It is not a pale horse

Areisius

The horse that Arya road off on is not the pale horse of death but the white horse of conquest. 

The White Horse

I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come and see!” I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. ( Revelation 6:1-2)

The Red Horse

When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come and see!” Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword. ( Revelation 6:3-4)

The Black Horse

When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a day’s wages, and three quarts of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!” (Revelation 6:5-6)

The Pale Horse

When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come and see!” I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth. (Revelation 6:7-8)

Jesus also had a white horse in revelation. 

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.  His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.  He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.  And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.  Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.  And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 19:11-16

That horse seemed heavenly to me. Judgement, wrath and fierceness to follow. All that stuff about names.

8 hours ago, Areisius said:

The horse that Arya road off on is not the pale horse of death but the white horse of conquest. 

If (!) the white horse of Arya is a reference to biblical legends, then yes, it is white not pale.

But a white horse might be just a white horse for effect. We shouldn't over-interpret it.

3 hours ago, Kajjo said:

If (!) the white horse of Arya is a reference to biblical legends, then yes, it is white not pale.

But a white horse might be just a white horse for effect. We shouldn't over-interpret it.

I'm just sick of all these youtubers miss quoting the bible when they have obviously never read the book from which it's from. 

3 hours ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Jesus also had a white horse in revelation. 

That horse seemed heavenly to me. Judgement, wrath and fierceness to follow. All that stuff about names.

Arya ain't no judge. SMH.

19 minutes ago, Areisius said:

I'm just sick of all these youtubers miss quoting the bible when they have obviously never read the book from which it's from. 

I see your point. For someone who knows the bible it must be painful to see all these dumb misinterpretations.

Personally, however, I believe there is no deeper meaning to the color. At best, a positive, good color, while Daenerys is dark clothed this time. Simple as that, I reckon. 

3 hours ago, Kajjo said:

I see your point. For someone who knows the bible it must be painful to see all these dumb misinterpretations.

Personally, however, I believe there is no deeper meaning to the color. At best, a positive, good color, while Daenerys is dark clothed this time. Simple as that, I reckon. 

I disagree with usually about 99% of what you say, but I completely agree here.

It appeared to be Harry Strickland's horse. It was just a horse, to me. Nothing more. The little girl who got torched was holding a white horse, but again, there is no additional symbolism.

7 hours ago, Relic said:

Who gives a fuck

It's all faux-symbolic hack writing anyway. Knowing D&D, they probably intended it to be the pale horse of death (BECAUSE ARYA IS DEATH GET IT?) but fucked up and made it white.

Given they couldn't even remember Dickon Tarley was younger than Sam, thus necessitating his exile to the wall, I don't think it's out of the question that they'd suck at biblical trivia. Heck, most Christians do too.

11 hours ago, Kajjo said:

I assumed it was just a horse, there were a bunch of them running around in KL, the Dothraki came in on them, seems like everyone has forgotten that? 

14 hours ago, dbunting said:

I assumed it was just a horse, there were a bunch of them running around in KL, the Dothraki came in on them, seems like everyone has forgotten that? 

Yeah right, in-show I fully agree. As to connotations the directors might want to make, the color scheme can have some relevance, though. Like Daenerys clothes white-grey all the previous S8 episodes and now clothed in dark.

Archived