Bran's role = messing things up for the living

Amris

15 hours ago, Nightwish said:

Also the Wall wouldn't have fallen. It was Bran that send the raven to John and panicked him setting the Wight expedition into motion. Without Bran's vision everything would have stayed in place since NK wouldn't have gotten a dragon. 

Oh, right! Thank you for reminding me.

15 hours ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

all of this has blown my mind - this could be the third twist - that bran is the criminal master mind! or perhaps this a way of the CotF getting revenge on men?

Wow! - I didn't think my own chain of reasoning to its logical conclusion. You did. And I must repeat: wow. Yes, that seems possible.

Who is Bran nowaday?

He is the impersonification of all the greenseers that came before him or so I understand. And as far as we know nearly all those greenseers were CotF, except for Bloodraven. If that's true then that means what Bran is inhabited by nowadays is like 95% CotF greenseers. So it seems logical he would further CotF interests, not human interests.

8 minutes ago, Amris said:

Wow! - I didn't think my own chain of reasoning to its logical conclusion. You did. And I must repeat: wow. Yes, that seems possible.

Who is Bran nowaday?

He is the impersonification of all the greenseers that came before him or so I understand. And as far as we know nearly all those greenseers were CotF, except for Bloodraven. If that's true then that means what Bran is inhabited by nowadays is like 95% CotF greenseers. So it seems logical he would further CotF interests, not human interests.

If this is true then I think this is the third twist - check out the nissa nissa prophecy it fits too.

If dany was also warged by bran when she burned KL also...

It makes complete sense...

12 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

If this is true then I think this is the third twist - check out the nissa nissa prophecy it fits too.

If dany was also warged by bran when she burned KL also...

It makes complete sense...

What do you mean the nissa nissa prophecy fits?

Like Jon stabbing Dany? But where are the first two attempts at 'forging' then? I don't remember Jon stabbing a Lion.

Or Bran being the 'last hero' stabbing Dany metaphorically by warging her?

When did Bran stab a Lion though? Did he warg Tyrion also and that's the reason for Tyrion's bad advice?

I am starting to get confused :P

Bran is behaving strange for sure (stranger than "normal" I mean.)
Not only was all the talk of him having to "be ready" when the NK comes just a red herring (he genuinely did nothing at all during the long night).

He clearly also knew what Daenerys would do given the path she and everyone else was currently on (he's seen it in a vision if nothing else) but ultimately did nothing to stop it nor told anyone, quite the opposite in fact. He knew what pushing Sam to tell Jon at that moment would lead to. He knew what Jon telling Sansa would lead to. He knew that Jamie would go back to Cersei and cause Tyrion to commit his final(?) betrayal if he wasn't executed when he arrived north (it's not like Jamie actually did something important during the long night anyway).

For better or worse, Bran can easily be considered a puppeteer and a master manipulator if the show decides to go down that path in the last episode. 
Bran is ultimately my last hope that the ending will make any form of sense. 

1 minute ago, kevinbgwrites said:

The real answer I think is they have just really dropped the ball with Bran's story.

They overtly state he is training to fight the Nights King. His whole arc was towards that until they turned him into an exposition device.

Sadly you are most likely right given the writing D&D have shown themselves as being capable of, once they got past the books. There may be a tiny sliver of hope since the ending of the show has been indicated as being quite close to the books. It is best not to hope, of course.

What if Bran did warg into Drogon and Daenerys couldn’t do anything to avoid all of this madness? Last time we saw Daenerys on screen she was upset but clearly looking at the Red Keep...i mean she would have gone straight to Cersei without killing sooooo many innocents

Bran as a character is annoying. I think he’s been consumed by this “three eyed raven” and genuinely doesn’t see himself as a Stark anymore (at least in the TV series). And he is a negative factor, nothing he has done has been remotely positive... but it depends how he features in the books, because he could have been useful in this final battle, he would have been the ultimate spy, would have been able to fly over KL and they could have tactically gone in and avoided losing Rhaegal and Missandei.... but all we’ve seen is Bran go full on Undertaker during the battle of Winterfell and then have a stare down with the NK. 

In short, he’s a little bastard with a big wooden spoon, a big spoon to stir his shit in his big old pot. Hopefully Drogon burns him and his chair to ashes..... then he can warg into a dust particle and piss off.

1 hour ago, Amris said:

What do you mean the nissa nissa prophecy fits?

Like Jon stabbing Dany? But where are the first two attempts at 'forging' then? I don't remember Jon stabbing a Lion.

Or Bran being the 'last hero' stabbing Dany metaphorically by warging her?

When did Bran stab a Lion though? Did he warg Tyrion also and that's the reason for Tyrion's bad advice?

I am starting to get confused :P

hiya

I am not an expert but I am getting CHILLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The cotf created the night king to kill humans. this did not work, so perhaps they thought of different ways. they captured blood raven, and he messed with the mind of aerys, the mad king, created chaos and war. this did don't completely work the first time, so they consider a new plan - infiltration....along comes dany with nuclear weapons!

The targaryens madness is a convienient cover for them being manipulated by the the 3ER/cotf. Dany could have been controlled or drogon while nuking KL

It is also possible others may have been warged - jon with any interactions with dany. it was so dark in most of the rooms and he spoke very little. BIT OF A STRETCH THIS ONE

nissa nissa prophecy:

Darkness lay over the world (ashes over KL) and Azor Ahai was the hero chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water (ICE - NIGHTS KING?) the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over. The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart (LION = LANNISTERS/KL), but once more the steel shattered. The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew before hand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and a hundred nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife (DANY)and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her breast, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer. 

Nissa Nissa was the wife of the legendary hero Azor Ahai. In order to unleash the powers of the sword Lightbringer so that he could defeat the darkness of the Great Other, he had to sacrifice her by plunging it into her heart.[1]

Bran is the great other...

• Azor Ahai was born amidst smoke and salt
  • Azor Ahai will make the world anew
  • Azor Ahai will triumph over darkness will bring a summer that will never end
  • Death (Arya and others when jon gets his reveal) itself will bend its knee, and all those who die fighting in Azor Ahai's cause shall be reborn

I hope for these things to be resolved in the final ep

35 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

hiya

I am not an expert but I am getting CHILLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The cotf created the night king to kill humans. this did not work, so perhaps they thought of different ways. they captured blood raven, and he messed with the mind of aerys, the mad king, created chaos and war. this did don't completely work the first time, so they consider a new plan - infiltration....along comes dany with nuclear weapons!

The targaryens madness is a convienient cover for them being manipulated by the the 3ER/cotf. Dany could have been controlled or drogon while nuking KL

It is also possible others may have been warged - jon with any interactions with dany. it was so dark in most of the rooms and he spoke very little. BIT OF A STRETCH THIS ONE

nissa nissa prophecy:

Darkness lay over the world (ashes over KL) and Azor Ahai was the hero chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water (ICE - NIGHTS KING?) the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over. The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart (LION = LANNISTERS/KL), but once more the steel shattered. The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew before hand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and a hundred nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife (DANY)and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her breast, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer. 

Nissa Nissa was the wife of the legendary hero Azor Ahai. In order to unleash the powers of the sword Lightbringer so that he could defeat the darkness of the Great Other, he had to sacrifice her by plunging it into her heart.[1]

Bran is the great other...

• Azor Ahai was born amidst smoke and salt
  • Azor Ahai will make the world anew
  • Azor Ahai will triumph over darkness will bring a summer that will never end
  • Death (Arya and others when jon gets his reveal) itself will bend its knee, and all those who die fighting in Azor Ahai's cause shall be reborn

I hope for these things to be resolved in the final ep

Sounds like Dany to me...... dun dun duuuuuuuuuun

2 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

For better or worse, Bran can easily be considered a puppeteer and a master manipulator if the show decides to go down that path in the last episode. 
Bran is ultimately my last hope that the ending will make any form of sense. 

Agree. It *explains* things - not least the Daenerys Brain Snap, which was very abrupt indeed, no matter how many, er, subtle hints had been dropped earlier.

On the other hand, this means magic isn't dead after all! Just when I'd resigned myself to New Rational Enlightened Planetos! Oh, the humanity... :lmao:

3 hours ago, Ser Hedge said:

Sadly you are most likely right given the writing D&D have shown themselves as being capable of, once they got past the books. There may be a tiny sliver of hope since the ending of the show has been indicated as being quite close to the books. It is best not to hope, of course.

I really hope this is not the case...it will make for such disappointment...

16 minutes ago, Gendelsdottir said:

Agree. It *explains* things - not least the Daenerys Brain Snap, which was very abrupt indeed, no matter how many, er, subtle hints had been dropped earlier.

On the other hand, this means magic isn't dead after all! Just when I'd resigned myself to New Rational Enlightened Planetos! Oh, the humanity... :lmao:

Yes, it would explain things. And give me back at least a little faith in the story.

However I'm not sure if we are maybe ascribing to much finesse to D&D;

What I've seen out of season 7 and 8 doesn't fill me with a lot of optimism about logic and story consistency. Yes, D&D are definitely using Bran as a means to throw several spanners in our heroes' plans. But in my experience with the show it is unfortunately quite likely they haven't been giving much thought as to Bran's or the CotFs' motives. That would mean there is no real motive and no plan behind Bran's actions. Aside from being a convenient plot device to mess things up.

That's why I'm afraid it may turn out Dany did indeed suddenly (over the course of a single episode) convert from a caring individual who kept putting her person behind in order to help the helpless to a mass murderer out for the blood of innocent children. I think that happened for shock value only. Especially since it happens after she had already won and it did not even remotely make military sense anymore. That's even more shocking. So shock was what they were after, logic be damned.

And I fear Bran had nothing to do with it (aside from doing his utmost in messing up Jon's and Dany's relationship at the worst possible time. But out of pure plot convenience, not out of some sinister CotF plan.)

1 minute ago, Amris said:

Yes, it would explain things. And give me back at least a little faith in the story.

However I'm not sure if we are maybe ascribing to much finesse to D&D;

What I've seen out of season 7 and 8 doesn't fill me with a lot of optimism about logic and story consistency. Yes, D&D are definitely using Bran as a means to throw several spanners in our heroes' plans. But in my experience with the show it is unfortunately quite likely they haven't been giving much thought as to Bran's or the CotFs' motives. That would mean there is no real motive and no plan behind Bran's actions. Aside from being a convenient plot device to mess things up.

That's why I'm afraid it may turn out Dany did indeed suddenly (over the course of a single episode) convert from a caring individual who kept putting her person behind in order to help the helpless to a mass murderer out for the blood of innocent children. I think that happened for shock value only. Especially since it happens after she had already won and it did not even remotely make military sense anymore. That's even more shocking. So shock was what they were after, logic be damned.

And I fear Bran had nothing to do with it (aside from doing his utmost in messing up Jon's and Dany's relationship at the worst possible time. But out of pure plot convenience, not out of some sinister CotF plan.)

yes thinking about and what others are commenting on, it will probably mean that in the show, it will be sweet ol bran being the king with no nefarious purpose, but in the books it may be different.

it would restore my faith also, cos it has been a downright massive disappointment ...however did they guarantee a 3rd twist? if so there may be hope but as a poster states...it will be the last thing to die...

11 minutes ago, Amris said:

... I fear Bran had nothing to do with [Dany's sudden conversion from caring individual to mass murderer].

If that's how it unfolds, the showrunners will have blown a great opportunity to restore some believability to the show. I'm prepared to be disappointed, but still have a tiny bit of hope. As @Sir Hedge of Hog says, hope is the last thing to die. :D

Archived