Where are the sweets?

Kimbono

So after Episode 5 everythigk just went downhill for me. People turn mad, are in a bad situation or dead.

It was always clear we don't get a Happyending (or else you haven't paying attention. ~ Ramsey), but claims where that it will be bittersweet.

So what are the possibilities to turn this from complete bitterness into something bittersweet?

Maybe Jon reuniting with Ghost and Tormund after leaving the capital? Sam/Gilly Story...

1 hour ago, Kimbono said:

So after Episode 5 everythigk just went downhill for me. People turn mad, are in a bad situation or dead.

It was always clear we don't get a Happyending (or else you haven't paying attention. ~ Ramsey), but claims where that it will be bittersweet.

So what are the possibilities to turn this from complete bitterness into something bittersweet?

Maybe Jon reuniting with Ghost and Tormund after leaving the capital? Sam/Gilly Story...

All the remaining children (including Jon) of Ned Stark live. They are damaged but they live. 

Just now, azor_ahaiii said:

Arya regains her humanity

Starks regain the North

Jon reunites with the Wildlings

The other houses are all fucked, I guess. Unless Tyrion has kids.

why is jon reuniting with the wildlings good? Where did jon become friends with them? Doesn t anybody remeber the ep hardhome? The wildlings may respect him, but they also hate him!

Just now, divica said:

why is jon reuniting with the wildlings good? Where did jon become friends with them? Doesn t anybody remeber the ep hardhome? The wildlings may respect him, but they also hate him!

Did you just ignore the last 3 seasons?

Just now, azor_ahaiii said:

Did you just ignore the last 3 seasons?

When did jon become happier with the wildlings than with the northerns that he grew up with?

Or are we supposed to think that the northerns are so bad that jon is also done with them? 

Jon definitely seemed to be happier with Tormund than being KitN. Depending on how E6 goes I could see him sayng "Screw it all" after he is forced to kill Dany and leaving the entire South (remember, for Wildlings the North is South too) to go into a self-imposed exile with Tormund and Ghost.

Ive got a really bad feeling the end is gonna be just all the femme fatales having children:

Arya + Gendry to continue the Baratheon Line

Jaime + Brienne to continue the Lannisters

Jon + Dany to continue the Targaryens

Sansa will have a bastard Stark somehow as bran seems less likely.

Sam and Gilly for Tarleys

Thatll be played out as some sort of sweet ending but its vomit inducing and I really hope it doesn't happen.

5 hours ago, chatty83 said:

Ive got a really bad feeling the end is gonna be just all the femme fatales having children: ... Thatll be played out as some sort of sweet ending but its vomit inducing and I really hope it doesn't happen.

Oh, shoot me now! :) What else are highborn women for, except to breed? The men rewarded in accordance with their brave deeds; the women will have to settle for whoever is left standing; mop-up moments galore; and everything tied up with a bow à la Love Actually.

If it goes down this way, I too will puke!

Our main characters get all the bitter.  The people of the realm get the sweet.  After the events of episode 6 there will no longer be feudalism and all the people can go back to farming, or fishing, or whatever they want to do.  The commoners get to live out there lives happily ever after.

2 hours ago, Winter prince said:

Our main characters get all the bitter.  The people of the realm get the sweet.  After the events of episode 6 there will no longer be feudalism and all the people can go back to farming, or fishing, or whatever they want to do.  The commoners get to live out there lives happily ever after.

I wouldn't even mind some sort of Seven Samurai rip off ending but I have no faith they can pull it off. Im not sure the characters are sympathetic anymore, they all had that ripped from them so I'm not sure anyone will feel all that sorry for them if the ending shows them realising playing the game of thrones is a fools game.

Nice for the peasants but the peasants have featured do little I don't think the audience cares. They've essentially been cannon fodder for the full eight series.

38 minutes ago, chatty83 said:

I wouldn't even mind some sort of Seven Samurai rip off ending but I have no faith they can pull it off. Im not sure the characters are sympathetic anymore, they all had that ripped from them so I'm not sure anyone will feel all that sorry for them if the ending shows them realising playing the game of thrones is a fools game.

Nice for the peasants but the peasants have featured do little I don't think the audience cares. They've essentially been cannon fodder for the full eight series.

You are absolutely correct.  I put my hopes and dreams into theories, picking and choosing info that supports my pieces.  Usually knowing all to well that's not a how TV show could possibly end.

I've always thought that after all the violence, injustice and loss in this story there would be no satisfying ending, so this is no disappointment to me. What could possibly compensate the many injustices of Joffrey, the loss of Ned Stark, the killing of Oberyn...nothing could. Above a certain degree of evil nothing is enough to make us feel avenged. You just try to heal and move on. And that was never Danny's way...

Bittersweet ?

What I think might happen:

Seeing Jon reunited with Ghost and Tormund north of the Wall, or at the Wall.

Arya settling down with Gendry. I never thought that'd be possible with Arya, but last week during the destruction of King's Landing I think something changed inside her. A lot of people brought up that Arya will want to kill Dany, I think she'll listen to what Sandor said, and she'll just want to have peace.

Could Samwell become the Lord of Highgarden ? No idea.

I don't know what else we could get.

Danny never lands and just keeps burning until she's killed off every last human left alive.  Then she just keeps burning because she doesn't know what else to do until she passes out from exhaustion and falls off Drogon over the ocean where she drowns (since she can't be burned).  Then Drogon turns to the camera, nods once, and we hear a ghostly "Dracarys" as the camera is engulfed in flame.  The end.

The sweetness lies in the fact that it's over.  Completely.

Archived