Thoughts on Arya possibly dying/failing to kill Dany?

Here are a few things I'm considering...

- Jon's hint from the books, "they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers." This could be a show difference or have a non-clear meaning.
- Hound saying "You're very kind. Someday it'll get you killed."
- Last ep Hound says "You'll be dead too if you don't get out of here." Obviously referring to that specific moment, but the general theme of that dialogue was if she continues going for revenge, it won't end well for her.
- The Starks seem connected to their direwolves. Ghost and Nymeria still alive. Could be argued that Summer died in that cave when Bran "died" and became the 3 eyed raven. I feel like one of the Stark girls are going to die. I don't feel like it'll be Sansa though... Lady was killed for the actions of Arya's wolf, could it be that this is mirrored and Arya dies due to Sansa's "treason"?
- As far as Sansa, I think she's been set up kill someone given that scene of Arya giving her the dagger. I see no reason that she wouldn't have already had one in that situation, unless the purpose was solely for the scene of her and tyrion pulling out their daggers together.
- The brown, blue, green eyes prophecy I don't know. First of all, is this line in the books? It would seem that order is important, but Melisandre changed up the order to brown > green > blue in ep 3. Could this be a D&D mistake purely to emphasize the "blue" in that scene? Or is order not important? Some say Littlefinger's grey-green eyes were the "green". In relation to Dany...If the line IS in the books, Dany has purple eyes. I would think purple would be mentioned but that would be far too obvious. In relation to the show, who knows, she kind of has greenish eyes in many scenes. Or could green simply mean jealousy? I don't think so. Unless this is a show specific line for Dany's show specific eyes, I don't think she kills Dany. I think both NK and Dany would be too much. I think she will try and fail.

On the other hand, there are things that imply she may live, such as her wanting to travel west of westeros. Only possible killers I think in terms of power/skill could be Drogon or Grey Worm. A girl with no name killed by a man with no name? They seemed to foreshadow a Jon Snow/Grey Worm face-off in the last ep, I'm almost sure that will happen.

9 hours ago, Deceptive Pastry said:

- The brown, blue, green eyes prophecy I don't know. First of all, is this line in the books?

This is not in the books.  Melisandre and Arya do not meet in the books because a different bastard is taken to Dragonstone, not Gendry.  GRRM has stated in the past that his wife would be upset if he ever killed off Arya so I think she survives.  That does not mean she won't have a failed attempt on Dany's life though.  I also don't see Sansa dispatching anyone.  She has become cunning but I don't think she has the ability to kill.

I'm mainly thinking, if one of the Stark girls dies which I do expect, which one would make it more likely for the Starks to continue? Bran isn't Bran anymore, Jon I predict ends up going far north based on a few things. If Arya survives, she most likely leaves Westeros like she said. I don't think she will go the Gendry route, it has been established throughout the entire series that she "isn't a lady". Whereas Sansa would retain power in the north in the Stark name.

Or I'm just wrong by predicting either will die.

Something I just thought of... What if that horse IS Strickland's horse, the one that was shown mangled and almost certainly dead. The halter looks very similar only with some parts missing. The horse looks beat up. They spent an abnormal amount of time focusing on its corpse when it died. What if the horse was resurrected?

Could the girl and horse doll being burned go to show that both the girl (ayra) and the horse (horse) were killed, and had both been revived?

That would completely explain the Hound's line that her kindness would get her killed. She tried to save those people and then the girl, it cost her life, then for some divine reason the Lord of Light or other force brought her back?

20 hours ago, Deceptive Pastry said:

I'm mainly thinking, if one of the Stark girls dies which I do expect, which one would make it more likely for the Starks to continue? Bran isn't Bran anymore, Jon I predict ends up going far north based on a few things. If Arya survives, she most likely leaves Westeros like she said. I don't think she will go the Gendry route, it has been established throughout the entire series that she "isn't a lady". Whereas Sansa would retain power in the north in the Stark name.

Or I'm just wrong by predicting either will die.

I think you might be right. Arya has never been a lady of anything only a tomboy with her own interest. Plus she has always wanted to be like the guys so she will most likely die like one of the guys. I would be sweet if grey worm killed her.

If I were Daenerys I would kill Arya first chance I got. At this point a rogue Faceless Man is the only real threat to her.

Like, as soon as the battle was over Daenerys would pull Greyworm to one side and tell him what he has to do. They surround her with a few dozen unsullied and stab her to death with their spears. She probably takes down a bunch of them, makes a good show of it, but dies all the same.

Arya could well die, if only for the shock value, but feet on the ground King´s Landing is a labyrinth of ruins and narrow alleys. Her faceless trick might prove more useful than a dragon. She is reasonably 'prepared' to kill Dany in hostile territory.  Unless Jon defends his queen and kills her...

Let´s salute our Targaryen overlords!

All of Arya's talents have come into play this season (came into play on her path to killing the Night King, really), except face-stealing.

And the only person left worth using it against is Dany.

So I'm going to figure we get a death tease with Arya and she disappears for most of the episode only to resurface near the end, using Grey Worm's face to kill Dany.

"Bittersweet" option of Arya ending the story in a position where she has to take and use Dany's face long term (rest of her life?) "for the good of the realm"

On 5/16/2019 at 3:07 AM, Winter prince said:

This is not in the books.  Melisandre and Arya do not meet in the books because a different bastard is taken to Dragonstone, not Gendry.  GRRM has stated in the past that his wife would be upset if he ever killed off Arya so I think she survives.  That does not mean she won't have a failed attempt on Dany's life though.  I also don't see Sansa dispatching anyone.  She has become cunning but I don't think she has the ability to kill.

Forget his wife. HBO would be mighty upset with him.

I am pretty sure that they have Maisie Williams pencilled in for a future spin-off series. GoT is going to be like Star Trek with new spin offs happening one after another.

After going back in the past, the next logical thing to do is to pick up the story seven or eight years on and look into the causes of the doom of Valyria and some new threat coming from there.

Williams is going to want to do some film work for a while and certainly steer clear of GoT. But five to ten years on, going back to her breakout role as the lead might well be appealing. The money will certainly be right.

5 hours ago, hallam said:

Forget his wife. HBO would be mighty upset with him.

I am pretty sure that they have Maisie Williams pencilled in for a future spin-off series. GoT is going to be like Star Trek with new spin offs happening one after another.

After going back in the past, the next logical thing to do is to pick up the story seven or eight years on and look into the causes of the doom of Valyria and some new threat coming from there.

Williams is going to want to do some film work for a while and certainly steer clear of GoT. But five to ten years on, going back to her breakout role as the lead might well be appealing. The money will certainly be right.

This would depend how much of the intellectual property HBO actually owns. GRRM is not into the idea of sequels. So unless he passes and his estate takes the money, HBO would actually need to own the characters.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:34 PM, Deceptive Pastry said:

- As far as Sansa, I think she's been set up kill someone given that scene of Arya giving her the dagger. I see no reason that she wouldn't have already had one in that situation, unless the purpose was solely for the scene of her and tyrion pulling out their daggers together.

Sansa's already used the dragonglass dagger Arya gave her. She and Tyrion were killing wights in the crypts, but they cut the scene. It seemed they preferred another mean girls moment with her, rather than show her actually doing something cool. This is actually my biggest complaint about that episode. I would have loved to actually see her and Tyrion taking down wights rather than cowering behind Ned's tomb.

1 hour ago, Ellimental said:

... [Sansa] and Tyrion were killing wights in the crypts, but they cut the scene.

No kidding?! It would have been good to see that, instead of the crypt scenes we got, which made her look craven.

1 hour ago, Gendelsdottir said:

No kidding?! It would have been good to see that, instead of the crypt scenes we got, which made her look craven.

Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful scene especially Tyrion's chivalrous hand-kiss, just like the chivalry she dreamed of as a girl. But if they had followed that moment with the two of them going out there and taking down wights, like a pair of badasses, it would have been even better. However, given the nature of Sansa haters, they probably would have just condemned her as a cold-blooded kinslayer (they were her ancestors after all).

15 hours ago, Quentyn Kartell said:

I dont think she has a reason to kill Dany. Everybody she killed did something to her personally. I think she escapes to Storm's End.

Nearly being burned alive multiple times in this most recent episode by Dany and her dragon seems like a pretty good and personal reason. 

4 minutes ago, Aedam Targaryen said:

Nearly being burned alive multiple times in this most recent episode by Dany and her dragon seems like a pretty good and personal reason. 

WHY WAS SHE IN A WARZONE!?!? You can't blame the fire for burning you if you put your hand in it yourself!

Archived