Game of Star Wars: The Final Hope

lady narcissa

17 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

That's a pretty far reach from the shot of a laser in a Star Wars trailer. Not to mention Death Star lasers are green.

Granted. But it's all highly speculative at this point.  But since it looks like there's another desert planet, and another jungle planet...

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Is he going to do his version of “Return of the Jedi” this time?

Yeah I really don't buy that's a Death Star. The amount of destruction around that brief shot is nothing like even the "single ignition" of the original Death Star shown in Rogue One. That's some conventional or tactical weapon attacking a target, not a planet killer destroying a planet.

8 hours ago, karaddin said:

You know having emotions isn't something to be sneered at right? Yeah, he didn't express it very well and saying something like "ffs can you at least wait to see it before judging it a failure" might be a better way to phrase it but "your silly fragile emotions" makes you sound like you're embracing the shitty manosphere culture.

This poster has, time and time again, attempted to silence opinions he does not agree with in regard to this movie franchise. So, I'm asking him to give just ONE reason that isn't totally selfish/emotionally driven for why he thinks he has a right to do so on a public forum. 

I totally disagree with the second part of your post, but I don't really want to get into it other than to say my issues go FAR beyond TLJ. 

You can sit here and demand I debate you all you want, if you think I’ve been trying to silence every opinion I don’t agree with here, you either missed a few threads or haven’t been paying attention. That’s the last I’m going to say on the subject.

P.s. This isn’t a public forum, not in the sense that you think it is anyway.

On 8/26/2019 at 1:05 AM, karaddin said:

Gonna spoiler tag this

Reveal hidden contents

Its definitely the final say - rather than falling out of screen he falls into Obi Wan's arms, gets a deathbed discussion and attains peace with OBW in accepting that they were never really enemies but victims of Sidious. Most importantly for why its final is that he knew about Luke and him gaining that knowledge is when OBW decided he needed to die, the on screen death with OBW closing his open eyes could still be handwaved away if they wanted but thats a plot reason he stays dead there.

You could certainly retell the end of those events in live action though, although I'd be surprised if they managed to match the perfection of how they animated it.

Yeah to get back to this, that scene was perfect and I really don’t see them trying to recreate or retcon it.

Something to consider past "JJ is just copying the OT for fan service: Lucas' Poetry Theory

Lucas looked at all of this like a piece of music with recurring themes that invert and mirror. Having Palpatine show up in IX as a ghost mirrors I where he was the "phantom menace". Vision or real, Rey having a double bladed Swiss Army Saber mirrors (or inverts) Maul. (but who truly thinks Rey's turn will be in the trailer?)

But MOST importantly, the footage shows us the real conflict in this whole 9 part sage: The tragedy of Threepio and Artoo. Threepio, the sleeper agent created by the Chosen One himself, has been dormant. Artoo has suspected his true nature for over 60 years. Now, when the phantom menace arises again, Threepio awakens. His eyes turn red. He is the old evil reborn. Artoo knows what he must do. He must find the high ground.

But seriously. Poetry. Looks for inverted images/themes mirroring Episode I in this movie. 

11 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Something to consider past "JJ is just copying the OT for fan service: Lucas' Poetry Theory

Lucas looked at all of this like a piece of music with recurring themes that invert and mirror. Having Palpatine show up in IX as a ghost mirrors I where he was the "phantom menace". Vision or real, Rey having a double bladed Swiss Army Saber mirrors (or inverts) Maul. (but who truly thinks Rey's turn will be in the trailer?)

But MOST importantly, the footage shows us the real conflict in this whole 9 part sage: The tragedy of Threepio and Artoo. Threepio, the sleeper agent created by the Chosen One himself, has been dormant. Artoo has suspected his true nature for over 60 years. Now, when the phantom menace arises again, Threepio awakens. His eyes turn red. He is the old evil reborn. Artoo knows what he must do. He must find the high ground.

But seriously. Poetry. Looks for inverted images/themes mirroring Episode I in this movie. 

But, another Death Star, really?  

I'm also hopeful there is not another Death Star. Wreckage and ruins, yes. New functioning one? No. Please.

There are things that seem to happen in every part of the trilogies: 1, 4, and 7, 2, 5, and 8, and now 3, 6, and 9. Rise of Skywalker will definitely have thematic parallels to Return of the Jedi. AND Revenge of the Sith. 

The inversion/mirroring of themes across the entire series is what I was both suggesting (and joking about) above. It's based on the vague memory of reading the Ring Theory years ago. Episode 9 will end kind of where Episode I began. 

I don't think that laser came from a Death Star. For one, the laser fires twice in quick succession. No DS ever needs to do that, and two, as has been pointed out DS lasers are green. For the most part, lasers from Imperial/First Order vessels are green. I believe the Dreadnought's big cannons were a different color, but they also had a different look, like projectiles or plasma bolts, not continuous lasers. For all we know, it could come from a rebel ship. 

But as we saw in the first trailer, there will be a DS, the ruined one, from the battle of Endor, likely.

15 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

They were also a heck of a lot bigger. And for some reason I thought they were green. Rewatch time.

Well Deathstar's weapon was a laser like energy beam (albeit slower than light like all energy weapons in SW) and Starkiller was plasma from a star, right? I always thought Starkiller was basically a squirt gun approach to planetary destruction. Step 1- acquire material into chamber. Step 2- expel at force at opponent. 

If we're getting an inversion of tropes, I can't wait to see the First Order straight up murder some Ewoks with modern technology. 

Just a call for folks to keep it civil, even when disagreeing. And if you find someone's posts harmful to your feelings or otherwise cause you significant annoyance such as you can't stay civil, consider putting them on ignore. It's therapuetic, and keeps the peace.

To be fair, Palpatine has always wanted those giant destroying things of death. That's kind of his deal. We don't know why he is so obsessed with it, but he cares massively about creating a fully operational battle station. 

I don't honestly think that's what it is in this movie given what I've seen of the toys and the like. But it's not exactly a reach. 

Archived