How will they react to what happened?

Kajjo

Just now, Lady Dayne said:

Then Martin must have forgotten to share that tidbit with the writers, because she tried it again, quite successfully I might add, in Vaes Dothrak when she burned all the Khals.

And as I recall he was pissed at them for doing it. He had made that comment LONG before D&D came on the scene. They didn't do their homework.

19 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

She is not immune. Her stunt on Drogo's funeral pyre was the result of magic. Martin is on the record years ago saying that if she tries it again she will die.

You forget she already did it a second time when she burned all the khals and took control of the Dothraki army,

3 minutes ago, funpig said:

You forget she already did it a second time when she burned all the khals and took control of the Dothraki army,

I've already addressed this. Martin is the Word of God, and he says she's not. The showrunners screwed up.

7 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

And as I recall he was pissed at them for doing it. He had made that comment LONG before D&D came on the scene. They didn't do their homework.

Yeah. All this and the fact that GRRM's quote about similar endings etc. are years old give me hope that HUGE EFFIN IF he ever finishes the books things will be quite different from the get go to the end. And I don't necessarily mean that Dany won't burn KL or Arya does not kill NK, but rather that all of it will make more (at least some) sense.

D&D have been going through the motions of producing the show for years. This year it has finally caught up with them even with public opinion. They should have had some backbone to finish their work, but I guess they simply grew tired of it and just cannot wait for all the new and shiny projects once they are free of one of the greatest accomplishments in western popular culture / TV that they themselves clearly do not value very highly.

6 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I wonder how Dany will react to what she did.  

Will she be remorseful?  Triumphant?  Feeling regret for a mistake?  Indifferent?  

I don't think she should be remorseful.  It felt like the show was clumsily trying to make it a conscious decision.  Let it be fear.  She is upset that KL never revolted against Cersei.  She ultimately says, fuck em, as pay back for Rhaegal, and Missy and QOT.  So, she should be either indifferent or triumphant.  Live in my new world or die,if I didn't kill you already.

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I don't think she should be remorseful.  It felt like the show was clumsily trying to make it a conscious decision.  Let it be fear.  She is upset that KL never revolted against Cersei.  She ultimately says, fuck em, as pay back for Rhaegal, and Missy and QOT.  So, she should be either indifferent or triumphant.  Live in my new world or die,if I didn't kill you already.

If she knows about the crowds cheering Euron, that would be another reason for payback.

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

If she knows about the crowds cheering Euron, that would be another reason for payback.

Ugh.  Right?  How easy would it have been to slip a couple of lines in about the KL smallfolk cheering that her allies were brought in chains and sending the viewer a signal last season.  So many ways they could have improved this ending, which could have been tragically brilliant, instead a muddled mess.

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

“She should kill him”. This is what I’m talking about when I mention rabid DS fans and tyrant enablers.

Here’s a guy who tried to prevent the needless killing and suffering of countless innocents but in their minds he deserves to die because he “betrayed” their goddess...

Haha chill.. who is the rabid fan here? I don’t bite other forum members because I am a hater. 

Yes Tyrion needs to die, he is a useless, pointless character already from season 6. Ever since they came to Westeros brought nothing but bad advise.

And by the way I will rant a little here:

He had conflicted interests, he should have quit, recognizing he was no fit for the job. 

His advices and stupid plans, along with his delays to buy time so he could “save his family” gave NK a dragon that threatened the entire humanity and killed half of Danys army. 

And while Sansa was telling him that Dany was the problem he hadn’t even the decency to tell her to shut up. 

His stupidity trusting Cersei gave Lannisters time to prepare and Dany lost another dragon and Missandei. 

He shared the secret with Varys who tried to poison Dany. 

He released Jamie - only for his own personal feelings - who had shown neither remorse nor regret for the crimes he committed during war. But most importantly, when Cersei had send Bron to kill them both. Common sense gives up!

It’s not my fault the script writers turned him into a comedian capable only of telling cock jokes, oh no they are not even good jokes anymore, he thinks they are. 

Now I want to see the look they are going to give him - like he has no idea what happened there. All of the things he should be doing or shouldn’t be doing all the previous time happened here. 

I won’t be surprised if he lives though as we know stupidity it’s unbeatable. 

I don't think Jon will view Sansa's disclosure of his secret to be a betrayal.  I think after the KL massacre, he will accept that Sansa was right (once again) and that he was wrong to support Dany.

I am still all in on the theory that Sansa and Tyrion will end up as co-rulers and still married in the end.

Originally, I thought Daenerys dies in the battle and a grief-stricken Jon gives up his claim to his cousin Sansa and goes North.

Now that Daenerys goes all Mad Queen, it would make sense that the final conflict will be between Jon (good) and Dany (evil).  He will be the Prince that is promised.  The Song of ice (Lyanna Stark) and fire (Rheagar Targaren) turns out it was all about Jon.

One possible narrative.  Daenerys orders Sansa and Starks arrested and brought to Kings Landing.  Everybody including Briene, Gendry etc come for the final confrontation in the last episode.  Daenerys intends (to put to trial and) to execute Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran (i.e. all Starks) and perhaps all the Lords of the old Houses, and any other persons she perceives to be disloyal or potentially disloyal.  She plans to drain the swamp once and for all and be the supreme undisputed ruler.  Jon finally stops being passive, and stands up to  Daenerys.  Perhaps there will be a trial by combat against Grey Worm (who is absolutely loyal to the Queen) with Jon defending all his family and friends.  He wins the combat. But i think he suffers mortal injuries and will die in the end (like Beric, Jon was brought back to life for a purpose and once he fufuils his purpose, he dies).  I don't know how the story will deal with a pissed off drogon (Bran wargs?) or the vengeful Dothraki or Unsullied (maybe without their leader they will just be happy to be done with fighting and go back to Essos?).  Perhaps after Jon wins the trial by combat, evil Dany still gives the "dracarys" command to burn everybody but is surprised the Bran has warged into and controls drogon.  Jon realizes he has no choice but to kill Dany.  Before dying, Jon decrees that his claim to throne should pass to his sister(cousin) Sansa, who i believe is still married to Tyrion. 

48 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I wonder how Dany will react to what she did.  

Will she be remorseful?  Triumphant?  Feeling regret for a mistake?  Indifferent?  

The scene from the trailer was very... Triumph of the Will like. So... I guess neither. She will feel hate and resenment. "Look what you made me do!"

It also makes sense she would call lords of Westeros to bend their knee in King's Landing. Dragonstone lacks the certain je ne sais quoi of a freshly melted down city full of burned bodies to overcome any doubts.

7 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

She is not immune. Her stunt on Drogo's funeral pyre was the result of magic. Martin is on the record years ago saying that if she tries it again she will die.

Don't mix the books and the show please.

Daenerys in the show has clearly been depicted as being immune to fire and burns: Drogo's funeral pyre, the burning of the khal's in Vaes Dothrak, bathing in scolding hot water and and holding stuff that's been in the fire for so long that Irri got severe burns but Daenerys didn't feel a thing.

It's a magical one-time event in the books, but not in the show, regardless of what GRRM says about it, and regardless if it was a screw-up by D&D or not. They only way to fix it would be a retcon, and that won't happen and would also be pointless by this stage.

13 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Actually, the realization of her love for Jon being unrequited is probably what finally caused the flip to switch.

It's not the love that is unrequited, but the affections. Jon loves here but the aunt/nephew issue makes it impossible to enjoy physical affections.

14 hours ago, Lady Dayne said:

if she tries to "dracarys" Jon, but he doesn't burn because of his Targaryen blood

No, please don't continue on this path. It is well-known that Daenerys is an exception and there is no genetic immunity of Targaryens against fire or heat. Jon even burned himself in one of the earlier seasons. Daenerys is mistaken when she proclaims Viserys not to be "a real dragon" because heat could kill him. No other known Targaryens in the show were called immune to fire or heat.

13 hours ago, House Balstroko said:

I think Jon will be the pivot in the finale. He will either side with Dany or Sansa

Yes, he will be pivotal, and yes, I expext him to have to make a choice between Sansa and Daenerys. Willhe be "a Stark forever" or will he still keep to his oath of fealty to Daenerys after what she did? 

What impact have Daenerys cruelties on Jon? Do they simply meet on Dragonstone to an after-battle session and discuss her actions? Or will he try to leave and not even be on her side anymore?

4 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Daenerys in the show has clearly been depicted as being immune to fire and burns: Drogo's funeral pyre, the burning of the khal's in Vaes Dothrak, bathing in scolding hot water and and holding stuff that's been in the fire for so long that Irri got severe burns but Daenerys didn't feel a thing.

That's true. We have to stick to what they showed us in the show. And I like this even more than a unexplained one-time-magic. 

Daenerys is clearly depicted as to be immune to fire and heat and she is an exception. It's not just being Targaryen. She is special.

I am kinda leaning on the fact that Dany knew before the attack that Tyrion freed Jaime, and that Tyrion saying repeatedly Bells=Surrender, thought it must be a trap/another treason, and thats why she went ballistic

5 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Don't mix the books and the show please.

It's a magical one-time event in the books, but not in the show, regardless of what GRRM says about it, and regardless if it was a screw-up by D&D or not. They only way to fix it would be a retcon, and that won't happen and would also be pointless by this stage.

It's just another example of them not paying attention to detail. I doubt it will matter in the end, but I seriously question whether or not they've actually read the books carefully.

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

That's true. We have to stick to what they showed us in the show. And I like this even more than a unexplained one-time-magic. 

Daenerys is clearly depicted as to be immune to fire and heat and she is an exception. It's not just being Targaryen. She is special.

Let's go with that for a minute.

She is Azor Ahai, the destroyer of worlds. 

1 hour ago, Ice Queen said:

It's just another example of them not paying attention to detail.

No, it's not. To the contrary.

It is much more convincing and satisfying that Daenerys is immune to too hot water, fire-heated stones and THEN survives the pyre than just out of nothing letting her survive fire.  Surviving the second fire when she burns down the Dosh Khaleen makes a lot of sense then, too.

The show did this BETTER then the book. Because back then they cared for good story and for "showing, not telling".

The first seasons were extraordinarily well done.

15 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

1) He should be very angry with Sansa, what she did was totally wrong. He might forgive her eventually, with time (if he admits that after all, Sansa was right in distrusting Dany -although she had no objective reason to distrust her, so all this is inconsistent, unless we are shown that Bran knew something that he told her sisters but not Jon-), but he'll never trust her, ever  again.

with the current state of the writing in the show, I will be amazed if jon/sansa have argument about this - of course he should be pissed off with her and I would like him to confront her about it....but I will be amazed..

18 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

We were supposed to get a bittersweet ending.

Since this story is ultimately about Jon, Daenerys, and the games, wars and intrigues between them, there is nothing bittersweet about this ending. Only tragedy.

And worse of all, they aren't even letting Dany be a tragic hero like Macbeth or Othello.

This is truly disappointing.

agreed 100%

Archived