Cersei & Tyrion - Possible Twist

Hello friends, I've been reading these posts for a while and finally decided to join the conversation. 

I watched the episode for a third time last night and can't help but think there is something more going on with the Lannister story. WHY does Tyrion continue to have terrible plans that fail? WHY does he continue to try to save/spare Cersei? 

Maybe, (hopefully to redeem this somewhat predictable yet not very logical unfolding of events) Cersei and Tyrion conspired in their private meeting last season and have been on the same side ever since. This would explain Tyrion's transformation from "smartest character" to completely incompetent. He frees Jaime and instructs him to ring the bells and open the gates - on the surface this seems like he is trying to save the innocents of King's Landing, but perhaps it is really a ploy between Tyrion and Cersei to let Dany think they are surrendering and then ambush her once her defenses are down. Perhaps Dany found out about their plan beforehand and THAT is why she got so mad and continued to burn King's Landing after the "surrender" - she is enraged that Tyrion would go to such lengths to betray her and she knows that the surrender is false. 

I am aware this is highly unlikely but I wish there was some other way to explain what happened in this episode aside from what D&D gave us and IMO this would be a nice twist in comparison to "Dany's mad because she is a Targ".

What do you think? Is it possible? Are there any other twists that would be interesting?

Probably not. I assume the last WTF moment is happening this episode (and it wasn't just Dany going mad since they kinda telegraphed that one).

But the one last huge WTF moment will be like Shireen and Hodor, where it doesn't make 100% sense, and it a cool scene but doesn't have a ton to do with the overall story.

For whatever reason, D&D just don't like showing us full conversations this season and last. Maybe it's because they are not interested? Or realize they can't write it... I don't know.

We all love Tyrion and wish there was a logical explanation for the dumbing down of the books' smartest and wittiest character. Sadly, the most likely explanation is that we moved beyond the roadmap of Martin's books, and the D's aren't capable of providing the same level of writing for Tyrion. Much of his dialogue early on was taken verbatim from the books. He's now been reduced to poor decision making, and lame, repetitive cock jokes. While your explanation would serve to maintain Tyrion's intelligence, it would also serve to destroy the honesty and integrity that made us grow to love him in the first place.

Archived