will we see roasted Jon?

Title says it. We already have Queen of The Ashes, who knows that Jon is a secret Targaryen. Even worse, he has a better claim to the throne. He may be loyal, but he doesn't want to love her. And he definitely won't be happy about what happened in KL. So it's quite natural that Queen would like to see him killed. Most likely he'll be blamed a traitor. And we all know how our beloved Queen deals with the ones she considers to be traitors. It's death by fire.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them passing out. Most of us already expect Arya to go full out on Dany, and threats to Jon would give her even more motivation. That way, we'd have a "bitter" part of our bittersweet ending.

I'm not sure Dany can bring herself to do that.  She blamed the civilians for not over throwing Cersei when their rightful queen was there, but they were all faceless and nameless people to her.  I think she still loves Jon enough that she won't execute him.  I do see Tyrion being in trouble and an attempt to raise Jon to Hand of the Queen. 

My fanfiction here is that Daenerys will die in Jon's arm after he or Arya stabs her. Drogon lands in the throne room, too late to save her. Jon (the last Targaryen) stands up expecting to be killed by Drogon. Drogon rears up as if he is about to incinerate Jon but at the last minute turns his head and his flame burns down/ melts the Iron throne instead  (the actual root of Daenerys' obsession and the root of why she has to die). Drogon will then pick up Dany's body and fly out of the room. As we see them flying away they will slowly disappear. Probably as good a guess as any. We shall see. 

I do not think we will see crispy Jon. I think it is more likely that he will deliver a last blow to "everyone abandoning Dany" when she orders Drogon to go all Dracarys on him... And Drogon refuses. Or alternatively, Jon does the "If you want to burn XYZ, you have to burn me first" and the crazy dragon lady snaps out of it.

8 hours ago, TheSmallOther said:

Title says it. We already have Queen of The Ashes, who knows that Jon is a secret Targaryen. Even worse, he has a better claim to the throne. He may be loyal, but he doesn't want to love her. And he definitely won't be happy about what happened in KL. So it's quite natural that Queen would like to see him killed. Most likely he'll be blamed a traitor. And we all know how our beloved Queen deals with the ones she considers to be traitors. It's death by fire.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them passing out. Most of us already expect Arya to go full out on Dany, and threats to Jon would give her even more motivation. That way, we'd have a "bitter" part of our bittersweet ending.

God, I hope so.  Jon's too stupid to rule. 

I dont get the "drogon carries away Dany's dead body thing" but i keep seeing it repeated.  Drogon has no hands, does that mean he gingerly picks up her corpse with his teeth somehow?  Why?  She's dead, why would he give a shyte about her corpse?  He planing to bury her somewhere?  Burn it in a special place?  Give her a burial at sea?  Eat her later when he gets hungry?  

When Drogon breathes fire on the Red Keep, the bricks are blasted away as if by dynamite.  So why didn't Varys (or the Tarleys) get blasted 100 yards across the field?  OK so maybe he can meter the intensity of his blasts.

So  back to your issue.... Drogon power blasts the ground under Dany's dead body. She is propelled 50 feet up into the air.   Drogon catches her gracefully on his back and flies away.  And yes, he flies her away to a nest of 3 or 5 recently hatched dragon eggs and feeds her to them. 

6 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Nah, the plot armor is too strong for him. D&D still need a "hero" like figure and really are just down to Jon... If they kill him, it will be at the very end.

D&D kinda hate Jon. Why else would be demoted to an extra. Plus all the main characters have insane plot armor, Arya more than everyone else combined.

Think about it. He never has been the hero. Even the times he was supposed to be. Lost the battle of the bastards, got saved by Sansa. Lost beyond the wall, got saved by Dany. Lost the long night, got saved by Arya. I have rarely seen a main character from a popular franchise be this useless.

3 hours ago, Bradam said:

I dont get the "drogon carries away Dany's dead body thing" but i keep seeing it repeated.  Drogon has no hands, does that mean he gingerly picks up her corpse with his teeth somehow?  Why?  She's dead, why would he give a shyte about her corpse?  He planing to bury her somewhere?  Burn it in a special place?  Give her a burial at sea?  Eat her later when he gets hungry?  

You're asking why such a dumb thing could even be a possibility ? From the writers named Dumb & Dumber ?

If she does I gurantee we will see a naked jon there because he is somehow now immune to fire like dany.  Yes I know he got burned in season one but hey it is for the "plot".

I think they are either gonna have jon end up beyond the wall with a smile on his face because it is the place he is accepted for being him. Not for anything else just being him. Or if they want to go way out in left field he rides drogon away with dany holding onto him or vice versa and she is "back to normal" somehow and realizes the throne isn't worth it.

I think that second one would be ridiculous because there is no way someone who is "sane" can go back to being "okay" after doing what fake dany did.

56 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

You're asking why such a dumb thing could even be a possibility ? From the writers named Dumb & Dumber ?

to misquote Ramsey?

"If you think this ending will make sense, you haven't been paying attention"

16 hours ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

D&D kinda hate Jon. Why else would be demoted to an extra. Plus all the main characters have insane plot armor, Arya more than everyone else combined.

Think about it. He never has been the hero. Even the times he was supposed to be. Lost the battle of the bastards, got saved by Sansa. Lost beyond the wall, got saved by Dany. Lost the long night, got saved by Arya. I have rarely seen a main character from a popular franchise be this useless.

I agree he is useless but he has "died" a handful of times in the show. If the whole point of Jon is to die by being burned alive, then why ever bring him back alive? I think his whole purpose in the eyes of D&D is to kill Dany.

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

I agree he is useless but he has "died" a handful of times in the show. If the whole point of Jon is to die by being burned alive, then why ever bring him back alive? I think his whole purpose in the eyes of D&D is to kill Dany.

What was the point of Jamie's redemption arc? What was the point of Bran, becoming a greenseer? Of Bronn, going to Lannister brothers? Heck, what was the point of bringing back Edmure Tully and Blackfish in the last season?

Killing Dany is the purpose of GRRM, that's for sure. It has been his purpose from very early of the story.

44 minutes ago, TheSmallOther said:

What was the point of Jamie's redemption arc? What was the point of Bran, becoming a greenseer? Of Bronn, going to Lannister brothers? Heck, what was the point of bringing back Edmure Tully and Blackfish in the last season?

Killing Dany is the purpose of GRRM, that's for sure. It has been his purpose from very early of the story.

I am not even talking about arcs anymore, D&D I think gave up on arcs a while back. I just mean the purpose of the character in general. Jamie and Cersei's purpose as a character (to force the plot along the way they needed) ended, so they died. Dany going mad is now the focus of the plot and they will have to end it (most likely).

Either you live to see the end of the show or your character's purpose is done and D&D use you for a "shock" moment.

Archived