How will they react to what happened?

Kajjo

Duplicate of another thread - I'm right so why not spread the truth)

My take is that Jon will confront Dany about being mean.

Dany will say you (Jon) are mean and a threat to me.

Dany will tell Drogon to kill Jon.   Drogon will refuse because Jon is Tagaryan.  Jon will free Drogon and Drogon will fly away to find himself in Europe.

Dany will sick Grey Worm on Jon.  Jon will kill Grey Worm.   

Danys Dothraki and Unsullied will abandon because Dany is powerless and a weak Khal is not to be followed.

Dany will lose her shit and ask Jon to kill her.   Jon will ghost her and leave and Dany will sit atop the iron stump alone and powerless.

Jon will go North to be Jon Stark.

Arya will kill Dany.    BUT a faceless man will kill Arya because she broke their rules and killed a bunch of people using their techniques.

Sansa will rule in the North and Tyrion will rule the West and work together to make it through the winter..  Sansa is pretty so the showmakers must make her smart and competent, even though book Sansa is pants on head retarded through and through.   A Sansa victory end game is probably gonna happen so I might as well retch now over it.  Sigh.

The last shot will be Jon Snow in the North.  And a dragon egg found somewhere being gifted to a messanger to find the last Targaryan to start the nightmare anew

I doubt Dany would go back to Dragonstone. I think the ravens will fly and then Dany will see who bends the knee and who doesn't. After that show of power I assume fear will bind the great houses to her or against her and considering the North and Dorne have already sworn to her, with out Varys to conspire - that leaves ........ dun dun dah Sansa! Now will Tyrion be her Florian or her fool? I really think Dany may be able to make the aurgument that what she did was necessary. Tywin arguing with Tyrion about why be upset at the death of a few hundred wedding guest if it saved thousands on a battle field. So what would she need to do to demonstrate mental instability particularly to Jon. Just Saying she will Kill Sansa isn't a sign of madness if Sansa is proven to be conspiring against her. Sansa bending the knee isn't the issue Jon is Warden of the North, so Why will Jon (if) kill her?

Now that Cersei is dead, the biggest threat to Dany's hold on the 7 Kingdoms is Jon.  As long as Jon lives, her legitimacy as a ruler is in question, and rightly so, as Jon is the rightful heir (whether he wants it or not). Politically speaking, Dany must kill Jon. I have no idea whether she'll actually try to kill him next week, but wouldn't it be funny if she tries to "dracarys" Jon, but he doesn't burn because of his Targaryen blood.

6 minutes ago, Lady Dayne said:

Now that Cersei is dead, the biggest threat to Dany's hold on the 7 Kingdoms is Jon.  As long as Jon lives, her legitimacy as a ruler is in question, and rightly so, as Jon is the rightful heir (whether he wants it or not). Politically speaking, Dany must kill Jon. I have no idea whether she'll actually try to kill him next week, but wouldn't it be funny if she tries to "dracarys" Jon, but he doesn't burn because of his Targaryen blood.

Fire-resistance isn't a generic Targaryen trait, and Jon isn't immune to fire, he's been (badly) burned on the show before, and we have no reason to believe that his resurrection gave him the ability to resist heat.

Daenerys is the only Targaryen who's completely immune to burns and fire (and...asphyxiation).
Ultimately, I hope we will get some sort of explanation for this magical trait before the show ends (she was immune long before she hatched the dragons), but I'm not exactly holding my breath. 

I can see D&D post episode 6 going "haHAA, she was immune to fire because she is FIRE in the Song of Ice and Fire, whereas the Nightking is ICE. No explanation needed!" :bang:

As most posters have stated, I think Jon will be the pivot in the finale. He will either side with Dany or Sansa/the North. Perhaps Dany's actions will make him reconsider his position about not wanting anything to do with the throne. I think even Dany feared that all along and even if Jon stays loyal to her, he sees that as a problem.

Tyrion will also have to make a choice. Does he still value Dany after the events at KL, or will he finally see that Varys was right all along. 

What about Yara though? We've not seen her since she got freed by Theon and went to reclaim the Iron Islands. What role will she play? Could her army change the tide of battle? 

6 minutes ago, Lady Dayne said:

Jon already burned himself killing wights that attacked the Lord Commander waayy back. Targaryens are not fire proof at all, Dany is an exception.

5 minutes ago, Lady Dayne said:

I thought that too, that maybe Jon wouldn't burn which would be a good twist of irony.  If we want to go along with what D&D have said about Dany's Mad Queen turn being expected, why wouldn't she try to kill Jon?  She said it herself, she chooses fear and that's it, nothing else.  If she has gone that far off the rails why would she have any mercy towards Jon?  I think D&D will contradict themselves if she doesn't try to kill Jon.

3 minutes ago, House Rootbreaker said:

If she has gone that far off the rails why would she have any mercy towards Jon?

Because she still loves him, and hopes beyond hope that he will start loving her back in the way she loves him.

Hope is the last thing that dies.

6 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Because she still loves him, and hopes beyond hope that he will start loving her back in the way she loves him.

Hope is the last thing that dies.

I thought that hope died in the last episode when he rejected her and it was pretty clear that wasn't going to change. She said, "It's fear then." Si assumed she had mentally flipped the switch at that point but I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, House Rootbreaker said:

I thought that hope died in the last episode when he rejected her and it was pretty clear that wasn't going to change. She said, "It's fear then." Si assumed she had mentally flipped the switch at that point but I could be wrong.

She can still flip the switch and have unrequited love for Jon at the same time, they are not mutually exclusive. 
Actually, the realization of her love for Jon being unrequited is probably what finally caused the flip to switch.

2 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

I think Daenerys will want to attack Winterfell to get Sansa and that will be the last straw for Jon. 

Oldtown, Lannisport, all the old seats of power will have to be wiped out in her mind. Winterfell is the biggest traitor of all and Jon's home. Not to mention Sansa is there. She'll want it wiped off the map. 

She is going to do what the Mad King did and call Sansa to Kings Landing for her execution. Probably Arya too because she's gone total paranoia

2 hours ago, Lady Dayne said:

Where in Kings Landing? It's destroyed. I think you may be right that she summons the remaining nobility to bend the knee, but I think it will happen at Dragonstone, and Dany will make Dragonstone the new seat of power.

Well said. Dragonstone it is!

49 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

She is going to do what the Mad King did and call Sansa to Kings Landing for her execution. Probably Arya too because she's gone total paranoia

Yep, She is gonna call for the heads of the "traitors", namely Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Sam. Jon is finally gonna have an epiffany and end the madness by killing her.

3 hours ago, Kajjo said:

How will our protagonists react to what happened?

(1) Jon/Sansa -- Will he be very pissed that she broke her oath and put him in this position? Sansa more or less caused all the trouble with her betrayal. Daenerys possible had not snapped at exactly this point without the betrayal. Will Jon forgive her? Be extremely angry with her and split allegiance?

(2) Jon/Daenerys -- Will Daenerys simply return to Dragonstone and talk normally to all of them? Will Jon follow to Dragonstone or simply split up and go his own way?

(3) Will Tyrion dare to go back or flee after freeing Jaime and failing this last time. He knows he has no more forgiveness to expect from Daenerys now.

(4) I expect Grey Worm to continue to be on Daenerys' side.

1) He should be very angry with Sansa, what she did was totally wrong. He might forgive her eventually, with time (if he admits that after all, Sansa was right in distrusting Dany -although she had no objective reason to distrust her, so all this is inconsistent, unless we are shown that Bran knew something that he told her sisters but not Jon-), but he'll never trust her, ever  again.

2)Things between Jon and Dany will go south in a heartbeat from now on. Jon knows now he was mistaken about Dany, Jon bent the knee to her because he needed her to save the North AND because he believed she'd be a worthy queen, "better than Cersei". It turned out the North is saved from the Dead, but in danger from Dany's forces,. No matter her former good intentions, she proved to be worse than Cersei. Although to be fair, we don't know what would Cersei have done if she had dragons. 

And Dany will not trust Jon, not anymore. She knows he won't go against his Stark family, but worse, she knows that his Targaryen heritage is now out in the open, so he is a threat to her, because there will always be people willing to conspire in the same way Varys did. And since marriage is not an option because he isn't willing to do so, I think that her next move is to kill him.

In the same sense, his only move is to letting himself be killed, and thus allowing her to go against his sisters, or try to stop her. But the problem I see is that he can't just kill her, because the inestability won't stop with Dany out of the way, it could potentially get worse, with the Unsullied, Dothrakis and Drogon on the loose, with nobody able to keep control over them. He has to figure out a way to deal with Dany's armies and dragon. But since show Jon is stupid, he might just kill her and then watch like a dumbfounded fool how they wipe out all the remaining living inhabitants of Westeros, the ones he worked so hard to keep alive.

3) If Tyrion has just ONE working brain cell left, he should begin to run away as quickly as his short legs allow him. He betrayed Dany, and also broke Sansa's trust; so even in the slightest chance that Stark team wins, he'd have to face the Stark sisters.

Spoiler

And this is where Frikidoctor leaks may happen, they make sense in this scenario

2 hours ago, Nightwish said:

1) Jon/Sansa -- Probably no interaction since she is in Winterfell. 

(2) Jon/Daenerys -- She will be on Kings Landing from now on. I don't know. Is their a relationship between them anymore? He failed her more than twice. So why bother with him? 

(3) Tyrion will probably take the blame for Jamie. He will confess, I believe, as he is the number one suspect for releasing him. Dany should kill him. I believe she had enough of him and his nonsense. 

(4) Me too. 

“She should kill him”. This is what I’m talking about when I mention rabid DS fans and tyrant enablers.

Here’s a guy who tried to prevent the needless killing and suffering of countless innocents but in their minds he deserves to die because he “betrayed” their goddess...

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

Fire-resistance isn't a generic Targaryen trait, and Jon isn't immune to fire, he's been (badly) burned on the show before, and we have no reason to believe that his resurrection gave him the ability to resist heat.

Daenerys is the only Targaryen who's completely immune to burns and fire (and...asphyxiation).
Ultimately, I hope we will get some sort of explanation for this magical trait before the show ends (she was immune long before she hatched the dragons), but I'm not exactly holding my breath. 

I can see D&D post episode 6 going "haHAA, she was immune to fire because she is FIRE in the Song of Ice and Fire, whereas the Nightking is ICE. No explanation needed!" :bang:

She is not immune. Her stunt on Drogo's funeral pyre was the result of magic. Martin is on the record years ago saying that if she tries it again she will die.

I don't see how the Starks would be upset about the destruction of King's Landing.

I expect Daenerys to turn against the northerners next. because they are traitors.   Northeners will have the same issue they had with Cersei.  They cannot have a King in the North. 

Jon is a traitor, no different than Varys or Tyrion, he has his own code, does not obey, he will protect the North.  One of them has to die at the hand of the other, or both together, like Mountain and Hound.

Tyrion, by his MO, being up for execution as a traitor and surviving the battle, should be oaring to Braavos for a new gig.  Anything else is out of character.  He is completely pointless and useless.

Grey Worm will die defending Dany.  I don't see any other way.

12 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

She is not immune. Her stunt on Drogo's funeral pyre was the result of magic. Martin is on the record years ago saying that if she tries it again she will die.

Then Martin must have forgotten to share that tidbit with the writers, because she tried it again, quite successfully I might add, in Vaes Dothrak when she burned all the Khals.

Archived