Game of Star Wars: The Final Hope

lady narcissa

Yeah I kinda wish I was a kid again and maybe I could enjoy this sort of thing.

But I’m too removed from the franchise now after so many burn outs. All I see in these trailers are numerous cynical corporate decisions, one after the other. Some might get chills hearing Luke or Leia, all I hear is tills ringing and people in suits high fiving each other.

I got chills at the force awakens trailer and even at the last Jedi, but I’ve learnt my lesson. I got nothing from this.

New trailer looks good to me, but that new take on the theme music gave me goosebumps. 

My daughters are as heavily invested in Rey as I was in Luke, when their age. They gasped a few times watching along. 

3 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I liked it a lot. It wasnt as affecting as hearing the emperor the first time, but hearing luke and leia say the force will be with you...always? That got me. 

The throne room encounter looks gorgeous too. So does ren coming out of the water with the lightsaber. 

I thought it all looked gorgeous tbh. Some really cool looking shots in there. Very excited for this, I’ve booked tickets for the back to back showing (VII, VIII and IX) 

26 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

New trailer looks good to me, but that new take on the theme music gave me goosebumps. 

My daughters are as heavily invested in Rey as I was in Luke, when their age. They gasped a few times watching along. 

Indeed

IMAX TICKETS BOUGHT

ERMERGERD BEING IN THE THEATER, WITHIN THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK LOOP OF MY GIRLS WONDER AND JOY, IF I WERE SPARHAWK THE MIGHTY I MIGHT JUST CRY  

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

It does look great.  Part of me wonders if Palpatine is a stand in for JJ originally planned I gotta to have Snoke there until Rian killed him off?

Best thing he did, Snoke wasn’t as nearly a good villain as Palpatine.

@Jeordhi I hope you enjoy watching with your daughters I bet that must be so enjoyable, I can’t wait until my daughter is old enough to watch and enjoy Star Wars, I’m really looking forward to it I  the future, it’s going to be a while though she’s not quite two yet,I hope she doesn’t end up as a little Rey though (unless the trailer is to be believed and she becomes Darth Rey :D)

The thing I'm most looking forward to about the end of the trilogy of trilogies will be no more C3PO. You could edit him out of the movies after the initial Jawa / Luke scene and never miss a thing. 

Other than that, looks fun, which is all that is required of a Star Wars movie. 

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Best thing he did, Snoke wasn’t as nearly a good villain as Palpatine.

@Jeordhi I hope you enjoy watching with your daughters I bet that must be so enjoyable, I can’t wait until my daughter is old enough to watch and enjoy Star Wars, I’m really looking forward to it I  the future, it’s going to be a while though she’s not quite two yet,I hope she doesn’t end up as a little Rey though (unless the trailer is to be believed and she becomes Darth Rey :D)

You will think that right up to the moment you know Luke is about to be revealed and they tell you they can’t hold it anymore and you have to leave for the bathroom before the emotional climax of the movie! :lol: 

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I know I will. 

STAR WARS was such a big part of my imaginative youth, running the woods of the acreage, force pushing imagined troopers, lightstick fighting with my brother and friends despite rapped knuckles and bruises. That I've gotten to relive it through my daughters -who love it as much as I did- just compounds the feels, yo. 

Say what you will about the IP, I'm immensely grateful to share that with them.

7 minutes ago, Rhom said:

You will think that right up to the moment you know Luke is about to be revealed and they tell you they can’t hold it anymore and you have to leave for the bathroom before the emotional climax of the movie! :lol: 

lol

Mine are old enough now that if they have to go I make them tag team it-- but I stay and enjoy the movie. :)

19 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

I know I will. 

STAR WARS was such a big part of my imaginative youth, running the woods of the acreage, force pushing imagined troopers, lightstick fighting with my brother and friends despite rapped knuckles and bruises. That I've gotten to relive it through my daughters -who love it as much as I did- just compounds the feels, yo. 

Say what you will about the IP, I'm immensely grateful to share that with them.

That warms my heart man, it really does. The amount of hatred and bile and just plain meanness I’m witnessing on other sites really makes me think we’re fucked as a species but this makes me feel a bit better. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

That warms my heart man, it really does. The amount of hatred and bile and just plain meanness I’m witnessing on other sites really makes me think we’re fucked as a species but this makes me feel a bit better. 

Hearts out, bro.

None of them are taking this away from me and mine. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Just have to ignore the hate. It's mostly just people looking to rile others up because they find it funny. Some of it real, people who are disappointed, but you can normally tell the difference.

Archived