Bran's role = messing things up for the living

Amris

Just now, HEllohellohello said:

The fantasy aspect is there to make you theorise these Messiah shit things. To keep you in the dark. Just as religion works in real life. It's a tool George uses to make it more interesting and it does. That's why the maesters exist, they are science and on a quest to eliminate all that nonsense in the end. Also it's fun!

perhaps the NK was killed so easily because he had fulfilled his purpose - culling man in the north..

but hey - there is only 80 mins for this ...not enough time with dany and jon having a showdown

2 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

perhaps the NK was killed so easily because he had fulfilled his purpose - culling man in the north..

but hey - there is only 80 mins for this ...not enough time with dany and jon having a showdown

No a TV show can never give this Saga it's justice because it's too deep into symbolism, politics and human nature, a lot of parallels to real world history. With that, I am though OK with that they did. People who  complain they need to realise that the show would be 30+ years running to cover it all.

The main thing was destroying KL and breaking the wheel. That is Dany and Jons story. The rest is - for TV show - not so important.

If you think D&D are smart enough to consider this as an option, you haven't been paying attention.

In their 'Inside the Circlejerk', they specifically foil this theory by explaining Dany's sudden 180 from 'burning enemies who've threatened/undermined her' to 'burning civilians of a city that's already surrendered'; apparently seeing the Red Keep made her take things personally... and burn everything that isn't the Red Keep before laser-flaming it a little in some token actions so the main characters within the keep can have their DRAMATICALLY SATISFYING pointless endings.

They gave a pretty clear explanation for their rationale, so yeah, that's not true. Personally, I believe the President Bran leaks are true, if only because it's stupid enough for D&D to write.

7 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

yes he has to kill her as part of various prophecies that the show has dropped and doesn't seem to care about for sure

No, put prophecies aside. It's not certain at all.

“...Prophecy is like a treacherous woman. She takes your member in her mouth, and you moan with the pleasure of it and think, how sweet, how fine, how good this is... and then her teeth snap shut and your moans turn to screams... Prophecy will bite your prick off everytime,”

― George R.R. Martin, A Feast for Crows

He will kill her most likely but it's not because of a prophecy.

5 minutes ago, HEllohellohello said:

The fantasy aspect is there to make you theorise these Messiah shit things. To keep you in the dark. Just as religion works in real life. It's a tool George uses to make it more interesting and it does. That's why the maesters exist, they are science and on a quest to eliminate all that nonsense in the end. Also it's fun!

You are right. It does. Very clever mister Martin.

Just now, Beardy the Wildling said:

If you think D&D are smart enough to consider this as an option, you haven't been paying attention.

In their 'Inside the Circlejerk', they specifically foil this theory by explaining Dany's sudden 180 from 'burning enemies who've threatened/undermined her' to 'burning civilians of a city that's already surrendered'; apparently seeing the Red Keep made her take things personally... and burn everything that isn't the Red Keep before laser-flaming it a little in some token actions so the main characters within the keep can have their DRAMATICALLY SATISFYING pointless endings.

They gave a pretty clear explanation for their rationale, so yeah, that's not true. Personally, I believe the President Bran leaks are true, if only because it's stupid enough for D&D to write.

but they could be misleading us? they cant tell us what is really going on ?

guess we will see..i will be so disappointed otherwise

1 minute ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

yes I get that and the wheel will be broken, although not as dany intended.

any thoughts why the isle of faces is included in the intro?

If the leaks are true (once again, stupid enough to be written by D&D), it's because Drogon is gonna take Dany there to become the new Night Queen. Compared to President Bran, it's an aspect of the leaks I have less faith in, but... D&D are hacks, it's not too surprising if it actually happens.

1 minute ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

Like they 'misled' us about Jaime loving Cersei unconditionally? Remember when people thought the floor map having Cersei at the neck and Jaime at the Fingers foreshadowed the Valonqar prophesy? Or when people said 'Oh, that Arya that got stabbed was a fake, after she slept with Needle by her side last episode there's no way Arya would be that careless!'

D&D aren't complex 4D chess-players. They're hacks. Take their words at face value. To them, Dany really did 'kinda forget' about the fleet that utterly destroyed her navy. There isn't a curtain to lift. The show really is just that stupid.

8 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

guess we will see..i will be so disappointed otherwise

I think they have thrown a lot out / skipping and not caring to be logical about to push the main story forward yes. Me personally am not OCDing so much about that, it is a story.

But a lot of these prophecies and things are also there to divert you and trick you.

But hey, he GAVE the major endings to them so yeah.

11 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

If the leaks are true (once again, stupid enough to be written by D&D), it's because Drogon is gonna take Dany there to become the new Night Queen. Compared to President Bran, it's an aspect of the leaks I have less faith in, but... D&D are hacks, it's not too surprising if it actually happens.

I was wondering if dany becomes the Night Queen - which is truly crap or if jon becomes the LC of the Nightwatch (Nights King) and them she becomes the Nights Queen as per the old stories

on a positive note it has persuaded me to pick up the books again...

19 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

yes you are probably right - and I hope not - but I am hoping this has all been to lull us - to set us u for the BANG WTF..

Why is the isle of faces in the intro? it must be of some importance?

If, and it’s a huge if, any such twist happens, it will just be more of the same... another unearned asspull, just to shock the audience. Because there’s been no build up, no development, nothing. So, at this point, I’m not even sure which is worse: Bran is just an infodump robot who knows everything that the plot needs him to know but is totally ignorant of things the plot doesn’t need/want him to know, or there’s going to be yet another majorly unearned “twist”, because oh so shocking. 

The IoF could be a number of things, like a way to introduce Howland Reed, or it’s where Bran goes to if he doesn’t become president to “make Westeros great again!” I don’t know, and honestly, at this point I don’t really care. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

I was wondering if dany becomes the Night Queen - which is truly crap or if jon becomes the LC of the Nightwatch (Nights King) and them she becomes the Nights Queen as per the old stories

on a positive note it has persuaded me to pick up the books again...

Omg they just killed the WW in one hour after spending 8 seasons brainwashing us about the great threat to come.

Then they put the characters to bring it on themselves following Tyrion’s stupid plan, and  betray the only person who cared about this crap, and turn her into a mad queen to be killed by the people she saved, whereas Cersei dies in the hands of the man she loved and also tried to murder with tears in her eyes so we can also feel sorry about her. 

Will a stupid scene at the end save this mess of a script? I don’t care about the end. 

8 seasons that sums up in total crap it’s not going to be saved by a scene or two. 

18 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

Isn’t that way too stupid, even for David and Dan? Nah, who am I kidding...

7 minutes ago, HEllohellohello said:

Regarding Night Queen.

That would be absolutely horrible if they did.

I hope that leak is wrong.

Not so much of a problem with Bran being Brump.

She should die and stay dead.

I agree, but we were all expecting competent writers on the highest-budgeted long running show in history. And we all know how much D&D like to subvert expectations.

1 minute ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I agree, but we were all expecting competent writers on the highest-budgeted long running show in history. And we all know how much D&D like to subvert expectations.

Well if they go that way, that means George goes that way. Then I bye bye books :D

'dany kinda forgot about the iron fleet'

LOL

because bran is playing with her mind..

it will be ironic if all this strange behaviour characters exhibiting has been down to brans mind tricks....

anyway guess we will see - its been very poor fare so far for sure and time to let go...................

8 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

it will be ironic if all this strange behaviour characters exhibiting has been down to brans mind tricks....

Hahaha, that is either an incredible joke or the saddest case of desperation I've seen. Sorry, Sir Hedge of Hog, D&D just can't write characters for shit. Imagine if any other series tried to pull that.

'Oh, the reason all of the characters are reverting and progressing as people at random is because that one psychic character is fucking with them in a convoluted 4D chess match.'

If anyone said that about literally any other show, they'd be laughed out the room. But noooooo, Game of Thrones is a sacred fucking cow, isn't it? It couldn't just be bad, no, there's something we're m i s s i n g.

I really think Bran is not relevant. I think D&D just do not understand magic or religion. They don't even seem to understand scheming very well either. they understand macho bravado, battle, and power through might. They understand fight scenes and think GOT was all about big dramatic battles. They definitely don't understand dialogue.

• They have eradicated all religion - The seven, the old gods, the god of light, the many faced god, all written out of importance
  • They have eradicated magic - Warging (what was Bran doing during the battle???), dead Millesandrei, Faceless Men virtually forgotten, Greyscale cured, Night King blown up, Quarth a distant memory along with Dany being impervious to fire.
  • They removed scheming - Little finger, Varys, Olyenna, Marjory, Ramsey, The high sparrow, Tyrion (got dumb suddenly)

They upped the CGI and fight scenes - That's all they can do effectively.

So Bran is going to be a no-show for me, sorry that so many of you will be disappointed.

Archived