Are the starks finished?

desire

On 5/20/2019 at 3:44 AM, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Starks finished ? well they each rule a part of Westeros... I would say they are sitting pretty nicely.. aslong as Bran doesn't get voted out... which I don't ever see happening.

Fine, for now.   But there will never be another Stark.   The name ends with the current generation.  

Interestingly, the Lannisters may well survive.   Even if the sole surviving male did nothing of interest or note in recent years.

44 minutes ago, Essan said:

Fine, for now.   But there will never be another Stark.   The name ends with the current generation.  

Interestingly, the Lannisters may well survive.   Even if the sole surviving male did nothing of interest or note in recent years.

I don't see the Stark name dying out, Arya although is set in travelling in her younger years will most likely settle down at some point as she is a lady but despite hating, if she marries someone of lower class they would probably be happy to take her name in marriage, she does seem to have a soft spot for rough scallies over pampered knights.

Sansa well she just gave the north back independence... she will have no problem getting men to change their name... age... hair colour... lose weight... jump off a bridge... jump through hoops...

Bran is he not able to get a stiffy ? I mean the urge isn't there but if he is able to get one going for the sake of furthering the line I'm sure he'd have no issue marrying... impregnating then ignoring her for the rest of their married years.

49 minutes ago, Essan said:

And funny enough after being a whoremeister for the first 4 seasons or so... I think he has lost interest in woman.. I don't mean he has switched sides.. I just think after all the heartbreak and such he doesn't have the same urges to find and marry someone.

Also it's not mentioned but surely these powerful families have cousins ? to further the name if need be... there must be Stark cousins shagging around.

3 hours ago, nyser1 said:

On the contrary I think the Starks are on the rise.

Well, one can't father children, one took a powder to the edge of the world, the 'queen' is an unmarried female who will need to birth a lot of heirs to create the next generation of "Starks", who are already extinguished in the male line.

4 hours ago, Essan said:

Sansa is the Queen without having a late King husband, she can take a husband and her husband can take her name. Sansa probably marries with a northerner noble and that noble takes her name.

Or, Arya and Jon can have bastard born children, and Sansa can legitimize them.

If Sansa can be the Queen of the North and her people are happy with it, there would be no problem to take a prince consort. As for the candidates from the 6K, she is the King's sister, and we have phenomens like Yara being the ruler of the Ironborn and Ser Brienne being apparently the commander of KG. I doubt anyone in the DDverse cares about 'the male line' anymore.

TV wise I get the feeling Sansa will never see her siblings, besides Bran again. Arya and Jon's stories mirrored. They join organisations that want to turn them into weapons, removing all worldly pleasures from them. They start at the very bottom before rising to their goal but constantly break the rules. They abandon said organisations to return home. They fall in love but 'Duty is the death of love', Jon's duty to the realm. Gendry's duty to the survival of the Baratheon name. They defeat Ice and Fire with a stab to the heart. They go into exile and are never seen again. 

29 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Well, one can't father children, one took a powder to the edge of the world, the 'queen' is an unmarried female who will need to birth a lot of heirs to create the next generation of "Starks", who are already extinguished in the male line.

I do not think Bran has tried but if you read the World of Ice and Fire there is at least one instance of the line continuing with a female Stark and a male wildling. Sansa's children will take her name and perhaps Arya will have children as well.

For all we know, Jon could have children, legitimately (after breaking his oath) or illegitimately (also after breaking his oath) as well who could make a play.

Starks are dandy. They have a relatively young King on the throne of Six Kingdoms, so they can expect a few decades of prosperious relations that way - although they will never have another King there, since they are not even part of the Six Kingdoms. And they have a rather attractive young unmarried Queen sitting on their own ancestral throne in the North. On the Kingsroad, roughly around the border between the Riverlands and The North - that's where the queue of Sansa's suitors starts. All she needs to do is to pick one.

The only real risk is the childbirth, as already pointed out by AryaNymeriaVisenya. But she is young and iron willed so the risk is not that big.

50 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

Sansa is the Queen without having a late King husband, she can take a husband and her husband can take her name. Sansa probably marries with a northerner noble and that noble takes her name.

Who’s left of the Northern nobles? The Boltons, Umbers, Karstarks, and Mormonts are all dead, Manderlys, Cerwyns, Hornwoods and Mazins are non-factors, Glover is an older married man (that’s if he’s still alive). And... that’s it.

Archived