Where are the sweets?

Kimbono

On 5/14/2019 at 3:59 PM, King Jon Snow Stark said:

All the remaining children (including Jon) of Ned Stark live. They are damaged but they live. 

You say this like it would be a "sweet" thing.
Personally I couldn't care less about Arya, Sansa and Bran surviving at this point. I genuinely feel nothing for them except for mild annoyance.
As for Jon, he hasn't shown any signs of emotions or humanity the entire season. It's almost like they accidentally gave him Bran's script by mistake and he just rolled with it. The guy is completely void of character. Everything that made him likable in the earlier seasons is gone.

Honestly, the only sweet part for me will seemingly be that Tormund and his wildlings (and Ghost) survive and live happily ever after in the real north.

As for the rest of the still living characters, I genuinely don't care anymore; This season has in a very short amount of time managed to either ruin them, make them utterly unlikable or simply turn them into glorified extras without personality. 

The sweetness is that the trainwreck that has been season 7 and 8 are over. This show is over and we can go back to theorizing about the books and how great they will be if it ever comes out...

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

You say this like it would be a "sweet" thing.
Personally I couldn't care less about Arya, Sansa and Bran surviving at this point. I genuinely feel nothing for them except for mild annoyance.
As for Jon, he hasn't shown any signs of emotions or humanity the entire season. It's almost like they accidentally gave him Bran's script by mistake and he just rolled with it. The guy is completely void of character. Everything that made him likable in the earlier seasons is gone.

Honestly, the only sweet part for me will seemingly be that Tormund and his wildlings (and Ghost) survive and live happily ever after in the real north.

As for the rest of the still living characters, I genuinely don't care anymore; This season has in a very short amount of time managed to either ruin them, make them utterly unlikable or simply turn them into glorified extras without personality. 

The scene where we see him refuse dany in cold silence when he sees her falling apart made no sense. When has jon ever done that. Most of his stupid moments were when he showed too much kindness. Instead this time he gives a women who he supposedly loves the cold silence when she is falling apart and needs help. Yep the lady with the dragon is depressed and talking cryptically and will be attacking a city tommorow so lets be very cold and not help her at all. Yep that's gonna go well. 

I really hope that this isn't how they are gonna have jon and dany be in the books at the end. Whether it's because this was never what GRRM was gonna do or he changes it when he sees everyones rage.

I don't think Jon, Dany, Arya or Tyrion get happy endings. Jon seems destined for misery, Dany for death, Arya is damaged in so many ways and will likely never truly recover, Tyrion is utterly alone now. Sam and Gilly are good. Sansa gets what she wants, tho she's screwed up in the head too. Bran is a robot. I guess we're supposed to be happy the wheel is broken, as I think it will be. But still, not much there. Ghost surviving is sweet, but not enough. I want Drogon to live too, just bc dragons are awesome. But ultimately I really want Jon to find the sweetness in life, but I don't think it'll happen.

2 hours ago, btfu806 said:

The sweetness is that the trainwreck that has been season 7 and 8 are over. This show is over and we can go back to theorizing about the books and how great they will be if it ever comes out...

"cheers" yes and hopefully GRRM didn't write his ending like this or changed it after seeing the rage it caused.

The rage for the most part isn't directed at the end result, more so the journey. I can easily see a scenario where we end up here in the books, but it'd be based on logic and not what the plot needs the characters to do.

The sweet part is that Euron had sex with the queen and is (almost) the man who killed Jaime Lannister

The two-eyed pervy pirate was the protagonist all along, you see.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:24 AM, Kimbono said:

So after Episode 5 everything just went downhill for me. People turn mad, are in a bad situation or dead.

It was always clear we don't get a Happy Ending (or else you haven't paying attention. ~ Ramsey), but claims where that it will be bittersweet.

So what are the possibilities to turn this from complete bitterness into something bittersweet?

Maybe Jon reuniting with Ghost and Tormund after leaving the capital? Sam/Gilly Story...

These claims of a bittersweet ending are overstated to the point of being misunderstood and therefore untrue. 

That's because creating a “powerful sadness” at the very end is GRRM's stated goal

He is deliberately trying to create a tremendous sadness at the end because he feels that this very sadness is the power which makes a tale lasting and memorable. 

Congratulations: mission accomplished.

The conclusion of this season is that The Army of the Living is just as evil as The Army of the Dead. The sweet outcome will be for everyone to die so that the Children of the Forest can have their world back and live in harmony with nature. Make it happen, Bran.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:37 PM, TNTW said:

I don't think Jon, Dany, Arya or Tyrion get happy endings. Jon seems destined for misery, Dany for death, Arya is damaged in so many ways and will likely never truly recover, Tyrion is utterly alone now. Sam and Gilly are good. Sansa gets what she wants, tho she's screwed up in the head too. Bran is a robot. I guess we're supposed to be happy the wheel is broken, as I think it will be. But still, not much there. Ghost surviving is sweet, but not enough. I want Drogon to live too, just bc dragons are awesome. But ultimately I really want Jon to find the sweetness in life, but I don't think it'll happen.

Dany dying is fine.  It's disappointing that she should die in disgrace.

3 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

The conclusion of this season is that The Army of the Living is just as evil as The Army of the Dead. The sweet outcome will be for everyone to die so that the Children of the Forest can have their world back and live in harmony with nature. Make it happen, Bran.

There’s no Children of the Forest left either by the looks of it since Season 6.

I saw in an interview where GRRM mocks Christianity. 

So he chose the 7-Faced God [New Gods] to symbolize Christianity and burnt its home, King’s Landing, to the ground.... ironically by a girl who’d been oppressed, raped, beaten, enslaved, and forced into marriage, exactly what Christianity once did. Lol

Archived