This really requires a 7th episode

I’m not sure how D&D will get to everything and everyone they should in the 80 min runtime. 

While Briene, Tormund, Sam etc may not be seen again, there’s Bronn, Bran, Sansa and others that should have some sort of wrap up to their stories. I don’t see how this will happen without Bran doing some voice over to a 40 min epilogue during the entire second half of the show. I know it’s been rushed lately but they’ve left a LOT to finish. It’s not just about who rules the 7 kingdoms (if anyone does). Ser Davos, Greyworm, Arya, Jon and anyone’s else who MIGHT survive will be a tough task for the last show as it is

3 hours ago, Theon’sdick said:

I’m not sure how D&D will get to everything and everyone they should in the 80 min runtime. 

While Briene, Tormund, Sam etc may not be seen again, there’s Bronn, Bran, Sansa and others that should have some sort of wrap up to their stories. I don’t see how this will happen without Bran doing some voice over to a 40 min epilogue during the entire second half of the show. I know it’s been rushed lately but they’ve left a LOT to finish. It’s not just about who rules the 7 kingdoms (if anyone does). Ser Davos, Greyworm, Arya, Jon and anyone’s else who MIGHT survive will be a tough task for the last show as it is

Agreed. I mean, realistically, Dany going mad should have been a part of last season and built up to last week's episode as the finale. This season should have focused on overthrowing her and what happens after. They are going to show a short season's worth of material into one episode, it's going to feel more rushed than anything else we have seen from them. Plus there is still going to be one huge WTF moment? I assume they have to set it up a bit first and that is going to take some time.

8 minutes ago, Winter prince said:

I think the last huge WTF moment will be the reason not as much time is necessary

Like a mass killing or something? Just taking out a bunch of characters. I assume they will once again do super slow-mo and it will drag the scene out for way too long.

7 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Like a mass killing or something? Just taking out a bunch of characters. I assume they will once again do super slow-mo and it will drag the scene out for way too long.

Something along the lines of how Ned Stark's men were massacred in the throne room in season 1

Id love it if Dan y believes things are well in hand and new ships are coming with red sails. The fighting men from asshai have come and unsullied have to fight crazy fire priests like thoros. The Lord of light raises rhaegal and he fights Dragon both dying. Lord of light comes rolling off a boat and it's Bran.

Just now, Skeletor said:

Id love it if Dan y believes things are well in hand and new ships are coming with red sails. The fighting men from asshai have come and unsullied have to fight crazy fire priests like thoros. The Lord of light raises rhaegal and he fights Dragon both dying. Lord of light comes rolling off a boat and it's Bran.

That would be pretty whack.  Not impossible with the writing we have had

3 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Actually that sounds way too deep for the show runners even if they had another 4 episodes. That sounds more like an ending to a novel. 

I’m afraid it will be something much simpler like Jon kills Dany and heads north. If they aren’t killed I think either Arya/Gendry, Bran, Tyrion, Davos or even Sansa have to deal with the anarchy but there won’t actually be a king or queen in the end. We’ll see.

I agree that this won't be end in a satisfying way. Honestly, they needed 20 episodes between Season 7 and 8 to wrap this up properly, If they didn't want to write as many episodes, they needed to get in more writers.

Nope. They need to close it down. They wrote this crap this way for some reason. They could have done something different but instead they did this. Personally if there is more then one episode left after the "thing" that was called "the bells" I would just wiki what happened. They had great material to work with but decided to do this. They can't be trusted with a script and one more episode wouldn't make a difference

They did a pretty darn good job avoiding spoilers for the first couple episodes this season, before that big leak leading into episode 4. Maybe that leak was a part of their plan to make people "think" there had been this huge leak, but really it was a red herring.  They allowed that leak in order to hide their real secret...that instead of airing the "Game of Thrones: The Last Watch" special in two weeks, it will really be a last episode to tie up loose ends from the more dramatic events of episode 6!!!!

With how the season has turned out, I'd prefer that they complete it ASAP.

6 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Martin said they would need 10 seasons. But D and D first only wanted to do 7.

From the clip that I watched, I believe that he said that with the amount of source material that they had, they could do 10 seasons.

One episode can't fix the whole bad season, pace was too slow at moments focusing more on cinematography and repetition of battle scenes ( Long Night heroes being swarmed and Arya in Kings Landing dragged to much , some characters had repetitive dialogues, overuse and wrong use of text from previous seasons). In other moments development felt forced and unearned , especially for major characters.

They cut to many things that made show great by killing or omitting off most of the Houses and elements that added to more thrilling world.

In my opinion This season is huge missed opportunity, the focus now is only on few characters and the World feels contrived, empty and small, kinda like vision of D&D.

21 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Something has to happen to Danys men not to attack her killer. I think lords could be summoned but I am hoping varys had one more trick up his sleeve.

He did.

Spoiler

One of his little birds was trying to poison Dany. Maybe she still is. Maybe it will work.

Personally, I think it will be Jon who kills her, because he has to speak His Line.

"The man who passes sentence must swing the sword.

I don't like how Martin takes time to make these historic houses and most of them will be gone. While in history houses and families are ended. Just seems like Martin Would leave one person alive for each house but the freys.

Archived