Bran to the Future?

Tyrion1991

Now, big disclaimer, I am very sceptical they would go there and they have been vague on if Bran can really change the past. Plus, Iam assuming Bran has not intentionally conspired to drive Dany insane early so that the realm turns on her. But, what else can you do. 

So Bran was able to warg Hodor in the past and was able to speak to Young Ned at the Tower of Joy. These imply he can manipulate the past. 

The way I see it there are two moments Bran could use such powers to prevent the massacre at Kings Landing.

1 - He wargs Danys dragon. Then, he lands the dragon in the courtyard of the Red Keep with all the people. Now Dany has been stating, arbitrarily, for several episodes that the people of Westeros do not love her despite having never interacted with them (Northern Lords and POW do not count). Plus, she did burn them but only when they were specks of dust from her perspective. If Dany landed, she would realise the error of her ways and you would have another Mhysa moment as her people embrace her.

2 - Bran stops that Wight getting the killing blow on Jorah. He can do this by warging  ghost and intervening. This means that Jorah is merely grievously wounded. As Dany doesn’t want to leave his side until he recovers, she never makes the premature journey by sea to Dragonstone and so Rhaegal and Missandei never die. This time Dany hears the bells and doesn’t go mad because she hasn’t lost all her friends. She lands in the Red Keep courtyard and her people embrace her.

Because at the minute it looks like the show is determined to have the worst ending ever in my opinion. Plus, Bran kind of needs to do something beyond be a meme.

As much as I would love Jorah to still be alive, this all seems way too much to cram into one episode, unfortunately I see it as Dany has gone to the dark side and those that support her no longer can and need to stop her before she destroys them also.. basic good vs evil finale with the winner most likely being Jon and co trying to put things right afterwards.

Bran is my only hope for the last episode (and this season in general) to end with a note that makes somewhat sense.

If not by admitting how he himself has changed the course of the story by intervening here and there, then at least by making some Theon-esque speech to everyone about how "everything that has happened happened for a reason, to bring us all here where we are now, and so on and so forth. Daenerys is immune to fire, hatched the dragons and burned down King's Landing for a reason. Jon was resurrected from the dead and was revealed as Aejon Targareyen for a reason. Arya was allowed to leave the FM and regain her humanity for a reason. Sansa cares about northern independence so fiercely that she alienates and pisses of her allies for a reason, Tyrion became a stupid idiot back in S5 for a reason, Jamie threw his redemption arc in the nearest ditch for a reason", etc, etc.

Not really having high hopes about it however. 

Archived