Nikolaj on working with D&D

Coffeewiththegods

45 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Not sure how old this interview is but, I was wondering if any of you had seen this yet. It’s  nothing we didn’t know already. It seems consistent with what the actors who played stannis and Barristan had to say as well.

https://twitter.com/jaimescnsa/status/1127789934234877952?s=21

You would think the actors totally immersed in the role would have some great insight.  You need checks and balances, you can't have just the actors or just the writers running the show, no one group or individual is that brilliant. A collaboration and melding of ideas probably would have produced the best results. 

I do love seeing Nikolaj fighting for some control of the Jamie character, that's cool.

35 minutes ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

Wasn't Nikolaj the highest paid actor on the show?  Maybe justified to start but not after season one.  He wasn't in the top five most important characters.  

That's a part of the calculation, but it's far from the only thing that matters. An actor's salary is reflected by how indispensable they are to the production, that's true, but you also have to factor in how in demand those actors are, what other offers are coming in for them, what projects they'll have to turn down to play a given role. Two actors may be just as important to the production, but one demands a higher salary because they have big offers coming in from other projects while the other doesn't.

Wow, that was pretty candid. I wonder if eventually we will hear from some actors that they thought D&D should have taken HBO up on their offer of 10 episodes in the last 2 seasons to properly close things out. Whether people have liked the last two seasons or not, i think everyone can agree that more episodes could've done nothing but help.

Ouch at that very last bit. "This doesn't make sense!" "... Just try it."

It kind of jives with how I felt he acted during this season. During the first two episodes where I was still thinking it was going to be great, all this dialogue seemed, well, dogshit. His best moments were when he didn't have their script, and could just show Jaime's emotions during the big scenes. I felt like he was trying to do anything he could to make Jaime's role not be such a giant crock of shit this season.

15 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

That's a part of the calculation, but it's far from the only thing that matters. An actor's salary is reflected by how indispensable they are to the production, that's true, but you also have to factor in how in demand those actors are, what other offers are coming in for them, what projects they'll have to turn down to play a given role. Two actors may be just as important to the production, but one demands a higher salary because they have big offers coming in from other projects while the other doesn't.

True.  I left out, not the best actor, not the biggest name, not the most irreplaceable and not in the top five most important characters. 
I just find it funny that he is lucky enough to be the highest paid actor in a large cast of better actors and he is dogging out the people who have sort of made him rich and a global star. 

Which of course has zero bearing on the validity of his comments and I absolutely believe in his right to voice his opinion.

It is just a funny thought of Dan or Dave hearing this and thinking. "Damn, I fought for you to get the biggest trailer and everything..."  

I am kidding around, not looking for a fight. 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

This is so very depressing. 

And I’m absolutely certain more actors will have similar stories to share as time goes on. 

I've seen a few interviews with Peter Dinklage regarding Season 8 and Dan & Dave, and...well, he can barely hide his contempt. 

17 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

I've seen a few interviews with Peter Dinklage regarding Season 8 and Dan & Dave, and...well, he can barely hide his contempt. 

Yeah, I don’t think it’s a new feeling. Both Peter and Conleth have seemed like they can’t stand the show for years. But now even Maisie said she was surprised that arya got to kill the NK and her first instinct was that people were going to hate it. 

5 hours ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

True.  I left out, not the best actor, not the biggest name, not the most irreplaceable and not in the top five most important characters. 
I just find it funny that he is lucky enough to be the highest paid actor in a large cast of better actors and he is dogging out the people who have sort of made him rich and a global star. 

Which of course has zero bearing on the validity of his comments and I absolutely believe in his right to voice his opinion.

It is just a funny thought of Dan or Dave hearing this and thinking. "Damn, I fought for you to get the biggest trailer and everything..."  

I am kidding around, not looking for a fight. 

He's one of the top actors cast due to several factors; his net worth and his filmography. Kit and Emilia were nobodies before GoT, hence, why they were paid far less. As far as better acting, that's highly circumstantial and debatable. Truth is, he is one of the biggest stars on the show, although he might not have the biggest role.

2 minutes ago, Cedius_3 said:

He's one of the top actors cast due to several factors; his net worth and his filmography. Kit and Emilia were nobodies before GoT, hence, why they were paid far less. As far as better acting, that's highly circumstantial and debatable. Truth is, he is one of the biggest stars on the show, although he might not have the biggest role.

Yeah, Lena Heady, Charles Dance, Peter Dinklage, Sean Bean...never heard of 'em.  And they're not very good are they? 

Just now, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

Yeah, Lena Heady, Charles Dance, Peter Dinklage, Sean Bean...never heard of 'em.  And they're not very good are they? 

Still, only 1 of those has a higher net worth than Nikolaj. The point remains.

What point, that he is overpaid?  Good point.  You win. 

Just pointing out the flaw with your "not the biggest name statement", which can be highly debated since he has one of the highest net worths on the show. Doesn't matter what he is or isn't paid, it's all about net worth. 

1 minute ago, Cedius_3 said:

Just pointing out the flaw with your "not the biggest name statement", which can be highly debated since he has one of the highest net worths on the show. Doesn't matter what he is or isn't paid, it's all about net worth. 

Net worth equal name?  I don't agree.  Fame and funds are not the same thing.    

21 hours ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

Wasn't Nikolaj the highest paid actor on the show?  Maybe justified to start but not after season one.  He wasn't in the top five most important characters.  

I thought quite a few actors were making the same amount - $500 000/episode (this was a couple years ago, not sure what they made the last couple seasons), including Nikolaj and Lena and Peter, for sure.  When was Nikolaj the highest paid actor on the show? 

18 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

During the first two episodes where I was still thinking it was going to be great, all this dialogue seemed, well, dogshit. His best moments were when he didn't have their script, and could just show Jaime's emotions during the big scenes. I felt like he was trying to do anything he could to make Jaime's role not be such a giant crock of shit this season.

Ugh, I've been rewatching the seasons and it is just depressing how much better the scripts used to be!  Just saw his kingslayer talk with Brienne in the baths...what an amazing scene.  GoT has had such a glut of talent, its such a shame to see it going to waste so much lately. 

Net worth equal name?  I don't agree.  Fame and funds are not the same thing.    

Fame and funds aren't the same? Higher net worth=bigger the star. Not sure what your gripe with this is, it's just factual. Look at someone like Harrison Ford and his net worth, and see what he is getting paid on shows. Like I said, net worth = fame. 

1 minute ago, Red Dragon10 said:

I thought quite a few actors were making the same amount - $500 000/episode (this was a couple years ago, not sure what they made the last couple seasons), including Nikolaj and Lena and Peter, for sure.  When was Nikolaj the highest paid actor on the show? 

A clicck bait list, might not even be true.  Who cares.  I thought it was funny that Nikolaj was shitting on his benefactors but I think I offended his family or something.  

Archived