[SPOILERS] Another theory about what just happened

greenseen

10 minutes ago, Larger than Average Finger said:

I would have accepted Bran Warging the Horse to Arya, beyond that is too much.  A cut to Bran dropping out of eyes rolled back mode after she calmed the horse would have told us he helped, in a way not entirely inconsistent.  Even that though would mean he can Warg at long range, which is new.

He could warg Wylis over quite some distance, right?:)

15 minutes ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

It could also have been possible that all she was doing while torching the city was screaming "Drogon, stop! Bad dragon! Baaaaad dragon! Stop the fire! Anti-Dracarys! Get me oooooofffff!"

But the next episode's preview shows her smiling triumphantly among the smoking ruins, so it kinda removes all doubt about whether the mass murder was intentional.

:lmao::lmao:

Anti-Dracarys!! Loved it!!

In a parody universe  she could still blame Drogon for this: "Bad dragon. Bad Drogon. Hey guys I am scolding him for this. Bad boy...!! See he has regretted it!!"

14 minutes ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

It could also have been possible that all she was doing while torching the city was screaming "Drogon, stop! Bad dragon! Baaaaad dragon! Stop the fire! Anti-Dracarys! Get me oooooofffff!"

But the next episode's preview shows her smiling triumphantly among the smoking ruins, so it kinda removes all doubt about whether the mass murder was intentional.

Fortunately, the preview for episode 6 does not show Daenerys's face at all, smiling or otherwise. It only shows her from the back for a few seconds. For all we know, her hidden face in the preview was registering shock and disbelief: "How in the world did all this happen?"

I want to reiterate that I am not predicting anything for episode 6. All I am doing is indicating the only way that the episode can save Game of Thrones for me. It's hope, not prophecy. :)

5 minutes ago, The Red Waste said:

Five stages of grief:

Denial 

Anger

Bargaining 

Depression 

Acceptance 

Sorry bud, this smells like a stage 3 theory.

Haha, you’re probably right! But I still want to stay in this phase a little bit longer. I guess depression next week then:)

1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I think a mad Dany could work in the books, given by the end of ADWD, she's deliriously dreaming in the Dothraki Sea suffering from dysentery after hard-ragequitting Meereen. She's actually suffering a little sanity-wise, so given time and commitment to such an arc, it could work.

The problem with Show-Dany is there hasn't been any indication she'd mass-torch innocents after their associated city has surrendered. She's ruthless, yes, but not illogically insane.

This. so much this. There is an angle in the books where Dany going crazy could work.  Hell, I've been hoping for her to just burn Meereen to the ground.  Great way to suddenly end that annoying storyline and get her moving again. Should have done that on the show.  

Definitely not in line with what we've come to expect from Dany on the show. There hasn't been a set up for this. It would have worked a lot better if Cersei had planted wildfire throughout the city to make Dany look crazy, as a last f*** you. Have Dany fly up and blast the red keep with dragonfire, killing cersei and igniting the wildfire.  Then everyone thinks Dany was responsible.  Still would have been dumb, but less dumb. 

The real mad queen in the show has been cersei, but she got the heartfelt send off as half of a pair of star-crossed lovers, rather than getting immolated as psycho incest lady. 

the more I think about this (and maybe I am clutching at straws) is that maybe jon was warged too by bran - would explain his lack of comms - especially with dany

also could link to the nissa nissa prophecy , tempering sword in heart of lion (lannisters/KL) and then nissa nissa (dany)

2 hours ago, Geof said:

Fortunately, the preview for episode 6 does not show Daenerys's face at all, smiling or otherwise. It only shows her from the back for a few seconds. For all we know, her hidden face in the preview was registering shock and disbelief: "How in the world did all this happen?"

Weird, I could have sworn...

Mandela effect, I suppose. So there's still a sliver of hope...

I want to add that this theory may mean that Drogons dragon’s breath is powered by humans burning to their death. This because dragons are creatures that, for obvious reasons, play a big part in the agenda of Lord of Light. It would explain why Drogon’s fire never depleted, which seems to frustrate so many. It would also explain why the fire rather got stronger and stronger as the sacking continued. Towards the end, Drogon was more imba than ever before.

Warging, visions, time travel, resurrections, dragon’s breath - it all requires death by fire. “Death by fire is the purest death”.

14 hours ago, greenseen said:

We didn’t see Dany’s eyes/expression/body language up close after the bells rang and Drogon took off, right?

This is certainly an interesting and creative theory, but I just don't think it's going to happen. I think the purpose of not showing Dany's face during her rampage or on the preview for next episode was to keep us wondering if she went crazy or is just ruthlessly cruel. I do hope Bran does something in the finale though - his ultimate purpose in becoming the three-eyed raven can't have just been to reveal Jon's parentage and then serve as Night King bait.

:uhoh:

...Right? 

2 hours ago, a girl knows nothing said:

... I do hope Bran does something in the finale though - his ultimate purpose in becoming the three-eyed raven can't have just been to reveal Jon's parentage and then serve as Night King bait.

:uhoh:

...Right? 

Sorry mate, the writers have shown they don't care about the careful setup of theories and possibilities of the books.  So yeah, that's probably all that Bran will be used for.

As for the OP, wishful thinking my friend. The show isn't smart enough to do anything like that with Bran and Dany. Dany did the deed on her own - come to terms with it and move on :-)

The 3ER has never been shown to have the ability to Warg, ever, not in the books or show, only Bran. So why include it in a theory?

We saw the NK get destroyed, why assume he has tricks up his sleeve? He is gone as is his army. They were never the true threat to humanity, humans are.

3ER-Bran has stated on screen, "I don't really want anything".... "the 3ER is man kinds history"....   why can't we just take him at his word and not make him some end all be all powerful god of fire?

Brans view of KL from Dragon back has to be 1st person, if it wasn't then we would've know long ago that Dany would by flying a dragon over KL. They didn't want us to know that yet because then we would know she gets there and flies on dragons, we didn't know that yet when that scene was shown to us.

Dany has shown us from S2 on that she is fire and blood, wouldn't she fit more as the fire gods weapon? She told us and anyone else who would listen that she will take what is hers no matter the cost. When she arrived at Qarth she threatened to burn the entire city if they didn't take her in. She has made this threat and carried it out, so why is it so hard to believe that she did exactly what she has been telling us she would do for 9 years? Yes it sucks to see that she snapped and killed innocents, but isn't that exactly what she threatened Qarth with?

Archived