How should Jon kill Dany

MagicPen

Would be great if the last twist was that Jon actually took a leaf out of Sansa's book and actually played the game. 

Jon confronts Dany and then we see a flash back to the moment Bran told Sansa and Arya about who he really is. Then Jon  agrees with his cousins that Dany has become unstable and that to save the North they have to take her down. He tells Sansa to whisper in Tyrion's ear knowing that he would then tell the Spider who would in turn get the word out to the other houses. He tells Arya that she would head to Kings Landing as he may need her to take her out and then the final betrayal he leaks Dany's movement with allows Euron to take her fleet by surprise.  Jon basically plants the seed knowing that her thirst for power and her insecurity would do the rest.

99% sure this wont happen but it would be epic.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:13 AM, Howling Mad said:

Jon commtting murder would be completely out of character. Dany as the rightful ruler of the Seven Kingdoms and Jon's professed Queen had the right to put KL to the sword/dragon fire. However, Jon executing the assassin that murders Dany would be in keeping with Jon's character. If Dany is murdered Jon could ascend the throne. This puts Jon in the position to sentence the murderr to death. In keeping to his code that the "man who passes the sentence should swing the sword" Jon will execute Arya. Thus in keeping with GRRM's theme ... there are no happy endings.

??? How can anybody say this is beyond me. Dany is not the rightful ruler, and even if she was, she had no right to put KL or any city to sword/dragon fire. That act alone takes away all "rightfulness" she might have had.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:57 AM, Winter prince said:

He most likely is still loyal to his Queen even if he does not agree with her actions. 

No, he wouldn't be loyal to a mass murderer. The thing that he repeated all the time to those that opposed her is "she is not his father". Well, now he was proven wrong, she is like his father and worse. There is no way that Jon can give a pass to what Dany did.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:13 PM, Howling Mad said:

Jon commtting murder would be completely out of character. Dany as the rightful ruler of the Seven Kingdoms and Jon's professed Queen had the right to put KL to the sword/dragon fire. However, Jon executing the assassin that murders Dany would be in keeping with Jon's character. If Dany is murdered Jon could ascend the throne. This puts Jon in the position to sentence the murderr to death. In keeping to his code that the "man who passes the sentence should swing the sword" Jon will execute Arya. Thus in keeping with GRRM's theme ... there are no happy endings.

He’s already betrayed the woman he loved and the trust of a respected leader in Mance. 

Warning, spoiler:

Spoiler

Tyrion feeds Drogon a hundred triple lattes. These cause havoc with the dragon digestive system: It is known.

A the critical moment when Drogon clenches to dracarys Jon/Tyrion/Bronn his sphincter lets loose and Danny is drowned in the (copious) result.

5 hours ago, OttoVonBismarck said:

Arya killing both the Night King (the big ice villain) and Daenerys (who now appears to be the big fire villain) would be extremely boring.

Agreed. But Arya can participate in critical ways. E.g. by releasing people as needed, slitting other throats that might need slitting, etc.

2 hours ago, Higgins86 said:

Would be great if the last twist was that Jon actually took a leaf out of Sansa's book and actually played the game. 

Jon confronts Dany and then we see a flash back to the moment Bran told Sansa and Arya about who he really is. Then Jon  agrees with his cousins that Dany has become unstable and that to save the North they have to take her down. He tells Sansa to whisper in Tyrion's ear knowing that he would then tell the Spider who would in turn get the word out to the other houses. He tells Arya that she would head to Kings Landing as he may need her to take her out and then the final betrayal he leaks Dany's movement with allows Euron to take her fleet by surprise.  Jon basically plants the seed knowing that her thirst for power and her insecurity would do the rest.

99% sure this wont happen but it would be epic.

Jon isn’t that smart. And I’m a Jon Snow fan. 

"In the name of the realm I, Aegon VI of the House Targaryen sentence you to die."

Man who passes the sentence swings the sword. The series started with an execution and will end with one.

At least to me this would make the most sense. Not any smart political maneuvering, not any personal vendetta. King's Justice.

Dany is not a rightful queen. In Targaryen lineage Jon has the precedence, in Baratheon Gendry. Jon bent the knee to her without information about his lineage. Combined with the burning of KL I don't think he will stick to his oath to her. And if he breaks the oath, it would be more in the character to break it to protect the Kingdoms of Men against darkness rather than to protect his family.

16 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Jon isn’t that smart. And I’m a Jon Snow fan. 

Sure he is guilty of wearing his heart on his sleeve and is not as cunning as other characters but I wouldn't say he was dumb either. He's demonstrated on multiple occasions that he can see the bigger picture better than others and he has manipulated people when he has needed to.

2 hours ago, Higgins86 said:

Sure he is guilty of wearing his heart on his sleeve and is not as cunning as other characters but I wouldn't say he was dumb either. He's demonstrated on multiple occasions that he can see the bigger picture better than others and he has manipulated people when he has needed to.

I agree he’s done well some aspects. If he had a goal he goes for it. Save the wildlings, get dragonglass, get allies. I think he’s a decent commander of men. Jon is my favorite character and his storyline was always the one cared about most. He’s always been I do what I need to do person. I like that. 

Archived