Daenerys prediction based on her dream sequence in the tower.

Ricarprs

In the dream sequence Daenerys has at the end of season 2, she walks from the burned out (ashes? Snow?) Throne room through The Wall into the north beyond the walls. 

Is it possible she does not die in episode 8 but is instead banished beyond the wall by a merciful John? This would certainly "break the wheel" because in the game of thrones you win or you die. 

I too rewatched that scene a few weeks ago. 

While it would have been cool if winter had made it as far south as King’s landing, in the show it had not. In the House if the Undying scene it is snow falling (look at the steady rate and speed). Ashes would float down slower and with more randomness as it settled. As for seeing Drogo beyond the wall I think they were just using that setting to symbolize death and that Dany won’t touch the throne and will “be with the Khal” in the afterlife following coming so close to the throne. You hear the dragon screech and then she’s off. She has to die if this is foreshadowing. I just hope it’s not Jon who kills her as that has been predicted by too many.

15 hours ago, Ricarprs said:

In the dream sequence Daenerys has at the end of season 2, she walks from the burned out (ashes? Snow?) Throne room through The Wall into the north beyond the walls. 

Is it possible she does not die in episode 8 but is instead banished beyond the wall by a merciful John? This would certainly "break the wheel" because in the game of thrones you win or you die. 

I doubt it. She's going to see her baby boy & Khal Drogo in GOT heaven. The thing is though. Heaven isn't for Genocidal nutters like what she's become. I think the book will deffo have her less a monster. I think Cersei will be the Mad Queen coz Jaime was supposed to kill her. The showrunners completely changed Dany just for these last 2 episodes. They ruined 7 1/2 seasons!!!!

It is interesting that it was snow and not ash in the dream. The red keep being burned looking makes sense, foreshadows her burning it. But maybe they couldn't do ash since it would expose their hand too early? Maybe it's snow because Jon Snow stops her from getting to the IT (I.E., kills her?). Then her going up north to be Drogo I assume means she will die. I don't know why they show it past the wall, maybe just that her true purpose is out there? makes sense with the NK but after that....

I interpreted the House of the UnHoly as visions of her future as follows:

- Kings Landing will literally be in ruins (done)

- Not touching the IT means she will not rule in the end (to be determined)

- if it is ash, it foreshadows her  burning KL (done)

- if it is snow, winter is coming or (Jon) Snow will be in her future (also done)

- she will go north of the wall in her future (done)

- she will end up up dead like Khal Drogo and her baby (tbd)

The beauty of re-watching is that hindsight is 20-20.

Archived