Are the starks finished?

desire

On 5/16/2019 at 12:42 AM, desire said:

Bran is the only male left and he is more wood then his wheelchair :/ Unless Sansa makes the husband take the Stark name but um?

I've always presumed the Starks would come good, but then I've also had a theory for years that by the end all the major houses (except Stark) would have their male lines extinguished, so their names wouldn't carry on.  Then Rickon bit the dust and now I think there is a real possibility that all the major houses will cease to exist by the end.  But then Dany legitimised Gendry......

23 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Well if arya never married and all her kids would be stark. Yes bastards but does anyone see ary a married. She they type to take  man like she took gendry. 

She could have a matrilineal marriage where all children born are of the mother's house.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:03 PM, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

After the Mad King and Dany... I don't think Jon is in any rush to declare himself as Targaryen... Actually if Dany dies he may even let the name die with her and just be legitimized as a Stark who he no doubt feels more connected with.

"Legitimized" by whom?

On 5/16/2019 at 8:29 AM, tallTale said:

Sansa pretty much has to marry Lord Robyn Arryn. House Arryn is easily the most powerful house in the north and very aligned with her already.

I still think there's a chance Arya ends up a Baratheon.

Branno can stay at Winterfell and tend his favorite garden.

Jon takes the throne and marries... Tormund :dunno:

If Jon takes the throne, he may be best served with a political marriage to a Dornish princess.

Or Sam's sister. :leer:

20 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

"Legitimized" by whom?

By the Starks themselves.  Sansa, Bran, and/or Arya.   It only matters what the particular House declares and their bannermen accept.  A royal letter isn't really required.

But, if you insist on royalty, either the King or Queen in the North could do it.  :)

Just now, Tywin Tytosson said:

By the Starks themselves.  Sansa, Bran, and/or Arya.   It only matters what the particular House declares and their bannermen accept.  A royal letter isn't really required.

But, if you insist on royalty, either the King or Queen in the North could do it.  :)

From time to time I almost get the idea that the North is about as interested in seven-sponsored marriages as they are in seven-anointed knights.

Before the final book was named A DREAM OF SPRING (even though it's obviously not published), it was supposed to be titled A TIME FOR WOLVES...so I hardly doubt that the Starks are finished at the end of this story.

11 hours ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Or even the king in the real north - Tormund if need be lol

I would say they are in a better position than the Freys, Boltons, Tyrells, Tarlys and even the Lannisters. Even Baratheons were going to extinct if Gendry didn't get legitimized.

So no.

1 hour ago, Erkan12 said:

I would say they are in a better position than the Freys, Boltons, Tyrells, Tarlys and even the Lannisters. Even Baratheons were going to extinct if Gendry didn't get legitimized.

So no.

And the Umbers and the Karstarks.  And the Mormonts.  Are the Martells finished?

4 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

And the Umbers and the Karstarks.  And the Mormonts.  Are the Martells finished?

Those houses were never a rival to House Stark. 

We don't know the current situation of Martells. They mentioned about Prince of Dorne, but they didn't say if he is a Martell or not.

It looks to me like Book Cersei and Jammie turn out to be bastards and Tyrion is Tywin's only true son. There is more than a hint that Tywin gave moon tea to his mother which caused her death and his deformities. 

So Tyrion is the only true born son of a noble house left. And we have more than a hint that he will marry Sansa if they survive. In fact if there was any more of a hint it would be because they are about to be dead.

I can well imagine an ending where Tyrion takes the Stark name because Lannister never did him any good. So the old houses are all extinct and the only male heir surviving capable of having children takes a different name.

1 hour ago, Erkan12 said:

Those houses were never a rival to House Stark. 

We don't know the current situation of Martells. They mentioned about Prince of Dorne, but they didn't say if he is a Martell or not.

My guess is that in the books, he will turn out to be the son of Ashara Dayne and Brandon Stark, a character we have already met but in a different guise.

Dorne doesn't have the same disapproval of bastards.

I think one of the points of the story is that, come the end, none of the "great houses" that were playing the "Games of Thrones" will be left .... 

I am hoping no-one sits on the iron throne and that, inadvertanly perhaps, Dany has finally broken the wheel

4 hours ago, Essan said:

I think one of the points of the story is that, come the end, none of the "great houses" that were playing the "Games of Thrones" will be left .... 

I am hoping no-one sits on the iron throne and that, inadvertently perhaps, Dany has finally broken the wheel

It is said that in the end, it was the sharp blades poking out of the Iron Throne itself that put an end to Maegor the Cruel.

35 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It is said that in the end, it was the sharp blades poking out of the Iron Throne itself that put an end to Maegor the Cruel.

Ok so consider this idea.  Danaerys is Maegor reborn.  Or.. at least they have some parallels in common.

So Maegor, son of Aerys I took the IT in spite of someone with a better claim, his older brother Aegon II.  

Dany - daughter of Aerys II,  in conflict with Aegon 4 ?

Anyone who suggested that Aegon had a better claim was immediately executed by Maegor, including hisHand and a Maester.

Maegor waged wars, killing many innocent smallfolk in the process.  Sound familiar?

Maegor completed the Red Keep, Dany demolished it.

Maegor couldn't have children. The ones that were conceived came out stillborn hideously deformed.  Ditto Dany.

Archived