Discussing Sansa - The Last One: Queen In The North!!!

Mladen

I lov Sansa but i dont like this ending for her. Queen in the North is great, but she's now lost all her family, she is Queen in he North with no named character she cares about and why on Earth should the North be it's own kingdom if the other kingdoms aren't? I can only see that being a huge mistake in he future. The North no longer has allies or a say in who is the king of westeros, so I see big problems in he future. I just don't get what there is to be happy about with his ending except that Sansa is alive

1 minute ago, north of the wall said:

I lov Sansa but i dont like this ending for her. Queen in the North is great, but she's now lost all her family, she is Queen in he North with no named character she cares about and why on Earth should the North be it's own kingdom if the other kingdoms aren't? I can only see that being a huge mistake in he future. The North no longer has allies or a say in who is the king of westeros, so I see big problems in he future. I just don't get what there is to be happy about with his ending except that Sansa is alive

That’s what I was thinking.

6 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

How is her end satisfying? She's a woman and unless a man accepts to take her name (seems pretty unlikely given the North's culture), her childrens won't be Stark so yea the Starks are pretty much DEAD as a ruling line after Sansa passes away.

I think we can safely say that after getting independance back for the north... Sansa is going to have no problem finding a man willing to take her last name... fuck most will let her change their whole name to Stark Starky Stark if it pleases her.

Just now, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

I think we can safely say that after getting independence back for the north... Sansa is going to have no problem finding a man willing to take her last name... fuck most will let her change their first name if it pleases her.

The Northerners are misogynist from what we've seen, I wonder if she'll truly find one willing to abandon his name. Really can't see men made from the same mold as Greatjon Umber do so.

4 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

The Northerners are misogynist from what we've seen, I wonder if she'll truly find one willing to abandon his name. Really can't see men made from the same mold as Greatjon Umber do so.

While this may be true, after gaining back the north and also being their Queen I cant see any man refusing her... can you imagine the man that refuses her in front of all those thankful men/woman/children.. and I would imagine being Queen she could command it if push came to shove.

The North know the importance of there always being a Stark in Winterfell... and also now with the Allegiance with beyond the wall and the other 6 kingdoms.. they really need to keep a Stark to keep the peace.

3 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

How is her end satisfying? She's a woman and unless a man accepts to take her name (seems pretty unlikely given the North's culture), her childrens won't be Stark so yea the Starks are pretty much DEAD as a ruling line after Sansa passes away.

You really need to get with the program. 

Sansa was named Queen in the North in her own name.

11 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Her weirwood dress was STUNNING

I can't wait to see more of it.

2 minutes ago, north of the wall said:

She didn't lose her family. They all grew up and naturally their roads have taken them on different paths. Why independent North? Well, that horse has been beaten to death and we have all spoken about that for far too long. North didn't lose any allies. It was a peaceful demarcation of two Kingdoms. North never cared about Kings on Iron Throne.

3 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

Again, get with the program. GreatJon Umber and many other respected Catelyn and she was supposed to lead them until Robb summoned the armies. So, North is not as misogynistic as you may think. 

9 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

While this may be true, after gaining back the north and also being their Queen I cant see any man refusing her... can you imagine the man that refuses her in front of all those thankful men/woman/children.. and I would imagine being Queen she could command it if push came to shove.

The North know the importance of there always being a Stark in Winterfell... and also now with the Allegiance with beyond the wall and the other 6 kingdoms.. they really need to keep a Stark to keep the peace.

Unless Sansa marries, the Stark line is finished. 

8 minutes ago, Risto said:

Again, get with the program. GreatJon Umber and many other respected Catelyn and she was supposed to lead them until Robb summoned the armies. So, North is not as misogynistic as you may think. 

This has nothing to do with succession.

She will have to marry to have an heir succeed her and unless a Lord is willing let his firstborn take the name of their mother then the Stark line will end with her.

Just now, Angel Eyes said:

Unless Sansa marries, the Stark line is finished. 

Well that's what I was saying..she would marry and the man would take her name ?

Bran has shown that despite being a non feeling robot he is still willing to do what is best for Westeros and the people, so im sure he could be convinced to marry and have a child.

Jon is obviously not sticking to the play book and is roaming about north... and it never stopped him before with Ygritte so im sure he will meet a nice wilding girl and have a kid... He is Stark right ? Did the Stark kids legitimize him ? or is he still Snow.

5 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Well that's what I was saying..she would marry and the man would take her name ?

Bran has shown that despite being a non feeling robot he is still willing to do what is best for Westeros and the people, so im sure he could be convinced to marry and have a child.

Jon is obviously not sticking to the play book and is roaming about north... and it never stopped him before with Ygritte so im sure he will meet a nice wilding girl and have a kid... He is Stark right ? Did the Stark kids legitimize him ? or is he still Snow.

A Targ?

They elevated Sansa’s character way too much. Highly overrated and top 3 worst characters for me.

If they care about independence so much they should have fought their own war and don’t use the “it’s eveybody’s war” excuse please. In the end the NK wasn’t so hard to defeat anyway.

The Stark’s annoy me so much. 

18 minutes ago, Risto said:

You really need to get with the program. 

Sansa was named Queen in the North in her own name.

I can't wait to see more of it.

She didn't lose her family. They all grew up and naturally their roads have taken them on different paths. Why independent North? Well, that horse has been beaten to death and we have all spoken about that for far too long. North didn't lose any allies. It was a peaceful demarcation of two Kingdoms. North never cared about Kings on Iron Throne.

Sansa may have allies right now. Her brother is king, her uncle and a cousin are both great lords. But what happens a few generations later? What happens when the North don't get a say in the new King and the lords choose unwisely? I'm sorry but I see a very bloody future for the North. She has lost her family. Arya's not coming back, and neither is Jon, Bran is 3ER and king, as if he has time to catch up with her or her with him. Theres a difference between growing up and going seperate ways, and never seeing each other again. The pack is broken up and not getting back together.

I still don't understand what there is to be happy about other than some of my faves got to live

59 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

I think we can safely say that after getting independence back for the north... Sansa is going to have no problem finding a man willing to take her last name... fuck most will let her change their whole name to Stark Starky Stark if it pleases her.

You know, her cousin is looking pretty fly. I mean the Arryn one, not the Targaryen one.

32 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Considering how people are salty about her ending up as the QITN in the show I wonder how salty they'll be when she most likely ends up as QITN in the books....

I’m gonna be super fucking pissed if George writes something as illogical as only the North getting independence just so Sansa can be Queen.  If the show has nailed his ending to a tee, then he needs to just drop ASOIAF and write more Dunk & Egg tales.

16 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I’m gonna be super fucking pissed if George writes something as illogical as only the North getting independence just so Sansa can be Queen.  If the show has nailed his ending to a tee, then he needs to just drop ASOIAF and write more Dunk & Egg tales.

I'm sure it's going to be more advanced and stuff than that. 

21 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

You know, her cousin is looking pretty fly. I mean the Arryn one, not the Targaryen one.

When I saw him I did a bit of a double take and then was slightly disturbed with how decent he looked.

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

Considering how people are salty about her ending up as the QITN in the show I wonder how salty they'll be when she most likely ends up as QITN in the books....

Not happening in the books IMO. D&D’s ridiculous Sansa storyline was appeasement for destroying Dany’s female leader narrative. And do you really think GRRM will make a Stark (the last surviving son of Ned) king of Westeros and then have an independent North with Sansa as ruler? Why would the Northmen want independence from a kingdom that is ruled by a Stark and the actual heir to the North? Baffling to say the least.

Archived