The Perils of a Reluctant King

Angel Eyes

3 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

(Clears throat to channel inner!Snark)

Shut your face. Varys crossed from Essod and back in two episodes.

Or was it one? Hard to keep track.

In S5, D&D hired a bloke from the London area to be senior creative assistant producer for geographical feasibility, only the guy hadn't watched the show too closely, leave alone read the books. When anyone said Essos he heard Essex.

---

How long to Essos and back?

Depends where Guv? You is thinking  Braintree or more like, y'know South End, yeah?

(Can't understand a word this dude is sayin', I thought they spoke English over there) Not Bravos and Storm's End is in Westeros right? Whatever, Varys needs to go to Pentos and sail back.

Eh, 'e's got a Penthouse in Essex, 'as 'e?  (This geezer is making no sense, innhee? 'oos got a Penthouse in Essex?) Anywhere Essex is hour or two, innit?

Woah, that's a bit aggressive, right? Why don't we say a day to get there, do his thing and get his ass back?

Wha'ever you say Guv'nor.

And Mereen?

Eh, Mersea? By the Blackwater? Same thing, innit? It's all Essex, innit? (I is starting to think this geezer is daft as a brush, innhee?)

Blackwater? In Essos? (Wtf is this frigging clown smoking? And they say we Americans don't do Geography) So, Pentos to Mereen is about that too, right?

('ees got a Penthouse in Mersea? And dey say we in Essex is all bling bling and no taste?) Eh, it's all the same to me Guv, you 'as Penthouse wherever you like.

Pentos to what is the same? It's all like the same two hours to everywhere? (Damn, if I had known that I wouldn't have hired this bozo. And I think that posh agency with the fancy accents pocketed most of the fees anyway)

On 5/15/2019 at 9:09 AM, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Robert wanted to rule. But he wasn't fit for it. Why would he start a rebellion against the crown if his intentions weren't getting the throne at the end? He was a fiercy warrior and a natural leader but that doesn't make you a good ruler. That's only it. He didn't born and grown with the mindset of wanting the throne but after Rhaegar ran off with Lyanna and Aerys killed both Rickard and Brandon stark they wanted them out of the throne and consequently the crown.

It was Jon Arryn who really started the war refusing to send the heads of Ned and Robert to Aerys. Robert just became the figure head.

14 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

It was Jon Arryn who really started the war refusing to send the heads of Ned and Robert to Aerys. Robert just became the figure head.

Also, the nerve of him? Tries to end the Dragonspawn. Plonks his fat arse on the Iron Throne on account of being grandson to a Targaryen Princess. Voila.

Archived