Bran's role = messing things up for the living

Amris

2 hours ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

yes she is nissa nissa

forget about nissa nissa pls... wasn't in the show, is not setup, therefore cannot be a conclusive payoff either.

Apart from that I can see that Bran had some things to do with recent events.

I fully don't expect anymore closure on Brans story, he might feature on Sunday but I doubt theres any revelations or character development now. His sole purpose was the Others and that story had no real culmination and thus Brans doesn't really. Its been an utter hash but they could have done this whole story without the others or Bran and it wouldn't have really made any difference.

Sam would have read about Jons lineage and apparently Night Kings purpose was to kill Bran, Brans purpose was to stop the Night King and thus they balance each other out in a pointless story that started and ended up going nowhere.

FirstMen vs CotF

The Others ?

Last Hero meets the CotF

CotF create NK

13LK marry NQ

NK=leader of WW

Bloodraven=Brynden Targaryen first men bloodline

Brann meet CotF

Meera to Brann "you died in that cave"

Brann "i am not Brann anymore"

Brann=Bloodraven

NK wants to kill Brann

Jon: "You don't understand"

Ghost=Jon Snow trusted companion

Jon revived, Jon=Aegon Targaryen

Staredown between Drogon and Jon

Jon let Ghost go.

Dragon has three heads

Daenerys Targaryen burn King`s Landing

"the things we do for love"

"love is the death of duty"

“Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.”

“The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.”

"kill the boy release the man"

"the ink is dry, the past is already written"

If Brann is CotF puppet who used him to destroy the realm of men or Brynden Targaryen who tries to seize power and Jon is going to kill him i will be blown away.

46 minutes ago, Pacala said:

FirstMen vs CotF

The Others ?

Last Hero meets the CotF

CotF create NK

13LK marry NQ

NK=leader of WW

Brann meet CotF

Brann=Bloodraven

NK wants to kill Brann

Jon let Ghost go.

Dragon has three heads

“Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.”

“The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.”

If Brann is CotF puppet who used him to destroy the realm of men or Brynden Targaryen who tries to seize power and Jon is going to kill him i will be blown away.

I believe this is the WTF - the 3rd twist.

also consider that the NK had the symbol of the 7 in his eyes in the promos - everything is connected

what connects everything? = WEIRWOOD net - 3ER.

SO BRAN COULD THE VOICE IN THE FLAMES/LORD OF LIGHT ETC - More ways of killing humanity.

This may be too much for the show, but I hope bran is the great other and jon will slay him as per the prophecies...the isle of faces is in the intro...I hope this has something to do with it,

it is also possible bran is mind controlling others - jon and his poor emotional connection with dany AND he warged dany or drogon to burn KL...

44 minutes ago, HEllohellohello said:

Bran is history moving Westeros to a more democratic system (breaking the wheel = Tyrants ruling). He keeps things in motion. He is history personified. 

yes he is..that is what he says...

he knew dany would fly over KL....why did he not try and stop millions from dieing?

Just now, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

he knew dany would fly over KL....why did he not try and stop millions from dieing?

Because it had to be done so the Wheel could be broken. Certain things has to be done to create other things. Actions - reactions. If she didn't do that the wheel would continue. A new Queen now, now, it's a fresh slate. KL had to be destroyed for this to happen. So he didn't stop it.

53 minutes ago, Pacala said:

FirstMen vs CotF

The Others ?

Last Hero meets the CotF

CotF create NK

13LK marry NQ

NK=leader of WW

Brann meet CotF

Brann=Bloodraven

NK wants to kill Brann

Jon let Ghost go.

Dragon has three heads

I would also add that the Cotf tried initially with aerys, the mad king, to 'burn them all' - remember the flashbacks? ned hearing bran at the tower of joy hearing bran?

I just hope that this theory is proven correct as this will make sense of a lot of things...

Just now, HEllohellohello said:

Because it had to be done so the Wheel could be broken. Certain things has to be done to create other things. Actions - reactions. If she didn't do that the wheel would continue. A new Queen now, now, it's a fresh slate. KL had to be destroyed for this to happen. So he didn't stop it.

yes I can believe that...for the wheel to be broken and a new slate...the only issue I have with that is that a million people died...so either bran is true neutral (the show might show that) BUT....

why did we see aerys the mad kiing 'burn them all' - we know he heard voices

why did we see ned hearing brans voice at the tower of joy?

this was before bran - so blood raven (who has a connection with aerys I think) told aerys to 'burn them all?'

WHY? to break the wheel?

No for the Cotf to wreak vengeance on mankind to control the population so they would not die out...

18 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

yes I can believe that...for the wheel to be broken and a new slate...the only issue I have with that is that a million people died...so either bran is true neutral (the show might show that) BUT....

why did we see aerys the mad kiing 'burn them all' - we know he heard voices

why did we see ned hearing brans voice at the tower of joy?

this was before bran - so blood raven (who has a connection with aerys I think) told aerys to 'burn them all?'

WHY? to break the wheel?

No for the Cotf to wreak vengeance on mankind to control the population so they would not die out...

It's possible yes, but I don't think wanted the king to burn them all, I more lean to that was just a madness from the king himself. I read a theory that the blood raven tried to warn about the White Walkers - who are the weapon of mass destruction the CotF created - but that just made the king even more crazy and paranoid.

My theory is that to break the wheel and save Westeros, one has to first destroy the weapon of mass destruction that the CotF created. Here they represent ice / WW. I am not to sure that Arya will destroy the Others in the book.

Secondly you need to destroy the seat of power in Westeros - KL which keep the land always under tyranny. This was used by using the force of pure destruction. Here represented by fire / Dany and Dragons.

Now destruction will be ended by balance - Jon who is a Stark / Targaryen. Hence, he will have to kill Dany.

When this is done - a new beginning can emerge. Jon will probably chose to be nothing of either Stark or Targaryen and go on his own when this is done.

A council with a "leader" will rule Westeros.

Bran is history moving Westeros to a more democratic system (breaking the wheel = Tyrants ruling). He keeps things in motion. He is history personified

27 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

he is right. we have been stuck on the fantasy shit.

Mel and Azor Ahai profecy is the religion who start fades away (same as Mel). Slowly peoples turns back to religion. Technology (Information) vs religion. extraterestrial life vs god, etc. Now i see why NK was killed so easily.

Jon, Jaimie, Hound, Brienne, etc individual struggles.

Robert<--->Danny=leaders of the mankind (from dictators to the Messiah figure)

Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

That means Danny is going to die.

Probably Jon gonna kill her.

The show never developed Bran properly, same as it never “went there” w/ Jon and Arya’s skinchaning powers. All we got were a couple of scenes early on (s2?) w/ Bran warging Summer, then later he skinchanged Hodor which is a big twist, so of course they’d show that. But all the magic aspects have been pretty much erased from the story, and especially anything connected to the Old Gods, skinchanging, etc. That’s why they left Bran out for a whole year, they simply don’t know what to do w/ him or w/ this aspect of the story. So yeah, they turned Bran into an infodump robot that they can use when convenient, when the plot demands, and otherwise they just  leave him there as set decoration and the “explanation” is, he doesn’t want anything anymore, he doesn’t feel anything anymore and lives mostly in the past. It’s just D&D’s typical lazy incompetent writing and utter inability to handle characters and plot. 

1 minute ago, HEllohellohello said:

It's possible yes, but I don't think wanted the king to burn them all, I more lean to that was just a madness from the king himself. I read a theory that the blood raven tried to warn about the White Walkers - who are the weapon of mass destruction the CotF created - but that just made the king even more crazy and paranoid.

My theory is that to break the wheel and save Westeros, one has to first destroy the weapon of mass destruction that the CotF created. Here they represent ice / WW. I am not to sure that Arya will destroy the Others in the book.

Secondly you need to destroy the seat of power in Westeros - KL which keep the land always under tyranny. This was used by using the force of pure destruction. Here represented by fire / Dany.

Now destruction will be ended by balance - Jon who is a Stark / Targaryen. Hence, he will have to kill Dany.

When this is done - a new beginning can emerge. Jon will probably chose to be nothing of either Stark or Targaryen and go on his own when this is done.

A council with a "leader" will rule Westeros.

I can see all of tis happening - its logical

BUT its not a WTF moment ! and that is what I am hoping for. we know there is going to be a confrontation between jon/dany so that is not it..

3 minutes ago, Pacala said:

Mel and Azor Ahai profecy is the religion who start fades away (same as Mel). Slowly peoples turns back to religion. Technology (Information) vs religion. extraterestrial life vs god, etc. Now i see why NK was killed so easy.

Robert<--->Danny=leaders of the mankind

Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

yes he has to kill her as part of various prophecies that the show has dropped and doesn't seem to care about for sure

2 minutes ago, Pacala said:

Mel and Azor Ahai profecy is the religion who start fades away (same as Mel). Slowly peoples turns back to religion. Technology (Information) vs religion. extraterestrial life vs god, etc. Now i see why NK was killed so easy.

Robert<--->Danny=leaders of the mankind

The fantasy aspect is there to make you theorise these Messiah shit things. To keep you in the dark. Just as religion works in real life. It's a tool George uses to make it more interesting and it does. That's why the maesters exist, they are science and on a quest to eliminate all that nonsense in the end. Also it's fun!

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

The show never developed Bran properly, same as it never “went there” w/ Jon and Arya’s skinchaning powers. All we got were a couple of scenes early on (s2?) w/ Bran warging Summer, then later he skinchanged Hodor which is a big twist, so of course they’d show that. But all the magic aspects have been pretty much erased from the story, and especially anything connected to the Old Gods, skinchanging, etc. That’s why they left Bran out for a whole year, they simply don’t know what to do w/ him or w/ this aspect of the story. So yeah, they turned Bran into an infodump robot that they can use when convenient, when the plot demands, and otherwise they just  leave him there as set decoration and the “explanation” is, he doesn’t want anything anymore, he doesn’t feel anything anymore and lives mostly in the past. It’s just D&D’s typical lazy incompetent writing and utter inability to handle characters and plot. 

yes you are probably right - and I hope not - but I am hoping this has all been to lull us - to set us u for the BANG WTF..

Why is the isle of faces in the intro? it must be of some importance?

1 minute ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

yes he has to kill her as part of various prophecies that the show has dropped and doesn't seem to care about for sure

which religion holds the true ? \

who was real Jesus, Allah, Buddha. It there a truth or only faith ?

Does it matter ?

5 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

I can see all of tis happening - its logical

BUT its not a WTF moment ! and that is what I am hoping for. we know there is going to be a confrontation between jon/dany so that is not it..

The WTF moment is Dany snapping. I do believe it and I think it's brilliantly done - it shows that it's not what we thought it was. Or maybe it is Bran like someone said, that would also be a WTF.

Archived