Nikolaj on working with D&D

Coffeewiththegods

4 minutes ago, Cedius_3 said:

Fame and funds aren't the same? Higher net worth=bigger the star. Not sure what your gripe with this is, it's just factual. Look at someone like Harrison Ford and his net worth, and see what he is getting paid on shows. Like I said, net worth = fame. 

Not exactly.  Sometimes fame=talent=fortune go hand in hand, but movie studios, sports teams, music producers and big corporations make mediocre talents fabulously wealthy all the time only to discover that they overpaid.    Similarly, the most talented, the one that is key to the success of the venture is often underpaid.  So, yeah I don't agree with your premise.  But think that.  Have fun with it.   

19 minutes ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

Not exactly.  Sometimes fame=talent=fortune go hand in hand, but movie studios, sports teams, music producers and big corporations make mediocre talents fabulously wealthy all the time only to discover that they overpaid.    Similarly, the most talented, the one that is key to the success of the venture is often underpaid.  So, yeah I don't agree with your premise.  But think that.  Have fun with it.   

Okay bro. Doesn't change the facts that he is one of the biggest "stars" on the show.

35 minutes ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

A clicck bait list, might not even be true.  Who cares.  I thought it was funny that Nikolaj was shitting on his benefactors but I think I offended his family or something.  

His benefactors?  Two unknowns before this, basically, right?  A spoiled brat from a rich family and his buddy that basically talked someone else into giving them control of their creative product?  What Nik does have is a now famously known face.  What Nik did over the years seems to have been try to get the best for himself and the show and those 'oh so much more important benefactors' over the years.  How horrible. 

I keep thinking about the time he said he'd accepted the part because he was told that his character was going to have this amazing redemption/identity arc and growth, and how excited he was about it. He had one and a half season of that (S3 and early S8) and then rest was just standing behind Cersei with dumbstrucl look on his face. What a goddamn waste.

1 minute ago, HairGrowsBack said:

I keep thinking about the time he said he'd accepted the part because he was told that his character was going to have this amazing redemption/identity arc and growth, and how excited he was about it. He had one and a half season of that (S3 and early S8) and then rest was just standing behind Cersei with dumbstrucl look on his face. What a goddamn waste.

How did Jaime react when cersei had her walk of shame because she banged lancel? Did he say anything about her betraying him?

1 minute ago, HairGrowsBack said:

It's like he had a double role, LOL  Larry The Lunkhead Lannister and Ser Jaime.  He did show Jaime shining through Larry a lot of the time.  He tried, poor guy. 

7 minutes ago, divica said:

How did Jaime react when cersei had her walk of shame because she banged lancel? Did he say anything about her betraying him?

I don't think Show Jaime, err Larry The Lunkhead Lannister, was seen to have that info, exactly??  Don't ask me how or why, it seems that way, though. 

8 minutes ago, divica said:

He reacted off screen because that's what the show does. I don't think he even knows about Lancel.

edit :  beat me to it, haha. But it goes to show the characters' rich inner life on this show, doesn't it.

6 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

He reacted off screen because that's what the show does. I don't think he even knows about Lancel.

edit :  beat me to it, haha. But it goes to show the characters' rich inner life on this show, doesn't it.

6 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I don't think Show Jaime, err Larry The Lunkhead Lannister, was seen to have that info, exactly??  Don't ask me how or why, it seems that way, though. 

hmmm… Wasn t there a big lady ringing a bell a yelling shame all over KL because she admited to have sex with lancel?

How could he not know… whatever...

4 minutes ago, divica said:

hmmm… Wasn t there a big lady ringing a bell a yelling shame all over KL because she admited to have sex with lancel?

How could he not know… whatever..

Wasn't he on his way from Dorne when it happened ?

But yeah, it's completely stupid that he never learns about it/ that they didn't show us his reaction. But the writing was already beyond salvation at that point.

26 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Wasn't he on his way from Dorne when it happened ?

But yeah, it's completely stupid that he never learns about it/ that they didn't show us his reaction. But the writing was already beyond salvation at that point.

What horrifies me to a large extent is that the show might have had Jaime sleep with Brienne so that he doesn't have the moral high ground about being faithful to cersei.

4 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

What horrifies me to a large extent is that the show might have had Jaime sleep with Brienne so that he doesn't have the moral high ground about being faithful to cersei.

It is horrifying, and it wouldn't surprise given how much they've woobified Cersei, but I honestly don't think they're able to think this deeply. I think they were just trying to hit George's plot points and call it a day.

If it is the reason though...yikes.

Of course no one in KL talked to Jaime about the walk of shame.  Just like the half of Stannis's army that deserted him never said a word to Davos about Shyreen...  D&D write whatever it takes to get the scene they want.  Sense and character have no bearing on it.

4 minutes ago, legba11 said:

Of course no one in KL talked to Jaime about the walk of shame.  Just like the half of Stannis's army that deserted him never said a word to Davos about Shyreen...  D&D write whatever it takes to get the scene they want.  Sense and character have no bearing on it.

Something this season has made abundantly clear. 

11 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

It is horrifying, and it wouldn't surprise given how much they've woobified Cersei, but I honestly don't think they're able to think this deeply. I think they were just trying to hit George's plot points and call it a day.

If it is the reason though...yikes.

I agree, I don't think they analyzed anything that deeply.

This occurred to me when Enron said he fucked the queen and Jaime didn't seem to care at all. If he hadn't somehow heard about the walk of shame, this shouldve been the first time he heard about Cersei's infidelity.

Archived