Prediction for finale

nzjamesk

On 5/15/2019 at 9:20 AM, adiman83 said:

I agree. Daenerys is done with walking on eggshells when it comes to the lords of Westeros. Considering what she did to King's Landing, I doubt there will be a lord dumb enough to be in open rebellion against her. But supporting her is not a matter of trust anymore. Remember what Olenna told her last season: the only way the other lords will be loyal to her is if they fear her. And they're definitely afraid of her now. Now you might say "what if everyone turns against her". How many lords would be willing to continue a rebellion, if their lands are blasted by a dragon?

The Dornish come to mind.  ;)

On 5/16/2019 at 3:04 PM, Anthony Pirtle said:

I can't see any other way that this show ends than Jon trying to kill Daenerys. She's now a genocidal lunatic who is also angry at the North (and Sansa in particular). He wouldn't be the man he is if he didn't try to stop her. Whether or not he succeeds depends on just how much darker the show wants to get. 

We have to be shown that.  She may not actually be 'mad' or a lunatic.  Also, she didn't commit 'genocide', per se.  She committed an atrocity and mass slaughter.

I do agree that any attempt on Dany's part to harm any of the Starks would motivate Jon to action.

Daenerys is killed by Jon.

Jon joins a new Night's Watch. It's not about protecting the realms of men from the White Walkers, it never was.

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

That is exactly what Jon accomplishes by killing Daenerys. The Night's Watch won't be watch on the ice wall, they will be watching over the whole of Westeros. They are essentially the "Avengers" of Westeros. The White Walkers were just one threat, as there will be others.

Love is the bane of honor, the death of duty.

Well ex nihilo nihil would be a fitting description for the end. It was a bad season. Until now, the only sequence I really liked was Drogon moving from behind Dany, into the light, at Varys’ execution, like there’s always something ominous and dark in the back of our minds coming forward at times to do horrible things.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:58 AM, Aurane said:

We get no mention that since there's no males left, there will be no children that bear the name Stark

Thats wrong, just look at house Mormont. Maege has five daughters: her eldest and heir, Dacey; and Alysane, Lyra, Jorelle, and Lyanna, they all have the name Mormont. Sansa can very much have Stark children and the current line of Starks are decended from a woman anyway, Brandon the Daughterless's daughter. I'm pretty sure any of the houses in ASoIaF that are thousands of years old will have had at least one female carry the name on.

I’m sure it won’t end like this, but in reality it would be very possible that Dany sits on the throne hated, but feared. Her forefathers have ruled for 5000 years by fear. I’m sure they didn’t convince the lockstep legions of Ghis to yield with a appealing political platform.

Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pip bow and Aragon says ...... Oh wait, srry.  

Arya, wearing the face of Littlefinger, kills Dany.  Drogon picks up Danys body and flies away with it, to the Land of Always Winter.  Jon is acclaimed King.  Jon (thinking 'are you crazy? wtf? would want this shit?') politely declines.  Jon leaves to go north, finds a nice two-story right next to Tormund's ranch style, and moves in with Ghost.  There is a pretty girl right down the street named Val.  Jon ponders how to approach.

Meanwhile, Oathbreaker Sansa gets to be Warden of the North and the Lady of Winterfell.  Arya is found, dead, after the show melts, with Needle in her hand.  Bran gets to be Bran and an advisor to Tyrion, who is advisor to the King and Queen, Brienne and Gendry. Greyworm is shopping for a plastic surgeon.

Prediction: Instead of accepting the City's surrender Daenerys' chose to burn Kings Landing to keep Jon or Tyrion from being able to claim the victory. She wanted to leave no doubt that it was Daenerys that conqured the Iron Throne.

Sansa survives and is either Queen or Wardeness of the North.  She (re)marries Tyrion

Arya and Gendry get together.  They are either Lord and Lady of Storms End or King and Queen of the 7 (plus or minus) Kingdoms

Sam assumes Lordship of Horn Hill

Dany either dies or exiles herself (Dragonstone?  Vaes Dothrak?  Meereen?).  Likely dies.

Grey Worm dies or ends up on Naath.

Bronn gets his castle.

Jon goes north of the Wall to live in the Real North.

Dorne secedes from the 7 Kingdoms.

Aegon created House Baratheon to reward his best General and potential bastard brother. Centuries later as we all know this house ended the Targ rule. 

Dany reinstated House Baratheon by making Gendry another bastard Lord of storms end. Could history repeat itself with another Baratheon taking the throne from them? 

I can see Dany realizing that she doesn’t belong and that after what she’s done she can’t rule anymore. She gives up the throne and flies home with her real people leaving the throne to Jon. Jon has no interest in ruling and gives it to Gendry who would be at that point the rightful heir. A commoner rules and the wheel is finally broken. 

Sansa survives and is either Queen or Wardeness of the North.  She (re)marries Tyrion

Arya and Gendry get together.  They are either Lord and Lady of Storms End or King and Queen of the 7 (plus or minus) Kingdoms

Sam assumes Lordship of Horn Hill

Dany either dies or exiles herself (Dragonstone?  Vaes Dothrak?  Meereen?).  Likely dies.

Grey Worm dies or ends up on Naath.

Bronn gets his castle.

Jon goes north of the Wall to live in the Real North.

Dorne secedes from the 7 Kingdoms.

If Drogon dies (and I hope he doesn't), it will be from being 'swarmed' by a mob.  Or from Checkov's Crossbow.

Jon will get all breathy at some point.The action will slow,the music will stop and Jon will start breathing loudly.

But at the same time his breathing will be profound and hugely significant to the overarching narrative.

Sansa becomes either Queen in the North/Wardenness in the North/in general remains ruler of the North 

Dany dies, either by Arya or Jon. I'm hedging on Jon because it's more tragic. And it can't be Arya wearing Jon's face because he'd have to be dead for that to happen.

Tyrion stands trial and somehow survives, probably because Dany dies, and does...something. Finally gets Casterly Rock or whatever.

Bran wargs into Drogon and that's why Drogon doesn't roast everyone on trial.

Jon rejects the throne and someone else gets it. Probably someone who doesn't deserve it or makes no sense.

Bronn finally gets his fucking castle and fucks off never to be heard from again until Highgarden is in shambles because wtf did they expect with Bronn

Arya goes off to travel with Gendry in tow

Archived