Are the starks finished?

desire

I'm curious if Jon will be legitimized as a Stark to hide his true identity.  I think the general idea is that after the next episode all the traditional large houses will be gone.

Tully's still have Edmure but we don't know if that's going anywhere

We didn't get the last name for the new Prince of Dorne

Yes Baratheon has been saved

Stark, Lannister, and Arryn are on life support

Greyjoy only has a female left

Targaryen is no sure thing to continue

I'm sure if we looked at the history of ice and fire we would see that similar instances have happened in the past.  Like the Starks of today probably don't have a direct line to the kings of winter, same with the Arryns.

Lady Sandra will either never marry or get into a political marriage and have some kids to further the House both on the North and the Vale.

Arya will either die or just leave never to be seen again.

Jon will go North with the wildlings or take the black removing himself from titles etc.

Bran can't have children but could be an important ruler 

Sansa pretty much has to marry Lord Robyn Arryn. House Arryn is easily the most powerful house in the north and very aligned with her already.

I still think there's a chance Arya ends up a Baratheon.

Branno can stay at Winterfell and tend his favorite garden.

Jon takes the throne and marries... Tormund :dunno:

• Tyrell is extinct, unless we have word of Margarey's cousins RIP
  • Targaryen may become extinct if Jon dies or takes the black
  • Tully is probably dead, unless we get an Edmure cameo. It did seem like the Blackfish's death was portrayed as the Tully's last stand. With the Tully's Freys and LF dead, there's assumably a huge power vacuum. RIP
  • Stark is extinct, unless they bring up some exception. I doubt that they'll think about that, though. RIP
  • Greyjoy is absolutely extinct. RIP
  • Baratheon is back! I'm pretty sure that it doesn't count because Dany will be recognized as a princess, but whatever.
  • Lannister may die with Tyrion
  • They mentioned a new prince of Dorne. I'm fairly sure that the Martel's are called princes because they're related to Nymeria, but I doubt that they thought of this. RIP
  • Arryn will definitely survive this, and by the end of the show, Sweetrobin will almost assuredly be the most powerful man in Westeros, probably the planet.

So, there's 4 great houses left in Westeros from our knowledge. By the last episode, imagine there'll be 2 or 3. All hail Robin Arryn.

I'm sure that, just like all the other houses, the Starks of WInterfell have loads of relatives to take up the seat. It's ridiculous to think that a family that has been around for thousands of years only has a handful of members. The North must be crawling with Starks.

Some of you don't know how Westeros monarchy works.

A house is not finished if it has only female heirs. Female heirs of the great houses have married trough history members of other smaller houses who took the stronger house name, and furthered the longevity of set great house.

5 minutes ago, MagicPen said:

A house is not finished if it has only female heirs. Female heirs of the great houses have married trough history members of other smaller houses who took the stronger house name, and furthered the longevity of set great house.

That's what i was thinking. Sansa just needs to get it on with a minor lord who takes her name and becomes a Stark. Same with Yara and other ladies who are the last of the family. 

Although I also agree that in theory there should be dozens of cousins running around that are part of the family line for these houses.

18 hours ago, desire said:

Bran is the only male left and he is more wood then his wheelchair :/ Unless Sansa makes the husband take the Stark name but um?

I doubt House Stark is finished. The Bael the Bard story implies that the current Stark line is descended from a wildling and the bastard of a Stark maid. And whether or not that story is true, we know that a male can take the name of his higher born wife, and have their children carry the higher born name. For example, King Joffrey Lydden, who took on the Lannister name of his wife after he was crowned by a council.

I get the feeling that the names are as much attached to the seats as they are the people.

Tywin wanted Tyrion to put a child in Sansa's belly so that he would hold the North. It was implicit that he would take the Stark name so as to be able to rule the North.

One plot issue here is that Tyrion did actually get a chance from Tywin who actually handed him a seat worth more than Casterly Rock had he chosen to take it. Of course it was not his to give and he never had control but it wasn't exactly nothing. The letting Sansa murder him on the other hand... not so cool. 

8 hours ago, MagicPen said:

True.  Although extinct now, female Mormonts seem to have remained Mormonts, regardless of marriage.  If Lady Lyanna is a typical example, I don't see their husband's putting up an argument.  Gotta love those she bears.  RIP brave girl. 

14 hours ago, tallTale said:

Sansa pretty much has to marry Lord Robyn Arryn. House Arryn is easily the most powerful house in the north and very aligned with her already.

ICK ICK ICK! That's incest! Don't you know how disgusting that would be to the poor squeamish Americans who don't understand how the real world works?

Gross.

19 hours ago, Winter prince said:

I'm curious if Jon will be legitimized as a Stark to hide his true identity.  I think the general idea is that after the next episode all the traditional large houses will be gone.

Tully's still have Edmure but we don't know if that's going anywhere

We didn't get the last name for the new Prince of Dorne

Yes Baratheon has been saved

Stark, Lannister, and Arryn are on life support

Greyjoy only has a female left

Targaryen is no sure thing to continue

I'm sure if we looked at the history of ice and fire we would see that similar instances have happened in the past.  Like the Starks of today probably don't have a direct line to the kings of winter, same with the Arryns.

That sure tells you what George thinks about male primogeniture, doesn't it just?

14 hours ago, tallTale said:

I still think there's a chance Arya ends up a Baratheon.

Branno can stay at Winterfell and tend his favorite garden.

Jon takes the throne and marries... Tormund :dunno:

Yep, Sansa can control Robyn with ease.

Or poison him lol.

1 minute ago, longest night said:

None of that has anything to do with the books. It isn't even remotely like that. This is a pure D&D creation.

You seriously think that all the Great Houses won't have their trueborn male heirs capable of siring children taken down in the books?

Really?  Whatever gives you that idea?

On 5/16/2019 at 12:42 AM, desire said:

Bran is the only male left and he is more wood then his wheelchair :/ Unless Sansa makes the husband take the Stark name but um?

That's what she'll do. Just like Maege Mormont had children that were Mormonts to continue on the name. The Starks have done it before with Brandon the Daughterless's daughter and her bastard son.

Archived