Game of Star Wars: The Final Hope

lady narcissa

I love how people are already searching for flaws to bitch about. I plan to see it twice the week of Christmas since I am off the whole week.

I think the statue thing was a mistake while they were fighting each other.

2 hours ago, Gronzag said:

Trailer was bang average. I'm sure this will make a huge amount of money, but I think Star Wars franchise is in a real trouble. Next trilogy won't have OT characters to leverage. 

If this thread is anything to go by then the worst that's going to happen is that people who hate the trailer will only see it once. Hardly anything for Disney to worry about yet. It'll be very interesting to see if non-episode films can maintain the success.

25 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I thought the trailer looked great. It unfortunately made me feel absolutely nothing.

Third movie and I have no attachment or interest in the characters or situation. Something has gone very wrong.

Oddly I'm pleased it doesn't have me too excited as i think the last film had me expecting far too much with the return of Luke. There's no character returning in the final film that has me that excited.

No argument at all about it looking stunning visually though. 

Wonder if the smaller ships in the armada are going to light speed nuke all the star destroyers or will the emperor have fitted them with light speed shields?

Yay, a new trailer. Didn't hit me in the feels as much as the trailers for the previous two films of the trilogy, but still has me excited. 

C3PO's "friends" line was a bit cheezy, but it's C3PO.

Damn there were a ton of spaceships in that trailer. But why are they all so bunched up?

It looked like that star destroyer was being raised from the sea in that one clip, but I'm probably wrong. 

Also looked like a hooded figure in a massive exoskeleton or mech at the end. Could it be Palpatine? Maybe doing his best Ripley imitation?

I'll have to watch it a few more times an try to see more I probably missed.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

I thought the trailer looked great. It unfortunately made me feel absolutely nothing.

Third movie and I have no attachment or interest in the characters or situation. Something has gone very wrong.

But that is the problem with these star wars or even got8. 

The look great, have amazing sound and visual effects but then lack depth and logic and try to sell themselves based on social issues

2 minutes ago, divica said:

The look great, have amazing sound and visual effects but then lack depth and logic and try to sell themselves based on social issues

Unfortunately those issues are pretty common in almost all blockbuster movies these days. These Star Wars movies are a product of their time.

Most Marvel movies are bland action fests and it’s really only a few notable exceptions that are able to break the trend and be in any way memorable. So it’s not surprising these SW movies are so bland.

19 minutes ago, divica said:

But I actually still care about these SW characters like Rey and Kylo. I felt nothing watching the final episodes of GoT. 

And I would even disagree that they looked great. 

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Same.  This is the first time ever I've seen a SWs trailer and not been tremendously excited and rewatched the trailer oodles of times.

If anything it left a melancholy feel.  As I watched it I was just kind of reminded of Rogue One (maybe the music set in that frame) and all I could think of was they are doomed...fighting for a greater good whose battle will never truly end.  What they did with this new trilogy was dampen the high note that ROTJ ended on.  How will this younger generation fare any better?  They will fight the battle, they will defeat whatever is out there, and end the movie on a glorious moment but its just a temporary hollow victory.  And its hard for me to get excited about that.

The C-3PO line was the best and the worst.  It just felt really off to have him say that line to the people they show us hearing it (Chewie and R2D2 aside).  But on the other hand you know this is most likely the end of the SWs run for Anthony Daniels and I think when he said that line, he wasn't really acting and he was really saying it to everyone in SWs community who has been with him for the past 9 movies.  It really is a goodbye.

I liked it a lot. It wasnt as affecting as hearing the emperor the first time, but hearing luke and leia say the force will be with you...always? That got me. 

The throne room encounter looks gorgeous too. So does ren coming out of the water with the lightsaber. 

Archived