How should Jon kill Dany

MagicPen

Assuming Arya doesn't take all his jobs, and he gets to do at least this one.

My suggestion: he tricks her to take a romantic stroll on Drogon to clear their heads, then pushes her off the dragon.  Drogon then accept Jon as the new rider, since you know he is already there.

Thoughts?

12 hours ago, MagicPen said:

Assuming Arya doesn't take all his jobs, and he gets to do at least this one.

My suggestion: he tricks her to take a romantic stroll on Drogon to clear their heads, then pushes her off the dragon.  Drogon then accept Jon as the new rider, since you know he is already there.

Thoughts?

His character is not capable of murder.

But with all the character assassination happening of late, I guess he'll just walk up to her, stab her and say goodbye.

Jon commtting murder would be completely out of character. Dany as the rightful ruler of the Seven Kingdoms and Jon's professed Queen had the right to put KL to the sword/dragon fire. However, Jon executing the assassin that murders Dany would be in keeping with Jon's character. If Dany is murdered Jon could ascend the throne. This puts Jon in the position to sentence the murderr to death. In keeping to his code that the "man who passes the sentence should swing the sword" Jon will execute Arya. Thus in keeping with GRRM's theme ... there are no happy endings.

1 hour ago, Howling Mad said:

Jon committing murder would be completely out of character. Dany as the rightful ruler of the Seven Kingdoms and Jon's professed Queen had the right to put KL to the sword/dragon fire. However, Jon executing the assassin that murders Dany would be in keeping with Jon's character. If Dany is murdered Jon could ascend the throne. This puts Jon in the position to sentence the murderer to death. In keeping to his code that the "man who passes the sentence should swing the sword" Jon will execute Arya. Thus in keeping with GRRM's theme ... there are no happy endings.

No, Dany isn't the rightful ruler. Jon is. That's why she's so freaked out when the city surrenders to him not to her.

1 hour ago, Howling Mad said:

Jon commtting murder would be completely out of character. 

People do things out of their norm when cornered and when they are conflicted by two opposing forces within them.

Jaime's speech about honor before Cat released him, says as much. ("they make you swear and swear, pledge to your king, to your father... but what about when your king demands your father's head" etc)

And any realistic character will not be defined by just one value. Jaime values his honor, but it comes behind his family, and he loves his family but it comes behind his love for Cercei.

Jon murdering Dany will be tragic, but after close examination within character. Because he will struggle with his love for her, with his sense of honor but both will end up wanting when compared with the ultimate good of the world he lives in.

I can't see Jon murdering Dany.  He knew there was potential for Dany to raze Kingslanding to the ground and told Varys that it was her choice as queen.  Everyone Jon has killed has had reason:

The mutineers as Crasters Keep

The traitors at castle black

Even Janos Slynt forced his hand

He most likely is still loyal to his Queen even if he does not agree with her actions. 

4 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

Jon commtting murder would be completely out of character. Dany as the rightful ruler of the Seven Kingdoms and Jon's professed Queen had the right to put KL to the sword/dragon fire. However, Jon executing the assassin that murders Dany would be in keeping with Jon's character. If Dany is murdered Jon could ascend the throne. This puts Jon in the position to sentence the murderr to death. In keeping to his code that the "man who passes the sentence should swing the sword" Jon will execute Arya. Thus in keeping with GRRM's theme ... there are no happy endings.

None of that is true. Jon wouldn't need to sentence Arya. Tommen didn't sentence Tyrion.

In any case, they could set it up to be the same as when Jaime slew the Mad King. Jon stabs Danny with Lightbringer to stop her from killing people. That I could believe. 

31 minutes ago, Winter prince said:

He knew there was potential for Dany to raze Kingslanding to the ground and told Varys that it was her choice as queen. 

I don't think it occurred to him she'd destroy the whole city for no reason. Deliberately targeting civilians. If the Red Keep had to be torched or if fire from burning the scorpions got out of hand, okay. But this? There's no way he would have ceded her that authority. 

28 minutes ago, darmody said:

None of that is true. Jon wouldn't need to sentence Arya. Tommen didn't sentence Tyrion.

In any case, they could set it up to be the same as when Jaime slew the Mad King. Jon stabs Danny with Lightbringer to stop her from killing people. That I could believe. 

Forging Lightbringer to bring a new dawn to westeros instead of to end the long night?  Or is night even over with how the people are?

12 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

No, in the books he was the one that killed Igritte, so he will have to kill Danny since she is a much bigger threat than Igritte ever was. He will do it because there is no other way. He listened very carefully to what Varys said and it is now clear even to Jon to wich side Danny's coin flipped.  Good ridance. How come very good man always end up hooked up by these spoiled brats anyway?

41 minutes ago, ananunes said:

No, in the books he was the one that killed Igritte, so he will have to kill Danny since she is a much bigger threat than Igritte ever was. He will do it because there is no other way. He listened very carefully to what Varys said and it is now clear even to Jon to wich side Danny's coin flipped.  Good ridance. How come very good man always end up hooked up by these spoiled brats anyway?

I don’t recall Jon killing her in the books. Doesn’t he find her body and notice the fletches on the arrow that killed her were different than the ones he’d been using?

Dany will see Jon whilst she's on Drogon. She lands & faces him. She just needs to say that word to win the war & kill Jon but she hesitates. Just like how Ygritte that slight hesitation is the end of Dany. She can't find it in herself to burn the one she loves.

Ayra has been training with her bow & arrow all season & has yet to use them. Dany has green eyes!!! In her hesitation, Ayra shoots an arrow into Dany's back. It bursts out through her stomach. She falls off Drogon. Her child tends to her mother making himself vulnerable for attack.

Guess who's back. Bronn, with a makeshift scorpion to complete what he started in season 7. He shoots the scorpion spear into Drogon's neck. Blood gushes out & Dany screams. Her last child is dying in front of her. She crawls to his aid, pulling her bloodied, broken body across the dirt. Drogon's blood is now drenching Dany's clothing. Her silver hair now deep red with her child's blood. She reaches out to touch his cheek. He opens his eyes one last time to gaze upon his mother, takes one last breath, then he is no more.

Dany is inconsolable, Jon walks up to her dying body to hold her in his arms. He still loves her even though she's barmy. She tells him, "you, you & your family have taken everything from me. My childhood, my throne & my loves". Jon, with tears welling up, apologises in the weak manner he always does. I doubt Dany's last words will be "you know nothing, Jon Snow". But she will say something before she croaks.

This will be the most gruesome part. I can't see the Northern & allied forces defeat the Unsullied & the Dothraki so,,,,,,,, Ayra will cut Danys face off to become her & order the Unsullied to kill the Dothraki, whoever is left will be picked off by the allied Northerners.

The other option is that Bran wargs into Drogon, chucks Dany off. Dany witnesses Drogon kill the Unsullied & Dothraki, then Ayra Shoots her with an arrow. Drogon then becomes Jons or Bran will have him commit suicide. 

Because Jon will be holding Dany's corpse everyone will think he killed her, therefore becoming the queen slayer. A label he will hate for the rest of his life.

He will bury Dany in his favourite place so she can rest for 1000 years.

Ayra's days of killing are over. She changes her mind about ladies.

Jon's punishment to Sansa for betraying his trust is for her to marry someone away from the north.

Bronn gets his Castle.

Tyrion remains the hand of the king as the Onion guy is dead. Could fight to literally save his life.

Jon becomes the lonely, miserable, sulking, queen slayer king.

12 hours ago, Winter prince said:

Everyone Jon has killed has had reason:

Uhhh she burned hundreds if not thousands of unarmed innocents, including children. That's more than reason enough. Way, way more than enough. Even Ned Stark would stick her with the pointy end.

Archived