How should Jon kill Dany

MagicPen

On 5/14/2019 at 8:59 AM, MagicPen said:

Assuming Arya doesn't take all his jobs, and he gets to do at least this one.

My suggestion: he tricks her to take a romantic stroll on Drogon to clear their heads, then pushes her off the dragon.  Drogon then accept Jon as the new rider, since you know he is already there.

Thoughts?

I think Jon is capable of killing her, but he would not be capable of using trickery to do it. 

Jon. 

Dany will be Nissa Nissa at the end (and the Evil Mad Queen also), and so Jon Azor Ahai, and Longclaw Lightbringer.

The ice has been already defeated, now is the time to defeat fire (Dany) and restore the balance of the Force (lol).

If Dany really burned the city (it could be Bran. I believe that maybe he had his reasons to warg into Drogon/Dany (cause such a violent Dany is beyond my understanding)) then it will be Tyrion who kills her becoming like his brother. A Queenslayer. Saving those who are left from a Mad Queen.

22 hours ago, ananunes said:

No, in the books he was the one that killed Igritte, so he will have to kill Danny since she is a much bigger threat than Igritte ever was. He will do it because there is no other way. He listened very carefully to what Varys said and it is now clear even to Jon to wich side Danny's coin flipped.  Good ridance. How come very good man always end up hooked up by these spoiled brats anyway?

IIRC Book Jon was thankful that when he found Ygrett's body it was not his arrow fletching that struck her down.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:22 PM, CrypticWeirwood said:

No, Dany isn't the rightful ruler. Jon is. That's why she's so freaked out when the city surrenders to him not to her.

Jon gave his word and bent the knee. To Jon Dany is the rightful ruler.

I'm betting Dany kills Jon, then Tyrion snaps and slicks a kinfe in her back and kills her.  Hence all the hullablub about him being on trial.  Dany would just burn him, but the survivors might give him a trial.  

27 minutes ago, Aurane said:

Arya didn't have much personal connection with Dany. It'd be more satisfying for Jon to do it imo.

But Arya saw the horrible effects of war, first hand.  She saw it from the common folk's view, not knowing which way to go, not knowing if each step is your last.  This is the second time she has witnessed an attack, at Winterfell and at Kings Landing.  While Winterfell had a reason to fight, KL was just experiencing the wrath of an unfit queen.  I don't think Arya needs a personal connection to know when someone is bad/evil.

49 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

But Arya saw the horrible effects of war, first hand.  She saw it from the common folk's view, not knowing which way to go, not knowing if each step is your last.  This is the second time she has witnessed an attack, at Winterfell and at Kings Landing.  While Winterfell had a reason to fight, KL was just experiencing the wrath of an unfit queen.  I don't think Arya needs a personal connection to know when someone is bad/evil.

Arya killing both the Night King (the big ice villain) and Daenerys (who now appears to be the big fire villain) would be extremely boring.

Arya should kill Dany, after the fire battle of Winterfell much like the ice battle occurred at Winterfell.   Songs of ice and fire should come to same point, Winterfell.  Only this time everyone should die.

Arya should kill Dany, after the fire battle of Winterfell much like the ice battle occurred at Winterfell.   Songs of ice and fire should come to same point, Winterfell.  Only this time everyone should die.

Dany should kill Jon.

Then Arya should walk up to her:

Arya: "You've gone totally overboard."
Dany: "Yes."
Arya: "You've become your father."
Dany: "Yes."
Arya: "Jon was like a brother to me!"
Dany: "Sorry."

*long stares*

Arya: "Oh well, I promised the Hound I was done with killing. Good luck, Khaleesi."
Dany: "You too."

That would come as a shock. It would subvert or expectations. And it has been foreshadowed for many seasons that at some point, the killing will end. 

Jon may talk about it, or even try - but won't be able to bring himself to do it because of his honor and oath to her.  Last week two things stuck with me.  Varys and the kitchen girl were plotting to poison Dani but she was not eating ("We'll try again at supper").  Then, when he knew they were coming for him, they made very clear that he took off two rings and put them in a cup.  Was that "the greater reward" for the kitchen girl and a signal "keep to the plan"?  What if most of the remaining A characters die and this little kitchen girl ends the story?

Archived