Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SteveS_FL

Thank you Dothraki

Recommended Posts

So now we have an army of raiders let loose in Westeros who's culture is based on raiding, rape and pillage.  The Dothraki will not become Kings(queens)Guard.  They will not become the City Watch.  They will not settle into villages and become farmers and blacksmiths.  They came to KL to conquer and plunder.  Dany can't say "thank you" now go home, because there is no frikin word for it in their language.  They will leave KL and ravage the countryside. That is what they do.  Remember the last time Dany tried to stop Dothraki from being Dothraki, she ultimately got Kal Drogo killed.  Westeros represents an entire continent of Lamb men for them to raid and enslave.  Not lookin good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rember the Dothraki died all Leeroy Jenkins style in the Long night.   D&D even said they were extinct.  The thousands of them you saw raid Kings Landing were merely figments of our collective imaginations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There wasn't even thousands.  If you watch when they go through the gates there might be about 30 riders..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Winter prince said:

There wasn't even thousands.  If you watch when they go through the gates there might be about 30 riders..

It was like 30 last episode. They will multiply like Dany's army has every episode and be a few hundred this episode. Also, Unsullied will recover the half they lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

It was like 30 last episode. They will multiply like Dany's army has every episode and be a few hundred this episode. Also, Unsullied will recover the half they lost.

yeah the unsullied numbers looked absurd in the previews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Winter prince said:

yeah the unsullied numbers looked absurd in the previews.

I hope it was just a trick of an angle or something. Like it went by too fast or whatever and it really isn't THAT many..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveS_FL said:

Dany can't say "thank you" now go home, because there is no frikin word for it in their language.  They will leave KL and ravage the countryside. That is what they do.  Remember the last time Dany tried to stop Dothraki from being Dothraki, she ultimately got Kal Drogo killed.

She can't say "thank you, go home" but she can order them to go home. Remember, she's their khal. A way to make them go would be to order them to take statues of the Seven to Vaes Dothraki, as is the Dothraki custom after a conquest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That would be mildly interesting.

They're all going to spontaneously combust if Dany dies.

Edited by JoeyBanana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E4 established Unsullied and Dothraki suffered 50% losses at Winterfell, give or take a bit.

 

In any case, Westeros is not the country of Lamb men. Westeros is a country of men in iron suits living in castles and used to warfare. They would have a hard time even against the shaken Lannister troops without Drogon. The moment they do not have the firestarter, their ravaging would be pretty short-lived, unless protected by their plot armour.

 

The Unsullied... They stay as long as Dany lives. Heck, she could reach conclusion they are the only ones loyal and she may decide to make her own Unsullied. Once she's dead, they also have higher chance to survive at least some time - I guess Grey Worm would take them in such case to Naath to honor Missandei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finding the Dothraki situation really confusing. We saw them all die in the Battle for Winterfell. D&D said they were extinct. But they were suddenly back in time for the Bells and they're also in the preview for next week's episode. Or, at least, there's people waving arakhs around. Has there been any clarification on this? It's weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ellimental said:

I'm finding the Dothraki situation really confusing. We saw them all die in the Battle for Winterfell. D&D said they were extinct. But they were suddenly back in time for the Bells and they're also in the preview for next week's episode. Or, at least, there's people waving arakhs around. Has there been any clarification on this? It's weird. 

We saw all the Dothraki that took part in that charge die. That might not have been the full force. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, btfu806 said:

I hope it was just a trick of an angle or something. Like it went by too fast or whatever and it really isn't THAT many..

Oh really? 

 

Check this photo from the Preview, It's almost more than was at Winterfell and not to mention the large amount of Dothrakis- https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a27482715/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-6-finale-photos/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Knugen said:

Oh really? 

 

Check this photo from the Preview, It's almost more than was at Winterfell and not to mention the large amount of Dothrakis- https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a27482715/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-6-finale-photos/

DAMNIT! I try to give the show the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it really isn't THAT obvious that her forces regenerate out of nowhere. Then they screw me from behind..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hallam said:

We saw all the Dothraki that took part in that charge die. That might not have been the full force. 

That's definitely the logic of DnD. Where were the other ones? Held back in reserve in... the Winterfell football arena? White Harbor? Their horses as well? AGoT Season 8: Who Gives A Shit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's maybe 30 columns of 50 men each in the photo. Maybe a few hundred dothraki. Sure, there might be a stadium full of unsullied off to the side for all i know but the photo is showing me around 2000 men. I don't think that's excessive when she left Essos with tens of thousands, even with half of them dying at Winterfell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its safe to say, she will either order them back to Essos or lead them to boats and have them board them.

They most likely have no desire to remain in Westeros and are there only out of loyalty to Dany... must be a bit chilly for them in Westeros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Red Waste said:

There's maybe 30 columns of 50 men each in the photo. Maybe a few hundred dothraki. Sure, there might be a stadium full of unsullied off to the side for all i know but the photo is showing me around 2000 men. I don't think that's excessive when she left Essos with tens of thousands, even with half of them dying at Winterfell. 

Where are you getting half of them dying? They made pains to show that Super Cool scene with all of Melisandre's sharp glowsticks going out, and we saw Jorah and a couple stragglers run back. I was having a bit of a laugh about the football arena, but it's relatively accurate. None of the Battle of Winterfell made a lick of sense, and it's pretty tough to explain even five hundred horsed warriors when the horde was so clearly butchered. If there were legions more Dothraki (and their horses), they would have been with the rest, being snuffed out, not held back out of view even when the walls were breached and wights were shuffling around the library, looking for survivors.

Just chalk it up to yet another complete dearth of logic by the showrunners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hallam said:

We saw all the Dothraki that took part in that charge die. That might not have been the full force. 

No we didn't actually. We saw lots of them running back in retreat, definitely not dead. More were fighting inside the walls after the retreat. It is certainly plausible that many of them survived, though half seems a stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say half because I think it came up in ep04 and that figure was mentioned on screen. 

I'm also happy to believe that not every last man of Daenerys's army was at Winterfell. What seemed to transpire in the dragon pit last season gave the impression that they would be but surely she left forces to guard strategic positions and maintain law and order in areas she believed to be under her control.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×