Game of Star Wars: The Final Hope

lady narcissa

4 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

No kidding, + Obi Wan is official, Marvel has..7? Shows, new Muppets... for fucks sake just take me money.

Damn, they got me!

Fucking good example of how dangerous Disney owning everything is...it's impossible they don't have some kind of bait to lure in anyone.

11 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Awww I love Hondo. 

Also, Ming Na Wen just announced to be in the Mandalorian and I’m over the moon.

also, huh, I just realized I saw the Hondo thing on Ming Na’s instagram

He's fine in small doses :)

The Mandalorian looks excellent. They could have released that trailer as a movie and I'd have been fooled. It looks as good as anything in the movies in terms of aesthetics. How much money have they thrown at this show? I'm pleased they have though as if there's one thing that would have scuppered live-action Star wars it would have been them looking cheap. I also love the music in the trailer, I hope that's an official soundtrack as it's not "star wars orchestra" but really fits the tone of this being on the fringes and quirky.

Then there's the Obi Wan announcement. Mcgregor looked so happy getting to tell folk on stage it was officially happening. And they have a season of stories already which maybe implies they could do more. 

The footage discussing Clone wars has me hyped too. Filoni was saying the battle of Mandalore is the most important part of the show's lore to him.

6 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

No kidding, + Obi Wan is official, Marvel has..7? Shows, new Muppets... for fucks sake just take me money.

The angst for me is that they still haven't said where the mandalorian will air in the UK. Pretty sure most UK fans won't be waiting until February 2020 for Disney+ to launch there. I'll have to investigate VPN options - works with Netflix but that's from my UK account whereas that isn't possible with Disney+

I'm still a bit "wait and see" with the Marvel announcements but the potential in the sheer number of shows announced is intriguing.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Really looking forward to the Obi Wan thing, he’s one of the few Jedi I like.

He's also the undisputed force fighting champion until he throws the fight with Vader. I wonder how many others he'll take down in this show?

20 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

After my buddy forwarded me "The Mandalorian" trailer I told him that I was just going to give Disney my bank routing and account numbers since it would just be a more efficient way for them to take my money that I'm going to end up shelling out anyway.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:02 AM, red snow said:

I guess things are only canon until they aren't.

The way I've come to think of it, canon means the story is part of the larger work. But what happened in that story can still be ret-conned. and ret-conning part of a story is not necessarily the same same as erasing it from canon. Like a lot of stuff in the original Star Wars has been Retconned, but of course the movie itself is still canon. 

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

The way I've come to think of it, canon means the story is part of the larger work. But what happened in that story can still be ret-conned. and ret-conning part of a story is not necessarily the same same as erasing it from canon. Like a lot of stuff in the original Star Wars has been Retconned, but of course the movie itself is still canon. 

Yeah. A bit like they never mention midichlorians but they haven't erased episode 1. Or there actually being quite a lot of force users survive beyond obi, yoda and darth.

They were also pointing out that they have dropped the episodes for the trilogies in the timeline as well. But those are fairly minor.

23 hours ago, red snow said:

He's also the undisputed force fighting champion until he throws the fight with Vader. I wonder how many others he'll take down in this show?

There was no high ground to be had in that flat, narrow corridor. He knew he was fucked. 

On 8/23/2019 at 6:54 AM, red snow said:

I imagine maul and his criminal empire would bleed into a Kenobi series especially given the justified beef between them. I'm just trying to remember whether them meeting would contradict anything in Rebels which is apparently the final say on that relationship (although maul has been thought to be dead before).

Gonna spoiler tag this

Spoiler

Its definitely the final say - rather than falling out of screen he falls into Obi Wan's arms, gets a deathbed discussion and attains peace with OBW in accepting that they were never really enemies but victims of Sidious. Most importantly for why its final is that he knew about Luke and him gaining that knowledge is when OBW decided he needed to die, the on screen death with OBW closing his open eyes could still be handwaved away if they wanted but thats a plot reason he stays dead there.

You could certainly retell the end of those events in live action though, although I'd be surprised if they managed to match the perfection of how they animated it.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:14 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I really hope Sith Rey is true, finally a Disney princess to be proud of :P.

I know they won’t but I’d love it if they ended it with Rey being Palpatines apprentice and the resistance in ruins :commie:.

Archived