Game of Star Wars: The Final Hope

lady narcissa

I very much did not like either The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi.  But I will still see this one opening weekend, and I will hope that it can redeem the new trilogy for me.  A lot of interesting scenes in the trailer...but then again the trailers for the last two had me excited.  I will say that I cringed at both scenes where there were a bazillion spaceships - the first where the Falcon comes into view, and there are a ton of (presumably) Rebel ships behind it, and then when they're riding horse-analogs across a Star Destroyer, and there's a ton of Star Destroyers in the distance.  I really liked the shot of the Corellian Corvette flying right above the treetops, though. 

My eagle-eyed son noticed that Rey had some kind of dagger in her left hand when her and Kylo were destroying some sort of statue(?) towards the end of the trailer.  Hard to tell if they were acting together, or it was just destroyed as they were countering each others lightsabers.

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

If it were someone other than JJ Abrams I’d be interested.

I'll see it once in the theatre. But the JJ factor alone means I'll wait until it hits TNT or some channel like that before worrying about a repeat.  

But who knows? I expect so little from JJ, that maybe I'll be surprised...? 

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yes because those 20 or so years between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens he just sat alone in a cave.

Ah yes...the "it happened offscreen" argument.  Which...at best could maybe be applied to Poe.  When did he interact with Finn and/or Rey during those 20 years?

1 minute ago, HokieStone said:

Ah yes...the "it happened offscreen" argument.  Which...at best could maybe be applied to Poe.  When did he interact with Finn and/or Rey during those 20 years?

Not sure he’s talking about Rey, Finn, or Poe. See all the wires in the back of his head? Guys a robot.  He could be watching Leia, Chewie, and Lando die on camera. 

8 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Right, because that's such a stretch. We obviously need an entire film to explain that things happen in between films.

43 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

And then there's C-3P0 saying "I want one last look...at my friends" - to people he's barely interacted with.  :unsure:

Obviously he's only referring to Chewy and R2, as all the other assholes from the OT weren't his friends - they just treated him like a servant.

2 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I'm assuming there's a significant gap between Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker during which Threepio could have gotten to know all the other survivors of the Resistance quite well...

Archived