Jump to content
lady narcissa

Game of Star Wars: The Final Hope

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, divica said:

what are the leaks?

Reddit. Google Episode IX leaks reddit and you'll see the original leak, along with a follow up clarification from a different source (one that tends to have inside information, but is also very disreputable in many, many other circumstances).

Edited by kuenjato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kuenjato said:

Reddit. Google Episode IX leaks reddit and you'll see the original leak, along with a follow up clarification from a different source (one that tends to have inside information, but is also very disreputable in many, many other circumstances).

Those leaks sounded really stupid…

Spoiler

So leia now is a jedi? and will master techniques only master jedis have mastered?

I won t even waste time comenting how stupid the parts about palpitine are...

Edited by divica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darth Richard II said:

Careful what you post without spoiler tags

I edited it. better edit your post so it doesn t show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great for Star Wars but bad for Marvel?

TBH, I'm kind of burnt out on Marvel. Endgame was so great (and I enjoyed Spiderman) but the Infinity Saga is done. Aside from Black Widow movie, I'm not really drawn to any of the new characters/movies announced.

I'm ready to see SW actually get a new set of legs. I'm cautiously optimistic with D&D and Johnson developing their trilogies. But the idea of Feige stepping in gets me excited.

ETA: Maybe Disney wanted to cut Spiderman loose to give Feige more time with their other billion dollar franchise? Maybe this is speculation better for the Marvel thread...

Edited by Myrddin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many Star Wars movies are there going to be? There is the D&D shitshow  trilogy , the Rian Johnson clusterfest trilogy.

I'm wondering if Feige is really just working on one movie or being brought in to help Kennedy 'freshen up' her thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

How many Star Wars movies are there going to be? There is the D&D shitshow  trilogy , the Rian Johnson clusterfest trilogy.

I'm wondering if Feige is really just working on one movie or being brought in to help Kennedy 'freshen up' her thinking. 

It's all a bit fluid now. Latest talk about the D&D project is they're only going to do one movie. This came after the season 8 clusterfuck, so maybe Disney is losing faith in them. Johnson is still working on his trilogy, supposedly. I have a feeling that if The Mandalorian is good and successful, Disney will latch on to doing more live action shows instead of movies. (Especially since they got an Obi-Wan show in the works, too)

Edited by Corvinus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is also a Cassian Andor show in the works.

9 hours ago, Heartofice said:

How many Star Wars movies are there going to be? There is the D&D shitshow  trilogy , the Rian Johnson clusterfest trilogy.

I'm wondering if Feige is really just working on one movie or being brought in to help Kennedy 'freshen up' her thinking. 

Allow me to respond to this with my infamous emoji only response:

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Myrddin said:

TBH, I'm kind of burnt out on Marvel.

Apparently, so is Feige.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, it's cool he's producing one, and all, but until we know who's writing and directing it's kind of weird to me how everyone is saying how amazing this is going to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He already cares more about starwars on day one than jj , kk, and rye anne john's son.   So that's something.   And his movies click, because he catches things in preproduction, like the last few star wars movies wouldn't have gotten past him without him noticing the plots were dumb.  Then he would have called someone and asked them, "hey, what are we doing here?   You gave me a script that doesn't make any sense.  Let's work on that some."    Whereas other SW producers haven't been aware of such problems and it got released as the actual final cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Corvinus said:

It's all a bit fluid now. Latest talk about the D&D project is they're only going to do one movie. This came after the season 8 clusterfuck, so maybe Disney is losing faith in them. Johnson is still working on his trilogy, supposedly. I have a feeling that if The Mandalorian is good and successful, Disney will latch on to doing more live action shows instead of movies. (Especially since they got an Obi-Wan show in the works, too)

Personally I don’t think that would be a bad thing, I’m really looking forward to the Obi-Wan one, and would love one set in the Old Republic!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Personally I don’t think that would be a bad thing, I’m really looking forward to the Obi-Wan one, and would love one set in the Old Republic!.

I have to agree about more tv shows rather than movies.  I tend to think the art of the movie is dying in some ways. There are now too many considerations being made commercially for most people to be able to go and tell a decent story in about 2 hours. Whether its easier to do that in a longer format is debatable, but I've seen too many movies which try to cram too much in to the point of incoherence. 

Hopefully The Mandalorian will be great, it does look great so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

I have to agree about more tv shows rather than movies.  I tend to think the art of the movie is dying in some ways. There are now too many considerations being made commercially for most people to be able to go and tell a decent story in about 2 hours. Whether its easier to do that in a longer format is debatable, but I've seen too many movies which try to cram too much in to the point of incoherence. 

Hopefully The Mandalorian will be great, it does look great so far. 

I agree with you, a prime example imo is Revenge of the Sith, because so much time was spent pod racing in Episode 1 and frolicking around on Naboo in Episode 2 it meant nearly the entire backstory of the creation of the Empire and the creation of Darth Vader was show horned into one film.

TV series can be so much more fleshed out and intricate and in terms of a Star Wars one, I’d find that really interesting, looking forward to The Mandalorian as well!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I agree with you, a prime example imo is Revenge of the Sith, because so much time was spent pod racing in Episode 1 and frolicking around on Naboo in Episode 2 it meant nearly the entire backstory of the creation of the Empire and the creation of Darth Vader was show horned into one film.

I'm thinking more along the lines of newer movies. There is so much pressure to give characters equal time, introduce them, give them a backstory, make sure all story arcs are set up for any potential future movies, that there is usually very little time to make a coherent compelling story. I think it as the Amazing Spiderman 2 problem, named after a movie that does almost nothing except try to fulfil franchise demands and forgets to be even slightly watchable. 

The recent Star Wars movies have their own issues and seem to be reasonably free of these issues, they are just badly written. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

You know, it's cool he's producing one, and all, but until we know who's writing and directing it's kind of weird to me how everyone is saying how amazing this is going to be.

If feige can throw the kind of creative teams he gets on marvel projects the assumption is he'll probably pick a good team. Taika is directing an epidode of the mandalorian so might be interested.

It might also be a passion project for Feige which could be very interesting as I don't think he was a die hard marvel fan and look what he created.

My main concern would be the type of story as the writing/plot of marvel films lacks depth IMO while depth is vital to star wars. Eg a film about a jedi fighting a villain who inevitably will have a horde of copy and paste droids/aliens in the final act probably won't cut it in star wars but works fine in the MCU.

I could also do without 6 films focusing on separate heroes/villains who come together for a "rebels assemble" film. I think that would work better in the tv shows now especially with obi wan, solo and maul existing in the same time period. 

I'm in agreement that the TV shows are the most exciting prospect at the moment and that's entirely down to the medium being better suited to world/mythology building. Films used to win over because the star wars aesthetic is essential but the mandalorian footage suggests they can nail that in tv now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, red snow said:

My main concern would be the type of story as the writing/plot of marvel films lacks depth IMO while depth is vital to star wars. Eg a film about a jedi fighting a villain who inevitably will have a horde of copy and paste droids/aliens in the final act probably won't cut it in star wars but works fine in the MCU.

Yeah... you'd never see hordes of CGI robots in a massive battle with other CGI guys in armor while two dudes square off with a bad dude in a Star Wars movie...

Or hordes of weird water aliens fighting said CGI robots while two dudes fight another dude in a power reactor...

Or hordes of small furry things that would likely be CGI if done today fighting said dudes in armor while two dudes face off on a space station...

Or hordes of tall furry things that face off against CGI hordes of armored dudes while another dude kills a lot of little dudes...

Nope... not in Star Wars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×