of Lord Commander Jon Snow.
- Daenerys is in Dothratki sea (Penny being LF agent).

Petyr thrives on disorder.  All of these things help him because they weaken the establishment and he is anti-establishment.  He has to destroy the High Lords in order to have a shot at the throne.  Jon's death doesn't affect him because everybody knows it's a crime for the NW to interfere.  No commander has ever broken that sacred law.  Daenerys announced her intentions to stay and rule Meereen.  She disappeared on the back of her dragon.  Petyr is not affected.  She might even make a good ally if he needs to take down a stubborn high lord in the future.  "Your Grace, I destroyed the stags and their dogs.  I did you a favor.  How about we finish off the squids and the wolves."

1 hour ago, Allardyce said:

Petyr thrives on disorder.

Right up until the time for that is done.

When the time for healing and rebuilding has come, that's when Littlefinger abandons chaos and chooses one of the pretenders to the crown, brings the Vale in on their side, and decides the fate of Westeros.   The trick is to be the tipping point.   For that, you must ensure the remaining armies are evenly matched.  Sabotage some of them if necessary.  So that all parties know the Vale will cast the deciding vote.  So they all start making bigger and bigger offers in a bidding war.   

That's how I see a queen sansa sitch developing.   She controls the Arryn, the North will come back into the fold once Lann is deposed and they have a Wolf waving to them from KL, the Riverlands will cheer for a Tully daughter and will have seen Vale forces smashing Freytown with Pete legitimately raging at what befell Catelyn.  If the south is divided evenly between two competitors, adding all of this to one of them tips the scales.   Harry the Heir is a benippled breastplate.    Arianne Martell is the Mean Girls blonde who ended up with the caste on her neck.   This Pete thing is going back to the capital, not to winterfell.

• 5 months later...
On 14. Mai 2019 at 1:36 PM, 867-5309 said:

Too many people underestimate Littlefinger.  That is mostly true for Sansa;s fans.  Don't you think Littlefinger knows her better than you all do?  He does.  He will use her to get something he wants and then he will dispose of her like he did with Dontos.  He's doing what he can based on what he thinks is happening.  Speculating that the winter will cause food shortage and he wants to have enough food to use against the other kingdoms.  He will need to get rid of any extra mouths to have to feed.  A war among the families in the Eyrie might not be a bad thing.  Too many consumers is the enemy of long-term survival when food is scarce. 

Okay, but how does he know her so well? What do you think he knows about her, that he can use against her? The thing about Sansa is, that she has her armor of courtesy and obedience, but she can hide her true feelings behind that. Till now I haven't seen him trying to figure out, what really goes on in her head and heart. He just tells her what to do and she does it obediently.

I always thought LF was one of the greatest villains of asoiaf. But since he started molesting Sansa, I lost all respect I had for him as a villain. This not how to gain her trust. Now she mistrusts him and she feels threatened by him and guarded around him.

Right now she is utterly depended on him, but there will come a time, when he will depend on her loyalty to him (when he uses her for her Name). And rn she feels threatened by him and would run away if she had somewhere else to go.

“May I come into your castle, my lady?” Sansa was wary. “Don’t break it. Be …” “… gentle?” He smiled. ASOS Sansa

His face grew serious. “Yes, I played you false in that … and in one other thing as well.” Sansa’s stomach was aflutter. “What other thing?” “I told you that nothing could please me more than to help you with your castle. I fear that was a lie as well. Something else would please me more.” He stepped closer. “This.” Sansa tried to step back, but he pulled her into his arms and suddenly he was kissing her. Feebly, she tried to squirm, but only succeeded in pressing herself more tightly against him. His mouth was on hers, swallowing her words. He tasted of mint. For half a heartbeat she yielded to his kiss … before she turned her face away and wrenched free. “What are you doing?” Petyr straightened his cloak. “Kissing a snow maid.” “You’re supposed to kiss her.” Sansa glanced up at Lysa’s balcony, but it was empty now. “Your lady wife.” “I do. Lysa has no cause for complaint.” He smiled. “I wish you could see yourself, my lady. You are so beautiful. You’re crusted over with snow like some little bear cub, but your face is flushed and you can scarcely breathe. How long have you been out here? You must be very cold. Let me warm you, Sansa. Take off those gloves, give me your hands.” “I won’t.” He sounded almost like Marillion, the night he’d gotten so drunk at the wedding. Only this time Lothor Brune would not appear to save her; Ser Lothor was Petyr’s man. “You shouldn’t kiss me. I might have been your own daughter …” “Might have been,” he admitted, with a rueful smile. “But you’re not, are you? You are Eddard Stark’s daughter, and Cat’s. But I think you might be even more beautiful than your mother was, when she was your age.” “Petyr, please.” Her voice sounded so weak. “Please …” (This is so hard to read, she is begging him to stop and he still doesn't stop harassing her) ASOS Sansa

He is serving me lies as well, Sansa realized. AFFC Sansa 1

The things her aunt had said just before she fell still troubled Sansa greatly. AFFC Sansa 1

He saved Alayne, his daughter, a voice within her whispered. But she was Sansa too … and sometimes it seemed to her that the Lord Protector was two people as well. He was Petyr, her protector, warm and funny and gentle … but he was also Littlefinger, the lord she’d known at King’s Landing, smiling slyly and stroking his beard as he whispered in Queen Cersei’s ear. And Littlefinger was no friend of hers. When Joff had her beaten, the Imp defended her, not Littlefinger. When the mob sought to rape her, the Hound carried her to safety, not Littlefinger. When the Lannisters wed her to Tyrion against her will, Ser Garlan the Gallant gave her comfort, not Littlefinger. Littlefinger never lifted so much as his little finger for her. Except to get me out. He did that for me. I thought it was Ser Dontos, my poor old drunken Florian, but it was Petyr all the while. Littlefinger was only a mask he had to wear. Only sometimes Sansa found it hard to tell where the man ended and the mask began. Littlefinger and Lord Petyr looked so very much alike. She would have fled them both, perhaps, but there was nowhere for her to go. Winterfell was burned and desolate, Bran and Rickon dead and cold. Robb had been betrayed and murdered at the Twins, along with their lady mother. Tyrion had been put to death for killing Joffrey, and if she ever returned to King’s Landing the queen would have her head as well. The aunt she’d hoped would keep her safe had tried to murder her instead. Her uncle Edmure was a captive of the Freys, while her great-uncle the Blackfish was under siege at Riverrun. I have no place but here, Sansa thought miserably, and no true friend but Petyr. AFFC Sansa 1

“Father,” Alayne asked when he was gone, “will you have a bowl of porridge to break your fast?” “I despise porridge.” He looked at her with Littlefinger’s eyes. “I’d sooner break my fast with a kiss.” A true daughter would not refuse her sire a kiss, so Alayne went to him and kissed him, a quick dry peck upon the cheek, and just as quickly stepped away. “How … dutiful.” Littlefinger smiled with his mouth, but not his eyes. AFFC Alayne 1

The Lord of Runestone stood as tall as the Hound.(...). He will know me. How could he not? She considered throwing herself at his feet to beg for his protection. He never fought for Robb, why should he fight for me? The war is finished and Winterfell is fallen. AFFC  Alayne 1

If his goal is to ultimately marry her himself, he shouldn't have started to molest her the first opportunity, he got. All while forcing her to be his daughter "in her heart". This would feel extremely creepy, predatory and wrong to any girl. 

He should've gained her trust first, be her protector and best friend, someone, who is always there for her. She would have needed that so badly- it would have been so easy. 

Then, when she really trusted him, maybe after a year or so, he could have started the grooming. Sansa, with her good heart, could have been manipulated way easier by then. She would have felt guilty and torn more easily and would have had a bad conscience more easily, maybe she would have felt like she owed him or just wouldn't wanted to lose him as her only protector and confidant. Or maybe she even could have fallen in love with him, who know?

But the way he went about it, makes all those things now utterly impossible. 

Whatever he has planed it must be in his best interest, that Sansa trusts him. So I just don't understand, how he could be so stupid to start kissing her very clearly against her will. 

This is a man, who over years had a sexual and fake romantic relationship with a woman, he didn't find attractive and had no problem killing of the first opportunity he got and now he can't control himself, when it comes to kissing Sansa, really?

Or does he actually think he could "seduce" Sansa, the way he did with Lysa? If he really thinks that, he is even more stupid, than I thought he was.

Imo he needs Sansa's trust in every possible plan, so if he hasn't planed something so cunning and clever, where molesting her would be the special ingredient to make said plan work, he has just lost all of my respect as a villain and I think he is just STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Maybe priority #1 is he doesn't want to be relegated to the friend zone again like how Cat did him.  So he thinks he can't afford to wait those months it would take to earn Sansa's trust and affection, because by then it would have solidified into the kind of affection a daughter has for a father.  He feels it's better to keep her off balance, prevent her from settling into that fatherly view of him.  By.... keeping up the creeping.   It's his achilles weakness?  Everyone thinks so.  Though Sansa wonders if he's really grown weak, or if the littlefinger side of him might yet murder her as easily as Lyssa.   

Alayne is Pete's risky multitasking project.  Like how Hitler opened up a second front Petyr has opened up a two-faced persona with someone openly, inviting her behind the green curtain to see his true nature.  Grooming her for social climbing and at the same time grooming her for personal consumption.    It is odd.    The kind of juggling challenge you'd only take on if you were a pro juggler who lives the circus lifestyle and is bored with regular challenges.   Is he offering her his best try at love (because he's so warped that real love isn't something he can offer.   The born manipulator brings that home with him, can't sepatate his private family life from how he'd treat peole like pawns at court.)

On 5/14/2019 at 4:36 AM, 867-5309 said:

Don't you think Littlefinger knows her better than you all do?

No, I don't believe Petyr knows Sansa better than the reader, who has the benefit of her PoV chapters, particularly given how it has been implied more than once that his obsession with Catelyn blinds him.

4 minutes ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

No, I don't believe Petyr knows Sansa better than the reader, who has the benefit of her PoV chapters, particularly given how it has been implied more than once that his obsession with Catelyn blinds him.

Exactly, I don't think he is participially smart in the way he's treating her. If sansa were to get a way out, she would take it and that's not good for LF. So I really don't know what he is doing

8 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Exactly, I don't think he is participially smart in the way he's treating her. If sansa were to get a way out, she would take it and that's not good for LF. So I really don't know what he is doing

Agreed!

That is not to say that he doesn't have some manner of contingency should things not go his way, mind, but he most certainly will not be multiple steps ahead of her or anticipate her every move, as some people seem to believe.

18 hours ago, nyser1 said:

As of where we are in the story right now, I do not think he has made any mortal errors. However, his role with Joffrey could certainly come back to bite.

I think Petyr's big error is going to come because of Sansa.  And she'll manage to one-up him and prove she's no longer just a piece, but a player.  I think it'll probably tie into him messing with his allies own desires, which Littlefinger's normally too smart to do.  

He's working hard to push her on harry, but at the same time can't keep his eyes off her.  Not smart, Petryr.  Not smart.  You can't have your cake and let your friend eat it too.

5 hours ago, argonak said:

I think Petyr's big error is going to come because of Sansa.  And she'll manage to one-up him and prove she's no longer just a piece, but a player.  I think it'll probably tie into him messing with his allies own desires, which Littlefinger's normally too smart to do.  

He's working hard to push her on harry, but at the same time can't keep his eyes off her.  Not smart, Petryr.  Not smart.  You can't have your cake and let your friend eat it too.

Petyr knows better than to trust ANYONE, he has played that way his whole adulthood (that we know of). His mistake is not thinking rationally with her.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:27 PM, Nagini's Neville said:

Okay, but how does he know her so well? What do you think he knows about her, that he can use against her? The thing about Sansa is, that she has her armor of courtesy and obedience, but she can hide her true feelings behind that. Till now I haven't seen him trying to figure out, what really goes on in her head and heart. He just tells her what to do and she does it obediently.

I always thought LF was one of the greatest villains of asoiaf. But since he started molesting Sansa, I lost all respect I had for him as a villain. This not how to gain her trust. Now she mistrusts him and she feels threatened by him and guarded around him.

Right now she is utterly depended on him, but there will come a time, when he will depend on her loyalty to him (when he uses her for her Name). And rn she feels threatened by him and would run away if she had somewhere else to go.

“May I come into your castle, my lady?” Sansa was wary. “Don’t break it. Be …” “… gentle?” He smiled. ASOS Sansa

His face grew serious. “Yes, I played you false in that … and in one other thing as well.” Sansa’s stomach was aflutter. “What other thing?” “I told you that nothing could please me more than to help you with your castle. I fear that was a lie as well. Something else would please me more.” He stepped closer. “This.” Sansa tried to step back, but he pulled her into his arms and suddenly he was kissing her. Feebly, she tried to squirm, but only succeeded in pressing herself more tightly against him. His mouth was on hers, swallowing her words. He tasted of mint. For half a heartbeat she yielded to his kiss … before she turned her face away and wrenched free. “What are you doing?” Petyr straightened his cloak. “Kissing a snow maid.” “You’re supposed to kiss her.” Sansa glanced up at Lysa’s balcony, but it was empty now. “Your lady wife.” “I do. Lysa has no cause for complaint.” He smiled. “I wish you could see yourself, my lady. You are so beautiful. You’re crusted over with snow like some little bear cub, but your face is flushed and you can scarcely breathe. How long have you been out here? You must be very cold. Let me warm you, Sansa. Take off those gloves, give me your hands.” “I won’t.” He sounded almost like Marillion, the night he’d gotten so drunk at the wedding. Only this time Lothor Brune would not appear to save her; Ser Lothor was Petyr’s man. “You shouldn’t kiss me. I might have been your own daughter …” “Might have been,” he admitted, with a rueful smile. “But you’re not, are you? You are Eddard Stark’s daughter, and Cat’s. But I think you might be even more beautiful than your mother was, when she was your age.” “Petyr, please.” Her voice sounded so weak. “Please …” (This is so hard to read, she is begging him to stop and he still doesn't stop harassing her) ASOS Sansa

He is serving me lies as well, Sansa realized. AFFC Sansa 1

The things her aunt had said just before she fell still troubled Sansa greatly. AFFC Sansa 1

He saved Alayne, his daughter, a voice within her whispered. But she was Sansa too … and sometimes it seemed to her that the Lord Protector was two people as well. He was Petyr, her protector, warm and funny and gentle … but he was also Littlefinger, the lord she’d known at King’s Landing, smiling slyly and stroking his beard as he whispered in Queen Cersei’s ear. And Littlefinger was no friend of hers. When Joff had her beaten, the Imp defended her, not Littlefinger. When the mob sought to rape her, the Hound carried her to safety, not Littlefinger. When the Lannisters wed her to Tyrion against her will, Ser Garlan the Gallant gave her comfort, not Littlefinger. Littlefinger never lifted so much as his little finger for her. Except to get me out. He did that for me. I thought it was Ser Dontos, my poor old drunken Florian, but it was Petyr all the while. Littlefinger was only a mask he had to wear. Only sometimes Sansa found it hard to tell where the man ended and the mask began. Littlefinger and Lord Petyr looked so very much alike. She would have fled them both, perhaps, but there was nowhere for her to go. Winterfell was burned and desolate, Bran and Rickon dead and cold. Robb had been betrayed and murdered at the Twins, along with their lady mother. Tyrion had been put to death for killing Joffrey, and if she ever returned to King’s Landing the queen would have her head as well. The aunt she’d hoped would keep her safe had tried to murder her instead. Her uncle Edmure was a captive of the Freys, while her great-uncle the Blackfish was under siege at Riverrun. I have no place but here, Sansa thought miserably, and no true friend but Petyr. AFFC Sansa 1

“Father,” Alayne asked when he was gone, “will you have a bowl of porridge to break your fast?” “I despise porridge.” He looked at her with Littlefinger’s eyes. “I’d sooner break my fast with a kiss.” A true daughter would not refuse her sire a kiss, so Alayne went to him and kissed him, a quick dry peck upon the cheek, and just as quickly stepped away. “How … dutiful.” Littlefinger smiled with his mouth, but not his eyes. AFFC Alayne 1

The Lord of Runestone stood as tall as the Hound.(...). He will know me. How could he not? She considered throwing herself at his feet to beg for his protection. He never fought for Robb, why should he fight for me? The war is finished and Winterfell is fallen. AFFC  Alayne 1

If his goal is to ultimately marry her himself, he shouldn't have started to molest her the first opportunity, he got. All while forcing her to be his daughter "in her heart". This would feel extremely creepy, predatory and wrong to any girl. 

He should've gained her trust first, be her protector and best friend, someone, who is always there for her. She would have needed that so badly- it would have been so easy. 

Then, when she really trusted him, maybe after a year or so, he could have started the grooming. Sansa, with her good heart, could have been manipulated way easier by then. She would have felt guilty and torn more easily and would have had a bad conscience more easily, maybe she would have felt like she owed him or just wouldn't wanted to lose him as her only protector and confidant. Or maybe she even could have fallen in love with him, who know?

But the way he went about it, makes all those things now utterly impossible. 

Whatever he has planed it must be in his best interest, that Sansa trusts him. So I just don't understand, how he could be so stupid to start kissing her very clearly against her will. 

This is a man, who over years had a sexual and fake romantic relationship with a woman, he didn't find attractive and had no problem killing of the first opportunity he got and now he can't control himself, when it comes to kissing Sansa, really?

Or does he actually think he could "seduce" Sansa, the way he did with Lysa? If he really thinks that, he is even more stupid, than I thought he was.

Imo he needs Sansa's trust in every possible plan, so if he hasn't planed something so cunning and clever, where molesting her would be the special ingredient to make said plan work, he has just lost all of my respect as a villain and I think he is just STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Just because he took advantage of Sansa sexually does not make him a weak man.  He knows how far he can get away with.  He has her number.  She is a tool for him to use, nothing more. 

12 minutes ago, 867-5309 said:

Just because he took advantage of Sansa sexually does not make him a weak man.  He knows how far he can get away with.  He has her number.  She is a tool for him to use, nothing more. 

Sure she is a tool for him. But the quotes above suggest, he does not know how far he can go to get away with it. He may think that, but Sansa mistrusts him now and sees him as a threat. And he needs her trust, because after all she is the one with the Stark name.

His plan only works as long as Sansa thinks, it's her only choice, but as soon as better opportunity arises, she might very well take it.

1 hour ago, nyser1 said:

Petyr knows better than to trust ANYONE, he has played that way his whole adulthood (that we know of). His mistake is not thinking rationally with her.

yeah and that is honestly what disappoints me so much. Throughout the series he has shown such great manipulation skills. The thing he did with Lysa was just genius (in an evil way, of course) how he manipulates ppl in court and the thing with Ned. He made a woman, that he wasn't attracted to and was able to kill easily in the end, believe over more than a decade, that she was the love of his life. That shows stamina and a willingness to plan longterm and make big sacrifices. He needs to have a very good insight into human nature to be able to pull that of. And now he throws it all away, because he can't think rationally with Sansa? 

On 20. Oktober 2019 at 1:16 AM, The Mother of The Others said:

Maybe priority #1 is he doesn't want to be relegated to the friend zone again like how Cat did him.  So he thinks he can't afford to wait those months it would take to earn Sansa's trust and affection, because by then it would have solidified into the kind of affection a daughter has for a father.  He feels it's better to keep her off balance, prevent her from settling into that fatherly view of him.  By.... keeping up the creeping.   It's his achilles weakness?  Everyone thinks so.  Though Sansa wonders if he's really grown weak, or if the littlefinger side of him might yet murder her as easily as Lyssa.   

But there would have been better ways to do it. He could have just courted her, I think Sansa might have been susceptible to that. He has seen her in KL and noticed what a romantic she was/is. 

But yeah, maybe he suddenly gets a deja vu feeling and that makes him unable to think rationally enough anymore. Imo he is just takes a lot of unnecessary risks with Sansa (also letting her know to much) and hasn't turned out as smart as I always thought he was.

But who knows maybe it is all part of his grant master plan, that we are unable to see just yet.

• 1 month later...

Archived