Discussing Sansa - The Last One: Queen In The North!!!

Mladen

It all began in 2013. I watched an episode before the wedding of Tyrion and Sansa and suddenly, it occurred to me: "They will make it about HIM". So, we started discussing Sansa regularly and we all fought many times. We had every debate possible and save that one particular episode, this thread marked each of the 38 episodes Sansa appeared in. Anyone who has discussed Sansa will tell you that few characters in ASOIAF and fantasy as polarizing as she was is. For this watch may be ended this Sunday night, but for us, it will continue on ASOIAF threads where we will return to everything we have grown to love (and for some of you, hate) about this character.

This thread is opened earlier for predictions sake. The endgame is upon us and we'll see what will happen to Lady of Winterfell. 

So, for the last time, welcome to Discussing Sansa thread. For, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times... :D

I still think she and Tyrion will end up ruling Westeros as husband and wife.

People say she cannot be trusted because she broke an oath to Jon.  Well, it turns out Sansa was right that Daenerys should not be trusted and that the Kingdom would have been better off if Jon would have asserted his claim over Daenerys.

Jon has bent a knee to Daenerys and sworn that she is the queen.  Would it be wrong for him to kill her now or does he continue to stay loyal to her?

I have trouble seeing how the hand of the one who burned down KL can somehow become king. Will people magically know and believe he tried to stop her because it’s another point the writers couldn’t tie back to GRRM’s ending by actually leading to it? We’ll see.

3 hours ago, funpig said:

I still think she and Tyrion will end up ruling Westeros as husband and wife.

People say she cannot be trusted because she broke an oath to Jon.  Well, it turns out Sansa was right that Daenerys should not be trusted and that the Kingdom would have been better off if Jon would have asserted his claim over Daenerys.

She is probably one of the main reason Daenerys turned mad. 

2 hours ago, Targaryen Peas said:

She is probably one of the main reason Daenerys turned mad. 

In order to do that, Sansa would have had to...

1. have killed Jorah

2. have killed Rhaegal

3. have killed Missandei

4. have returned in time to ask Rhaegar and Lyanna to procreate

5. have returned in time to create a Northern culture in which marrying and sleeping with aunt is unacceptable

Given that none of this happened, unless of course people want to argue that it happened off screen, we are safe to assume that Sansa most certainly wasn't the one that tipped Daenerys over the edge. Not even by a long shot.

I do blame Sansa. Not for "everything" - but for scheming and thus causing incredible disaster. It was Sansa who betrayed her father by revealing Ned Starks plans to escape KL with his daughters. Thus initiating the beheading of her father and the war between the Starks and the Lannisters. Her motives were her longing for prestige and her hunger for glory. It is now Sansa who betrayed Jon Snow by revealing his parentage although she swore an oath not to do so. Her motives are exactly the same like before.

Sansa now is Littlefinger 2.0. Her disdainful smirking to Dany right from their first meeting was exactly the way her teacher smirked. 

Only that Sansa is too sly to tell Jon: "I told you not to trust me."

Sansa has learned a lot from Littlefinger - "Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next."

What does Sansa want? An independent North where she can be queen? An Independent North where Jon can be king? Jon to take the IT? Or something else? Nobody can be sure I think - she is playing the game well...

2 hours ago, pudgiebudgie said:

Sansa has already had the important part of her ending.

I wrote this in the thread about episode 4, I don't want to write it all out again here, but I think Sansa's arc is already over:

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/154226-discussing-sansa-xxxvii-the-hound-and-the-little-bird/&do=findComment&comment=8369345

Thank you for  sharing your thoughts!

You write a lot of interesting stuff about "protection" being the main theme of Sansa´s arc. But frankly asked: What do you think about Brienne? Brienne did protect her and obviously Sansa trusts her 100 per cent. Otherwise she would have Jaime killed when he arrived in Winterfell.

She'll be the queen of the seven kingdoms, she's the only one left with Daenerys and Jon out of the game.

Jon is already dead (brought back in life to fulfill a scope) and also Daenerys will die, otherwise she'll burn the whole of Westeros and we don't have a bitter sweet ending.

Depending on the sweetness of the ending Sansa may rule with husband Tyrion (they did not get a divorce if I'm not wrong).

Oh, boy... Some of these posts are so laughable that I am going to regret opening this...

So, let's begin...

11 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Hopefully she gets eaten by Drogon or killed by her sister, I'd be happy with either outcome.

Because Arya is madder at Sansa for not trusting Daenerys than Dany who killed half a million people? LOL.

9 hours ago, Targaryen Peas said:

I hope Jon will fight her before going on exile.

Again, yeah, Dany killed half a million people but Sansa is the one we should be focusing our anger at? LOL.

9 hours ago, Torienne said:

I do blame Sansa. Not for "everything" - but for scheming and thus causing incredible disaster. It was Sansa who betrayed her father by revealing Ned Starks plans to escape KL with his daughters. Thus initiating the beheading of her father and the war between the Starks and the Lannisters. Her motives were her longing for prestige and her hunger for glory. It is now Sansa who betrayed Jon Snow by revealing his parentage although she swore an oath not to do so. Her motives are exactly the same like before.

Sansa now is Littlefinger 2.0. Her disdainful smirking to Dany right from their first meeting was exactly the way her teacher smirked. 

Only that Sansa is too sly to tell Jon: "I told you not to trust me."

Oh, dear Lord. How has Sansa caused Dany's downfall? Did she kill Rhaegal and Missandei? No. Did she told Jon not to sleep with Dany? No. I mean, it is borderline ridiculous to claim that Sansa is to be blamed for the burning of King's Landing. I suppose we will next blame Sam Tarly. Or better yet Gilly.

Given that this is TV subforum, Sansa never told anyone about her father's plans. 

The war between Lannisters and Starks started before Ned's death. There were two major battles - Green Fork and Whispering Wood that happened while Ned was still alive.

People repeat ad nauseum this mantra about power-hungry Sansa. And yet, every season proves them wrong. One would think that beating a dead horse is tiresome, but then again... Sansa remains the only person that cared for commonfolk this season. Save Tyrion of course. I have to say that I don't understand her wish for Jon to become King of the Seven Kingdoms, given all his failures (that truly escalated this episode) but Starks... Loyal to the death.

10 hours ago, Targaryen Peas said:

If Jon's real identity didn't leak. Dany would have probably kept it safe.

The reality of the people knowing that her claim for the throne wasn't solid anymore, literally destroyed her.

The snitch is: Sansa.

Thus, Sansa destroyed Dany's sanity.

QED.

Could she have also made him love her? And Dany's madness didn't start when Tyrion told her about Varys and Jon. It started with Rhaegal's and Missandei's death. Unless you can find the way to blame it on Sansa :D 

2 minutes ago, Risto said:

Because Arya is madder at Sansa for not trusting Daenerys than Dany who killed half a million people? LOL.

Not really, I just don't like her character and hope she dies horribly :).

Archived