Prediction for finale

nzjamesk

The entire show is setting up for history to repeat itself

20 years ago the death of Lyanna Stark and the atrocities of Aerys Targaryen resulted in Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon going to war, defeating the Targaryen armies, Jaime Lannister stabbing Aerys in the back in the throne room and clearing the way for Robert Baratheon to take the throne.

Now replace Lyanna Stark with Sansa Stark, Aerys with Danaerys (his daughter), Ned Stark with Jon Stark (his step-son), Robert with Gendry (His son) and Jaime with Tyrion (his brother)

Sansa stark has been marked for death by Danaerys, who told Jon that Sansa has betrayed them. Just like Varys did. The finale will open with Danaerys executing Sansa, inflaming the north and Jon against her.

Jon will request the help of gendry who will bring the armies of storms end and the riverlands to fight, much like Ned and Robert did many decades ago, realising the mad queen needs to be overthrown.

Meanwhile, Tyrion has been perfectly set up to be very on the fence about his loyalty, and deep down he knows he was wrong and in bringing her here, is partly responsible. He will kill her by stabbing her in the throne room, ending her reign and becoming the new kingslayer.

Jon does not want the throne and Gendry as Roberts last surviving heir is next in line for the throne based on the Baratheon succession, with Stannis and Renly dead. He will ascend. Jon will return north as Warden of the north.

History repeats.

It also works if you switch Sansa and Jon so the genetic parentage pattern holds. Lyanna is mother to Jon so perhaps Jon will be executed at the opening of episode 6, then Sansa (Ned starks biological daughter) will join with Gendry to fight the war, and go back North to become warden(ess) of the North.

And if that's not enough to get you excited, what about Arya? She just had a character life changing scene where she turned from a life of death and revenge and came back to her humanity. She then left on a horse. Why? Where is she going? What was the last thing to happen to her on a personal level? That's right, Gendry proposed. She is going to accept his offer. When Gendry joins the fight against Danaerys, Arya will be at her side (and will probably kill the dragon). And if Arya is with Gendry..... Arya will be queen!

The mad King didn’t have living dragons during the battle of the Trident. I don’t see how an army could be raised to fight Dany and her army and Drogon. She has to be assassinated or commit suicide basically. She has complete power except for still trusting anyone still supports her.

3 hours ago, Theon’sdick said:

I don’t see how an army could be raised to fight Dany and her army and Drogon. She has to be assassinated or commit suicide basically. She has complete power except for still trusting anyone still supports her.

I agree. Daenerys is done with walking on eggshells when it comes to the lords of Westeros. Considering what she did to King's Landing, I doubt there will be a lord dumb enough to be in open rebellion against her. But supporting her is not a matter of trust anymore. Remember what Olenna told her last season: the only way the other lords will be loyal to her is if they fear her. And they're definitely afraid of her now. Now you might say "what if everyone turns against her". How many lords would be willing to continue a rebellion, if their lands are blasted by a dragon?

Dany has a dragon that can kill everything and all armies apparently. So you won't beat Dany by force as the show has shown us last episode. Arya's "life changing scene" probably lasts for 10 seconds as then she decides to go back on murderous rampage and try to kill Dany.

I agree a history repeats itself ending would be nice, but there isn't enough time to set up half the things you said, let alone execute them. It's going to be rushed so Dany gets assassinated and for some reason her army and dragon won't go mad and kill everyone because of reasons.

Dany will see Jon whilst she's on Drogon. She lands & faces him. She just needs to say that word to win the war & kill Jon but she hesitates. Just like how Ygritte that slight hesitation is the end of Dany. She can't find it in herself to burn the one she loves.

Ayra has been training with her bow & arrow all season & has yet to use them. Dany has green eyes!!! In her hesitation, Ayra shoots an arrow into Dany's back. It bursts out through her stomach. She falls off Drogon. Her child tends to her mother making himself vulnerable for attack.

Guess who's back. Bronn, with a makeshift scorpion to complete what he started in season 7. He shoots the scorpion spear into Drogon's neck. Blood gushes out & Dany screams. Her last child is dying in front of her. She crawls to his aid, pulling her bloodied, broken body across the dirt. Drogon's blood is now drenching Dany's clothing. Her silver hair now deep red with her child's blood. She reaches out to touch his cheek. He opens his eyes one last time to gaze upon his mother, takes one last breath, then he is no more.

Dany is inconsolable, Jon walks up to her dying body to hold her in his arms. He still loves her even though she's barmy. She tells him, "you, you & your family have taken everything from me. My childhood, my throne & my loves". Jon, with tears welling up, apologises in the weak manner he always does. I doubt Dany's last words will be "you know nothing, Jon Snow". But she will say something before she croaks.

This will be the most gruesome part. I can't see the Northern & allied forces defeat the Unsullied & the Dothraki so,,,,,,,, Ayra will cut Danys face off to become her & order the Unsullied to kill the Dothraki, whoever is left will be picked off by the allied Northerners.

The other option is that Bran wargs into Drogon, chucks Dany off. Dany witnesses Drogon kill the Unsullied & Dothraki, then Ayra Shoots her with an arrow. Drogon then becomes Jons or Bran will have him commit suicide. 

Because Jon will be holding Dany's corpse everyone will think he killed her, therefore becoming the queen slayer. A label he will hate for the rest of his life.

He will bury Dany in his favourite place so she can rest for 1000 years.

Ayra's days of killing are over. She changes her mind about ladies.

Jon's punishment to Sansa for betraying his trust is for her to marry someone away from the north.

Bronn gets his Castle.

Tyrion remains the hand of the king as the Onion guy is dead. Could fight to literally save his life.

Jon becomes the lonely, miserable, sulking, queen slayer king.

3 hours ago, Bobdjoker said:

The other option is that Bran wargs into Drogon, chucks Dany off. Dany witnesses Drogon kill the Unsullied & Dothraki, then Ayra Shoots her with an arrow. Drogon then becomes Jons or Bran will have him commit suicide. 

I was literally coming here just to post something like this. I think it's a foregone conclusion at this point that Bran wargs into Drogon and does something. Drogon is a massive chess piece that has to be taken off the board if Dany is going to be overthrown. 

Bran can warg into small birds and his own pet wolf, and a traumatized stable-boy.  A dragon may be too strong a personality to be controlled, from a distance.  Bran has never actually encountered Drogon face to face.  And thinking Bran could control a personality like Danaerys is complete nonsense.

My money is on Bronn.   He's the only living person who has actually shot a dragon with a scorpion.  GRRM dragons are vulnerable, even to hand thrown spears apparently.   Not at all like JRRT dragons where you need one bolt to dislodge a scale, a second bolt in the exact same spot to pierce the hide.  Yes Bronn is our hope, else we wouldn't have seen him at all in season 8.

Jon is already dead.

He left Ghost at Winterfell, "his" dragon is dead and himself was killed already. He was resucitated with a scope, that is to kill Daenerys. 

Varys has summoned the remains of surviving houses, we'll see armies of Dorne, Highgarden maybe to fight for the rightful king.

Daenerys is mad and wants to burn the whole Westeros, after having killed Tyrion who  has done the last error to her eyes.

Arya tries to kill Daneris, so to save her Jon kills Daneris and is killed in return. 

Only Sansa is left, marries the prince of Dorne already mentioned and becomes queen.

There.

Bittersweet deluding ending, can you think of something worse?

5 minutes ago, Kikajon said:

Jon is already dead.

He left Ghost at Winterfell, "his" dragon is dead and himself was killed already. He was resucitated with a scope, that is to kill Daenerys. 

Varys has summoned the remains of surviving houses, we'll see armies of Dorne, Highgarden maybe to fight for the rightful king.

Daenerys is mad and wants to burn the whole Westeros, after having killed Tyrion who  has done the last error to her eyes.

Arya tries to kill Daneris, so to save her Jon kills Daneris and is killed in return. 

Only Sansa is left, marries the prince of Dorne already mentioned and becomes queen.

There.

Bittersweet deluding ending, can you think of something worse?

I agree with most of it except that I think Tyrion escapes execution as he has had practice at that. 

Bronn will save Tyrion and Jon will die when Danny does.

2 minutes ago, hallam said:

I agree with most of it except that I think Tyrion escapes execution as he has had practice at that. 

Bronn will save Tyrion and Jon will die when Danny does.

you are most likely right, this is my second hypotesis but also the most likely one.

In a surprising twist that only D&D could write, a half human-half dragon emerges from the caves beneath Dragonstone, and claims the throne. Jarhaerys-Jarhaerys and his people, the gungans, rule Westeros for eons.  

One possible narrative.  Not a spoiler because like Jon or Sergeant Schultz, I know nothing

Daenerys orders Sansa and Starks arrested and brought to Kings Landing.  She also orders all Lords of the Houses to attend Kings Landing to bend a knee. Everybody including Briene, Gendry etc come for the final confrontation in the last episode.  Daenerys intends (to put to trial and) to execute (burn) Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran (i.e. all Starks), any Lords who refuses to bend a knee, and any other persons she perceives to be disloyal or potentially disloyal.  She plans to drain the swamp once and for all and be the supreme undisputed ruler.  

The Lords having received Varys' letters, know that Jon should be the true King and are revolted by Daenerys' massacre. A further civil war is a possibility.

Arya tries to kill Daenerys but is stopped and captured.

Jon stands up to Dany to defend his family and friends from being executed.  Jon issues a challenge to Daenerys to prevent civil war, prevent any more unnecessary bloodshed and to settle the game of thrones once and for all by a trial of single combat.  If Jon wins, Daenerys will take her armies and return to Essos. If Jon loses, everybody will bend a knee to Daenerys and she will let them all live. Jon's supporters agree and Daenerys surprisingly accepts the challenge and chooses Grey Worm as her champion. 

Grey Worm will fight for the Queen (GW is absolutely loyal to Dany and still in blood lust after death of Missandei) against Jon who defends all of his family and friends who stand to be executed by fire. There is a terrific battle between the two. Jon wins the trial by combat and Grey Worm dies.  However, Jon suffers mortal injuries and will eventually die in the end. Like Beric, Jon was brought back to life for a purpose, and once he fulfils his purpose, he will die.

Even though Jon wins the trial by combat, evil Dany reneges on her promise and still gives the "dracarys" command to burn everybody anyways.  However, Dany is surprised that Bran has warged into and now controls Drogon.  

Jon finally realizes he has no choice but to kill Dany. So, Jon stabs her and she dies in his arms.  Daenerys' vision in the House of the Unholy is fulfilled (she will not rule on the IT and she ends up dead like Khal Drogo and their stillborn son). 

Before dying of his wounds, Jon orders the Queen-less Unsullied and Dothraki to return to Essos.  The Unsullied and Dothraki hesitate a moment, but quickly agree when Drogon (Bran) gives them all a threatening stare.  

Jon also decrees that his claim to throne should pass to his sister(cousin) Sansa and Tyrion (who i believe are still legally married). Jon dies.  Sansa and Tyrion become the benevolent rulers of Westeros.  

Bron pops his head out of the crowd, catches Tyrion's eye and gives him a wink and a thumbs up.

Either jon will kill fake dany,jon and fake dany will fly off together leaving the evil throne behind (would make no sense),or jon goes beyond the wall and fake dany stays and rules.

Tyrion will die  when he tells fake dany not to kill sansa. I think they might actually suprise us with arya by having her not go after fake dany.

Or they will find some way to make it even worse.

All that archery practise Arya has been doing, I think she's taking someone out of the game, either greyworm or shooting Drogon in the eye.. I think Jon will kill Danny... I really hope Sansa (the betrayer of secrets and untrustworthy) does not end up on the throne... that would be devastating 

• Dany is super paranoid towards everyone. The only one that she allows near her is the blood of the dragon, Jon. This leads to a kingslayer like situation where Jon has to kill her.
  • Sweetrobin and Edmure cameos
  • Jon is crowned king of Westeros, Bran becomes either his hand or master of spies
  • The North is proclaimed independent with Sansa as their queen. We get no mention that since there's no males left, there will be no children that bear the name Stark
  • Arya's last scene will be with Gendry telling him that she's going to sail abroad to go on an adventure.
  • We see Tormund building a settlement up North, he pets Ghost
  • Jon makes Tyrion lord of Castery Rock. Peter Dinklage does a fantastic performance that scene. Then he makes a Tyrionism.
  • We're going to get at least one T-shirt slogan

13 hours ago, adiman83 said:

I agree. Daenerys is done with walking on eggshells when it comes to the lords of Westeros. Considering what she did to King's Landing, I doubt there will be a lord dumb enough to be in open rebellion against her. But supporting her is not a matter of trust anymore. Remember what Olenna told her last season: the only way the other lords will be loyal to her is if they fear her. And they're definitely afraid of her now. Now you might say "what if everyone turns against her". How many lords would be willing to continue a rebellion, if their lands are blasted by a dragon?

Jon will do it. Stupidity for the win over madness!

Archived